News Test Track to be reimagined

JohnD

Any word on if they will do something to hide the backstage views for the outdoor portion? I love when you go outside and hit high speed (as do all guests) but it takes me out of the ride experience when you see all the backstage infrastructure. Is it just me?
Doesn't bother me. Were in a car where you're supposed to travel place to place. But they can plus up that loop some. I know it's a great place for them to put Chevy cars.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I assume part of the joke is that there will be very very little to document since any exterior overhaul will be a lot less extensive than SM-->TBA.
It was a true once-in-a-lifetime experience with Tiana with how accessible the project site was. I will be able to see a lot of the entrance work at Test Track from the monorail, so I will document what I can. I could see the ride testing at Tiana from the park, and this won't be as accessible, but similar.

JohnD

It was a true once-in-a-lifetime experience with Tiana with how accessible the project site was. I will be able to see a lot of the entrance work at Test Track from the monorail, so I will document what I can. I could see the ride testing at Tiana from the park, and this won't be as accessible, but similar.
The only ride testing you'll be able to see is what we see today. The car going around the outside of the building. But you might be able to report on possible new paint on the vehicles? Today, they're all blue.

SilentWindODoom

Wait can they actually hear it inside?! That seems like a big immersion-breaking blunder

Seems like no from further comments, but I'd think timing spaceships zipping by would easily fix that.

In an ideal world, it's being enclosed and there's going to be a projection of the future city from World of Motion with the original music.

What I do know? Nothing. 😞 Usually most people don't pay attention to that stuff.

If it were being enclosed, why do it on the screens? Keep the circle of cars (with lit details that fit whatever the style of the new version is) and replace the Test Track logo with the city. It needn't be an especially detailed recreation with how fast we're going, but it would look cool as a 3D model to travel around.

And see if they get Sirius channels.

Drew's gotta listen closely to see if he hears the dulcet tones of Pat St. John.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I wish they would remove the Blue Test Track bullseye in the center of the outside course and replace it with a giant updated model of Progress City. This could be done fairly cheaply, even for Disney. Made of opaque glass that is internally lit and changes colors towers that are 30 feet tall and little cars on tracks wizzing by. Just a big set piece. Imagining going around at 64.9 MPH seeing a future glowing city especially at night. Ode to Walt and better than some cars parked you can't see what they are.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20240615_165433_Disney World.jpg

Oh look they've started a day and a half early

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom