Test Track refurb???

djkidkaz

Glad they are opening this the same day as New Fantasyland, it will hopefully help ease up the crowds throughout the day as people switch parks to check out both.

mickeysbrother

Wow now i have a tough descision... Risk a soft opening on the 25 of november for my daughters b-day or just go down in december.... HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Skyway

Does anyone have any new insight on the quality of the TT renovations?

The renderings make it look like it could become a very immersive dark ride. If they add significantly more visuals and eliminate the harshly lit open warehouse, I think TT could finally live up to the potential it should have met in 1999.

WDW1974

The disney parks blog just annouced that test track is reopening on December 6.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/test-track-to-reopen-at-epcot-december-6/

Yep. That shouldn't be a surprise. Disney has scheduled another (social) media whorefest to show off the half of Fantasyland's 'expansion' that is opening the first week of December. This gives them something else to plug to the media. They'll likely officially announce MK's new parade, dates for the rest of the F-Land expansion's debut, tout the GF DVC and, more than likely, make a few smaller announcements regarding the Studios project (more on the entertainment end). When you wrap that all in a whorefest bow, it'll appear much more impressive than any of it really is on its own.

WDW1974

While I haven't been overly excited about this refurb, I guess the fact that it might be open at the same time as the new FLE is another (smallish) reason to finalize an early December trip to WDW.

And if the refurb proves to be a disappointment, I can always listen to the Radiator Springs Racers ride-through on headphones and try to imagine that it syncs up to the TT layout.
th_smile.gif

I think the best thing I can say is I honestly don't see how this refurb doesn't improve the attraction. I know 'dem is dangerous words, but really TT was damn near awful and this can only improve it, even if it won't make you forget RSRs or JTTCoTE anytime soon.

Captain Neo

Yep. That shouldn't be a surprise. Disney has scheduled another (social) media whorefest to show off the half of Fantasyland's 'expansion' that is opening the first week of December. This gives them something else to plug to the media. They'll likely officially announce MK's new parade, dates for the rest of the F-Land expansion's debut, tout the GF DVC and, more than likely, make a few smaller announcements regarding the Studios project (more on the entertainment end). When you wrap that all in a whorefest bow, it'll appear much more impressive than any of it really is on its own.

Disney has done more for WDW in the past year than they did for the entire past decade (Which isn't saying much I know) but at least they are trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom