News Test Track to be reimagined

MerlinTheGoat

Know what I miss? Riding World of Motion while it was absolutely pouring outside. Not even kidding or trying to be a smart*** either, one of my absolute most vivid memories of EPCOT Center as a kid was running over to the ride during a summer deluge, then getting on and looking out over the drenched and hazy park from the rotunda at the beginning (fantastic view by the way) right before entering the first caveman scene.

Tha Realest

Know what I miss? Riding World of Motion while it was absolutely pouring outside. Not even kidding or trying to be a smart*** either, one of my absolute most vivid memories of EPCOT Center as a kid was running over to the ride during a summer deluge, then getting on and looking out over the drenched and hazy park from the rotunda at the beginning (fantastic view by the way) right before entering the first caveman scene.
I have such fond memories of that ride. One of my core memories at WDW as a kid in the early 90’s was hiding from a downpour under the arches at MGM. Eventually we knew the rain wouldn’t end soon so we just jumped through the puddles.

I got to create a similar memory with my family attending DHS this last summer also in the middle of a downpour. We had a LL for Slinky and got to ride in the middle of it. A nice callback. But yes, that long 10+ min ride experience during bad weather was terrific.

Scamp08

It would be cool if they could bring back the futuristic city from WoM. Have the track circle around it...

World-of-Motion-CenterCore.jpg

They did something similar to it with this. but, it lacks the 'wow' factor. It needs to be bigger and more impressive.

IMG_8990-610x405.jpg

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

Why don't they extend the track out into the park/land? Like Rocket Rods, but with banked turns. Like TTA, but with speed and elevation changes. EPCOT should have interconnection and kinetics.

You know what? High pie in the sky? How awesome would it be to have it ring the front half of the park? Journey to the Center of the Earth does a circuit. Imagine it being concentric with the monorail, having them pass each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom