News Test Track to be reimagined

Disstevefan1

If it means getting more ride updates (or just having pavilions open in general like WoL) I’d prefer if they sought out more sponsorships for attractions. I know Disney doesn’t like to give up control on certain things, but certainly giving up SOME control is worth it to keep Epcot specifically fresher and thus boost guest spending and attendance.
Disney 😍😍 LOVES 😍😍 sponsors because Disney 😍😍 LOVES MONEY 😍 they just cant get any sponsors on THEIR terms.

BTW - I thought someone on TWDC's board is a big wig at GM ?

Haymarket2008

I wonder when this will close and how it will affect the future closures of Spaceship Earth and probably Imagination. Taking this one offline is pretty significant.

zipadee999

I wonder when this will close and how it will affect the future closures of Spaceship Earth and probably Imagination. Taking this one offline is pretty significant.
I’m hoping it’s very very popular and well received so we can show Disney that people still want the spirit of old Epcot. If updating an attraction while looking to the past is a booming success for Disney, it might make things a little brighter for SSE and JII

Earlie the Pearlie

See, if TEST TRACK - arguably one of the most solid standalone of EPCOT’s thrill rides that fit within the park - could be more like WoM, then ANYTHING could be fixed! (Soarin featuring the Colander Combo and Fiesta Fruit might be an interesting concept)

muddyrivers

Honestly, my low expectation hope is a return of It's Fun to be Free, which is one of the great classic Epcot songs and it would be cool to have it back. Even if that is the extent of the homage to WoM, I'd be happy - though I'd love to see some of the historical scenes/gags as well.
I hope the song returns as long as it's the original. I don't want a "reimagining" of the song complete with autotuned vocals. Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect to see any of the historical scenes/gags unless it's a hologram or displayed on a screen. Costs too much to put in so many animatronics and WoM I think had the record for most animatronics in an attraction. It was definitely one of the grandest scale EPCOT Center attractions.
It’s gonna be a high speed Spaceship Earth but themed with cars throughout the years
That was my thought although I'm not sure how well it would capture guests' attention. Initial hill climb would be a journey back in time to the first vehicle. Can't be a Model T though as that's a Ford product in a GM sponsored pavilion :p

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Do we suspect that they go back to General Motors branding instead of Chevrolet?

It's Chevy. Given the guest profile at WDW, Chevrolet is the main brand that they'll experience.

For example, if this were at Shanghai, it'd likely be sponsored by Buick. And if it were in Paris, GM wouldn't bother touching it.

lazyboy97o

It's Chevy. Given the guest profile at WDW, Chevrolet is the main brand that they'll experience.

For example, if this were at Shanghai, it'd likely be sponsored by Buick. And if it were in Paris, GM wouldn't bother touching it.
It’s actually Chevy at Shanghai Disneyland. They sponsor TRON Lightcycle Power Run and have a whole post-show space that wasn’t cloned for the Magic Kingdom.

mkt

Premium Member
It’s actually Chevy at Shanghai Disneyland. They sponsor TRON Lightcycle Power Run and have a whole post-show space that wasn’t cloned for the Magic Kingdom.

That's impressive and surprising, given that Buick is GM's biggest brand in China.

Earlie the Pearlie

Wait, did they just clone the Test Track post show and Tronify it?

TrainsOfDisney

That's impressive and surprising, given that Buick is GM's biggest brand in China.
Perhaps the people that make sponsorship deals are different for each brand. So the Chevrolet sponsorship group likes and sees the value in the Disney Parks sponsorships and has a relationship with the parks.

doctornick

Perhaps the people that make sponsorship deals are different for each brand. So the Chevrolet sponsorship group likes and sees the value in the Disney Parks sponsorships and has a relationship with the parks.
And obviously it could be the idea of trying to "push" the Chevy brand more in China if they feel like Buick doesn't need the extra advertising value but there is an underserved marker for Chevy.

mkt

Premium Member
I'm in the industry (not GM), but they all work pretty much the same way. There's separate teams for each brand, for sure - but something at a large level like this would go through common approvers, and is possibly started by the same person high up in the company.

As far as China goes, it's a joint venture with a local manufacturer, so they likely have autonomy to decide differently.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They'd better record that soon. He's 92.

He's already given Disney his blessing to use AI versions of his voice for Darth Vader moving forward. I'd imagine using his voice via AI in other areas would be just as feasible/reasonable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom