News Test Track to be reimagined

MrPromey

It’s not Tron, it’s CAD and other computer design imagery. It’s about being a real car designer. Not a futuristic motorcycle battle in a program.
Even though that imagery is nothing like what working in an actual cad program is like. 🤷‍♂️

When the visuals more closely match Tron than Autocad, Fusion360, etc., it's hard not to make the comparison.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

So if Turner spent more money we’d have an updated movie ride instead of Mickey?
No...Warner Bros owned it after the purchase in 1996..Here's what WB owns under Turner..

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film library (pre-May 1986) (excluding Babes in Toyland, owned by MGM itself via Orion Pictures)

Material from MGM's predecessors (Metro Pictures, Goldwyn Pictures and Louis B. Mayer Pictures) (post-1915) that did not enter the public domain

MGM Television library (pre-1985) (excluding the 1964–1967 Flipper series and Fame, owned by MGM itself, with ownership of the former handled through Orion Pictures)

MGM Cartoons library (1934–1958, 1961–1967) (excluding the Flip the Frog and Willie Whopper cartoons, owned by Thunderbean Animation

durangojim

My guess (and I apologize if this was brought up before as I didn’t read through all 9 pages) is that they’ll be pushing autonomous vehicles in a big way as the next evolution of transportation/motion. They’ll frame it as a way to enjoy the “ride” more with friends and family as well as helping with mobility issues of older adults. Many of my patients are GM and Chevy engineers and execs and they fell that autonomy will be bigger than EVs when it comes to adoption.

Cmdr_Crimson

You’re still misunderstanding that there are levels of sponsorships. Sure TCM was paying a hefty sum to have their name on an existing attraction. What TCM paid and what GM pays are not in the same ballpark.
It wasn't owned by Turner after 1996 it was all owned by Warner Bros after the purchase..TCM is just a channel under WB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom