Test Track refurb???

JEANYLASER

The New Test Track Signage is coming and where is the sign for Fast pass and Single Rider and Stand By lines will be there too! And I wanted to know who will be the new host or hostess for the new Test Track!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah, GM is still billions (with a B) in debt. They didn't pay for this upgrade, the taxpayers did with bailout money.

You confuse obligations with actual operating income. In case you didn't notice.. GM is making a billion dollars a quarter. They are taking in 37 billion in revenue in a quarter.

The bailouts were used to reset the companies through radical restructuring and loan garuntees... they aren't funding ongoing activities.

rle4lunch

You confuse obligations with actual operating income. In case you didn't notice.. GM is making a billion dollars a quarter. They are taking in 37 billion in revenue in a quarter.

The bailouts were used to reset the companies through radical restructuring and loan garuntees... they aren't funding ongoing activities.

You took my post too literal, which you seem to do with everyone, I won't that dissuade me. However, you can spin your numbers anyway you like them, but until the company is actually solvent and creating more than a .3% growth per year, they'll never be able to swim out of their mess. But you can keep blowing smoke up other suckers butts in here, maybe they'll like it. Half my family work(ed) for GM, and left in the last year because of the sinking titanic situation that company is in. The stock will always and forever more might as well be junk, unless they can repay their overall debt, which they cannot do. GM=doomed

You took my post too literal, which you seem to do with everyone, I won't that dissuade me. However, you can spin your numbers anyway you like them, but until the company is actually solvent and creating more than a .3% growth per year, they'll never be able to swim out of their mess. But you can keep blowing smoke up other suckers butts in here, maybe they'll like it. Half my family work(ed) for GM, and left in the last year because of the sinking titanic situation that company is in. The stock will always and forever more might as well be junk, unless they can repay their overall debt, which they cannot do. GM=doomed

They should of done what Ford did...restructure the Union contracts and listen to the customers and go from the red to the black with no TARP funds.

rle4lunch

Proud of us for waiting until just before soft openings to steer the topic into a political conspiracy ditch.

No conspiracy, just facts. But since there isn't anything else to talk about on this subject (until more pics/details emerge), then fair game! lol.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They should of done what Ford did...restructure the Union contracts and listen to the customers and go from the red to the black with no TARP funds.

Ford just collapsed before the others in a period where it was still possible to restructure their debt. They just blew up in an environment more friendly... I don't doubt GM was in more trouble due to the size and so many misguided brands. Ford was just a heck of a lot more lucky :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
You took my post too literal, which you seem to do with everyone, I won't that dissuade me.
Well speak more factually and it won't happen. By your logic, we as tax payers are paying for everyone's salaries at GM...

You've got an ax to grind with GM obviously.

The company isn't going to stop marketing and nor should they if they intend to return the company to success. And this is brand marketing and will likely have limited amounts of direct product marketing.

Imagine if as part of nextgen... Disney used the RFID links to customer data to enable sponsors to create simple tap and go customer contact sharing. 'Want more info or special promotions? Tap here..'

rle4lunch

Well speak more factually and it won't happen. By your logic, we as tax payers are paying for everyone's salaries at GM...

You've got an ax to grind with GM obviously.

The company isn't going to stop marketing and nor should they if they intend to return the company to success. And this is brand marketing and will likely have limited amounts of direct product marketing.

Imagine if as part of nextgen... Disney used the RFID links to customer data to enable sponsors to create simple tap and go customer contact sharing. 'Want more info or special promotions? Tap here..'

No, they shoudn't stop marketing. I don't have a grind to axe with GM per se, more it's union leaders and the entitlement state the workers live in. Hence reduced quality product, ridiculous unsustainable pensions, and general lacktheof of anything resembling a profitable company.

I'll leave it at that. I wish them luck, I truly do. They need a ground up restructuring though. Something bankruptcy would've afforeded them.

Ford just collapsed before the others in a period where it was still possible to restructure their debt. They just blew up in an environment more friendly... I don't doubt GM was in more trouble due to the size and so many misguided brands. Ford was just a heck of a lot more lucky :)

They also did a lot of things right. They stood up to the unions and told them they needed to change the contract. They changed designs on cars to fit what the customer was asking. Better marketing. They did everything the right way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom