News Test Track to be reimagined

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I think I already mentioned this earlier in the thread but enclosing the outdoor portion with a wrap-around screen could REALLY enhance this attraction.
The old "crash test" car could be another car you race. You stop at the line, the green light goes and you take off...the "crash test car" drives alongside you but you take the lead and head through the doors. The video screen shows the car racing you as you cruise along and then you finally win as you pass the finish line and into the final brake run into the building.
They could call it Tron 2 "Race for the Chevy"
No thanks!

WDWFREAK53

They could call it Tron 2 "Race for the Chevy"
No thanks!
The Tron aesthetic is going away... why do people think that's staying?

Rather than Test Track 1.0 where it was an actual testing facility...and Test Track 2.0 which was a digital testing ground...
I'd love Test Track 3.0 to be as if you're in an actual test mule. You drive through different biomes (not digitally or on a proving ground).
To me the only thing close to that was the "mountain road" test in the original Test Track.

Kamikaze

Rather than Test Track 1.0 where it was an actual testing facility...and Test Track 2.0 which was a digital testing ground...
I'd love Test Track 3.0 to be as if you're in an actual test mule. You drive through different biomes (not digitally or on a proving ground).
To me the only thing close to that was the "mountain road" test in the original Test Track.
No, the outdoor 'scene' you described is what happens in the Tron attraction. Thats what we're talking about, not the aesthetic currently inside Test Track.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
And we all know Disney just hasn't had any free cash to do anything lately. But on October 1, 2024, the magical money spigots will open and they'll suddenly have billions and billions to spend!
and if Bob puts all the construction purchases on a Disney Visa, he can earn $’s on a Disney Rewards card he can use to buy a refillable resort mug on his next visit

WDWFREAK53

No, the outdoor 'scene' you described is what happens in the Tron attraction. Thats what we're talking about, not the aesthetic currently inside Test Track.
So, removing all theming similarities, couldn't you say that about multiple attractions?

I don't understand how a virtual "lightcycle" run where you're trying to destroy the other users is the same as two race cars lining up on a track to race.
But that's just me.

I'd say the current version of Test Track would connect it more to Tron than that one short portion in a completely re-skinned Test Track.

Not much you can do with a high-speed portion of a test vehicle...

Skibum1970

There really are outdoor test tracks. So it can obviously be changed to this theme.

1664536995-boxberg-proving-ground.jpg

If only they would include the hill climb challenge from the Michigan Proving Grounds...

Kamikaze

So, removing all theming similarities, couldn't you say that about multiple attractions?

I don't understand how a virtual "lightcycle" run where you're trying to destroy the other users is the same as two race cars lining up on a track to race.
But that's just me.

I'd say the current version of Test Track would connect it more to Tron than that one short portion in a completely re-skinned Test Track.

Not much you can do with a high-speed portion of a test vehicle...
The 'race' you described is literally Tron. You 'race' against the other vehicle on a screen. Its the same, regardless if its a 'troncycle' or a 'car' or a 'double-inverted-zoom-bomber'. Its the same idea and it would play out the same way.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist

I am very well aware of the aesthetic leaving Test Track. Good riddance. What you described for an addition at the end, is being in a vehicle and racing another vehicle on a screen. Is that not what Tron at MK boils down to? They shouldn’t do that.

Before we all start arm chair Imagineering, let’s make a rule of no screens. Like in the good old days of Disney Imagineering. Now I definitely can get on board with different Biomes. Where have I seen that? Like Living with the Land, right? Wait a minute…

JohnD

I am very well aware of the aesthetic leaving Test Track. Good riddance. What you described for an addition at the end, is being in a vehicle and racing another vehicle on a screen. Is that not what Tron at MK boils down to? They shouldn’t do that.

Before we all start arm chair Imagineering, let’s make a rule of no screens. Like in the good old days of Disney Imagineering. Now I definitely can get on board with different Biomes. Where have I seen that? Like Living with the Land, right? Wait a minute…
If it's the same track, what do you do with the slow section that currently shows the smoke going over the top of the vehicle? Wouldn't that need to be a screen of something?

Phicinfan

SSE is in pretty good shape other than the return. Test track being tied back to classic Epcot is a huge step in the right direction
We can agree to disagree, but the last two trips I took to Epcot in the last two years SSE was down or having issues each time, and I see more and more reports of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom