Test Track refurb???

cupanudles

Would it be less than the cost of plywood painted day-glo blue?
Then no.

What I really miss was "The Water Engine" which is more prescient today than when the park opened.
Dig the classic better-than-Disney BRC animation and how each screen/character is animated in their own unique style.

That was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Tom Morrow

Concept art looks great. I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for soft openings!
Those costumes look horrid. What happened to tucking in a shirt?
It reminds me of the new Star Tours costume. Colors and design that match the new color schemes, but there is no theme to it. Some sort of lab coat or technician outfit would have worked better. Not having to tuck in the shirt is a huge plus for CM's operating the attraction though.

phi2134

Concept art looks great. I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for soft openings!
It reminds me of the new Star Tours costume. Colors and design that match the new color schemes, but there is no theme to it. Some sort of lab coat or technician outfit would have worked better. Not having to tuck in the shirt is a huge plus for CM's operating the attraction though.

Please no lab coats....it reminds me too much of the new Journey into Imagination

rle4lunch

My first visits to Epcot were 82 and 86, when I was 6 and 10 years old. It truly was a place of science and technoligical wonders. Now it's a dumbed down kiddie park with a talking turtle. Mission Space and SSE along with WS are the only redeeming qualities of the park now. Soarin should at least be different than the DL version, hell that's the cheapest way to make that ride unique for Florida. Maelstrom is ridiculous and just plain awful. The original TT seemed to be geared to entertain a mentally challenged 6 year old versus someone with actual intelligence (the speed test is its only redeeming value, the rest of the 'test's are just stupid). Here's hoping that they didn't dumb down TT even more and that the wonder that was Epcot can be brought back sometime before I die. I doubt it though. I am 37 now, so I don't foresee any intelletual upgrades in my lifetime.

DisneySaint

I'd be surprised ... nay, shocked ... if they were not in soft open for Thanksgiving week. The would be only M:S to drive people to Future World East and Future World West would become more of a zoo than it already is. I'm sure they are targetting for early next week.

Bairstow

Nothing like forcing an attraction to open when it isn't finished because you've killed so much of the park and its capacity that the thought of a holiday week can make you weak in those pretty knees (Erin's, of course).

Ooh, good point.
Much like Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur was never actually finished (supposedly there were a lot of effects/decor built but never installed) it's a possibility that Test Track 2 will also be permanently half-finished.

t3techcom18

Ooh, good point.
Much like Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur was never actually finished (supposedly there were a lot of effects/decor built but never installed) it's a possibility that Test Track 2 will also be permanently half-finished.

It won't be. The ride experience itself WILL be finished. IF there is anything that won't be completely finished, it will be most likely details in the postshow or small details in the queue, similar to what's happened in other heavy refurb projects like this.

For those of you thinking that this refurb was on the cheap, you couldn't be farther from the truth. As for those of you who think corners will be cut, GM/Chevy won't/didn't allow it.

djkidkaz

It won't be. The ride experience itself WILL be finished. IF there is anything that won't be completely finished, it will be most likely details in the postshow or small details in the queue, similar to what's happened in other heavy refurb projects like this.

For those of you thinking that this refurb was on the cheap, you couldn't be farther from the truth. As for those of you who think corners will be cut, GM/Chevy won't/didn't allow it.

I think its going to be great! Im glad its getting updated and I trust Disney to continue to amaze me. I hope that there was some money and time spent fixing the issues that plagued the attractions constant downtime though. Test Track was always such a risky endeavor, as you had to weigh the option of getting in the 45 minute wait line and hope that it didn't break down during that time, but much too often it did, either increasing the wait time or forcing you out of line all together.

rle4lunch

We'll see. I'll be there from 2-8 December. I'm sure they'll be a thread on it by then, but I'll definitely be adding my '2 cents' to what its really like (without the rose colored fanboy glasses on).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom