Test Track refurb???

From what I keep hearing, with FLE, mayyyyybe. Almost sounds as if things are way ahead of schedule there that soft openings could happen faster than you think, so there's a legit possibility there.

Thanks for the info. Would much rather get into FLE than TT, my daughters would love the whole Ariel area/ride. Hopefully history holds true and they do run soft openings at the same time as the CM previews. If you hear of anything like that, could you let me know? Thanks.

RedtoGray

I just spoke with a developer from a non-Disney company that worked on the Goofy's Paint n' Playhouse for Tokyo and he said they are "working on the Test Track attraction for Orlando." This company does extreme multimedia integrations. I didn't press him on it but I assume it's for the cue area. Pretty excited!

baymenxpac

I just spoke with a developer from a non-Disney company that worked on the Goofy's Paint n' Playhouse for Tokyo and he said they are "working on the Test Track attraction for Orlando." This company does extreme multimedia integrations. I didn't press him on it but I assume it's for the cue area. Pretty excited!

very interesting. thanks for passing along the info.

i'm approaching this refurb with extremely cautious optimism. i think it can be a huge hit, but, well, ya know...

TTA94

Honestly, the only thing I care about with this refurb is that the ugly canopy structure gets taken down.

Likewise!

I can not say I am overly excited about the new TT, mainly for one reason and that is the track layout being the same. Not saying its not fun but I wished they made it longer or something :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it is behind schedule, and I highly suspect that it is, then I foresee that they will cut corners and the project will be rushed to meet the deadline rather than extending the deadline and doing it right. I certainly hope I'm wrong and it turns out great.
This very subject came up in a discussion I had with a fairly well connected Disney friend. From the way they understand it there will not be many corners that can be cut due to the contract with GM. They foresee 2 possibilities. Either it opens late or it opens incomplete.

The MaD Hatter

This very subject came up in a discussion I had with a fairly well connected Disney friend. From the way they understand it there will not be many corners that can be cut due to the contract with GM. They foresee 2 possibilities. Either it opens late or it opens incomplete.
That's good to hear. I hope their contract with GM is ironclad regarding the quality of the ride and we don't have a repeat of SSE on our hands.

mickeysbrother

I already had a soft opening for Bells cottage. And that was on september 25th. Over a month before its shedualed to open. So hopefully test track will be the same...

Kuhio

While I haven't been overly excited about this refurb, I guess the fact that it might be open at the same time as the new FLE is another (smallish) reason to finalize an early December trip to WDW.

And if the refurb proves to be a disappointment, I can always listen to the Radiator Springs Racers ride-through on headphones and try to imagine that it syncs up to the TT layout.
th_smile.gif

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, I arrive on the 9th, so I guess I'll be forced to try this. I'll admit, I've ridden TT maybe 2 times since it's inception. I've never been overly impressed, so I've stayed away (and since I used to ride World of Motion multiple times per visit, TT really grinds my gears). I'll at least give the new upgrade a shot on my upcoming trip and see if it's an improvement. At least my oldest will finally meet the height requirement, and I'm guessing she'll at least find it exciting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom