Test Track refurb???

janoimagine

Ooh, good point.
Much like Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur was never actually finished (supposedly there were a lot of effects/decor built but never installed) it's a possibility that Test Track 2 will also be permanently half-finished.
Chevrolet (rather GM) wont let WDI or TDO do that. They have some pretty top level exec's traveling in from Detroit to see the opening in December. They fronted the capital on this re-fit and have high expectations, they wont let it come online if it's not what was sold to them in Warren.

ZmBe13

From everything we've seen so far it looks to be a huge improvement over the dated test track. Let's hope this is the beginning of a turning point for epcot, bringing Future World back to the FUTURE where it belongs.

GeneralKnowledge

Chevrolet (rather GM) wont let WDI or TDO do that. They have some pretty top level exec's traveling in from Detroit to see the opening in December. They fronted the capital on this re-fit and have high expectations, they wont let it come online if it's not what was sold to them in Warren.

I for one am relieved to see our bailout money go towards improving Epcot. I'm glad to see that GM is a healthy enough company to be able to spend beaucoup bucks on a theme park attraction.

DISCLAIMER: I do understand that an investment like this by GM is part of a broader marketing plan, but honestly how much added brand awareness could their Tes Track sponsorship really get them?

The Empress Lilly

This time I don't think anyone will be surprised that they have videos and screens. Anyway, we might be impressed by the implementation this time. I have no basis for that, just a hunch.
Yes! I too have had a good feeling about this one from the beginning. It just looks good, stylish. Both retro, harking back to the best of EPCOT Center and Tron, and futuristic and fresh.
Video and projection are simply theatrical means. Implement them with style and creativity and it's all good with me.

But will the budget cuts of a while back and the 'just rush it!'-attitude kill the ride? Also, the sorry canopy outside does not bode well for the creative vision of this team.

anonymous

I for one am relieved to see our bailout money go towards improving Epcot. I'm glad to see that GM is a healthy enough company to be able to spend beaucoup bucks on a theme park attraction.

DISCLAIMER: I do understand that an investment like this by GM is part of a broader marketing plan, but honestly how much added brand awareness could their Tes Track sponsorship really get them?

It's more than brand awareness.

TT will be a data mine for GM.

novawildcat18

If Test Track is ready for soft open, I'd love to see some over-the-wall photos today of the outside of the ride. They must be completely finished with that, I'm assuming.

cba

If Test Track is ready for soft open, I'd love to see some over-the-wall photos today of the outside of the ride. They must be completely finished with that, I'm assuming.
Test Track soft dates need to be announced soon since Test Track 2 officially opens on December 6th.

r-EPCOT-TEST-TRACK-large570.jpg

has this been posted yet i just found it

djkidkaz

Heard the exterior Test Track music playing today and the first thing that came to mind was that it could be used in a Rocky film. Not saying its bad, it just feels like it could be used in a Rocky montage. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom