Test Track refurb???

articos

Apparently they are building a new entrance so perhaps there is still a chance. But if it was going it probably would've been one of the first things to go

While working on the pavement around the entry and the entry itself, it would make sense to leave the canopy as protection against weather while work is on-going.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Hey everyone. I'm "new" to the boards, although I have been browsing them for news and rumors for the past year. I figured I would finally get in on the fun!

When I was at EPCOT for the 30th celebration, a cast member I spoke to said there was no set date for the reopening of Test Track. That could be entirely untrue, but I thought I would pass along the info.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey everyone. I'm "new" to the boards, although I have been browsing them for news and rumors for the past year. I figured I would finally get in on the fun!

When I was at EPCOT for the 30th celebration, a cast member I spoke to said there was no set date for the reopening of Test Track. That could be entirely untrue, but I thought I would pass along the info.
There is a set date. Whether they will or will not make that date is the question.

t3techcom18

If its not an Attractions CM who works at TT, they wouldn't know. There's just nothing officially announced in terms of the public.

Test and Adjust dates/retraining returning CMs have gotten precise dates.

Test and Adjust will begin VERY soon...

As for testtrack321s comment...ummm no. They wouldn't do that. The queue is the space that needs to be finished asap and is nowhere near ready for guests to see at the moment.

Postshow, again, nope. As far as I've heard, segments of the postshow won't be finished in time for opening so that's out of the question.

janoimagine

As far as I've heard, segments of the postshow won't be finished in time for opening so that's out of the question.

Correct. A few of the prototype vehicles that are being used in the post show have not been built ... and with the Auto Show coming up, they are not exactly top priority.

NoChesterHester

Correct. A few of the prototype vehicles that are being used in the post show have not been built ... and with the Auto Show coming up, they are not exactly top priority.

Seems to be the M.O. now. Open the ride and slowly implement everything else. Dumbo opened months in advance on the queue. BTMRR queue still isn't open.

NewfieFan

If its not an Attractions CM who works at TT, they wouldn't know. There's just nothing officially announced in terms of the public.

Test and Adjust dates/retraining returning CMs have gotten precise dates.

Test and Adjust will begin VERY soon...

As for testtrack321s comment...ummm no. They wouldn't do that. The queue is the space that needs to be finished asap and is nowhere near ready for guests to see at the moment.

Postshow, again, nope. As far as I've heard, segments of the postshow won't be finished in time for opening so that's out of the question.

So, '74 over in his thread is saying TT is behind schedule. Will the ride itself still be opening in time? Is the whole thing behind schedule or just other areas, like the postshow you mention?

The MaD Hatter

If it is behind schedule, and I highly suspect that it is, then I foresee that they will cut corners and the project will be rushed to meet the deadline rather than extending the deadline and doing it right. I certainly hope I'm wrong and it turns out great.

ebof1023

so i have family going in end of November/begining of December, will it be open by then because wasnt the expected opening around Thanksgiving?

t3techcom18

So, '74 over in his thread is saying TT is behind schedule. Will the ride itself still be opening in time? Is the whole thing behind schedule or just other areas, like the postshow you mention?

It's behind schedule in terms of timeframes, yes, but not much more than they should be. The worker surge in getting more construction workers in there (ie, those who finished BTMRR went there and once bits of New FL was finished, they were shipped to TT), as well as hiring 70 electricians seems to be working very well, much more than before.

The main importance at the moment is the ride path and the queue itself, especially the ride path right now with Test and Adjust starting extremely soon. Don't be surprised if you start hearing the cars whizzing by very soon....

Like I said before in the thread: TT HAS to open by November 21st. Bad juju happens otherwise...I'm thinking you guys can fill the blank as to what that means.

If it is behind schedule, and I highly suspect that it is, then I foresee that they will cut corners and the project will be rushed to meet the deadline rather than extending the deadline and doing it right. I certainly hope I'm wrong and it turns out great.
When it comes to BTMRR and from what I'm hearing when it comes to TT's refurb is the fact that they found those buildings in much worse condition than they thought it would be originally, leading to delays and things that were cut/added on later, like BTMRR and its next gen stuff right now. As for TT being rushed...see above for what I said about the date.

As for the postshow area: I suspect probably some of it not open in time due to time restraints (because that's not where the biggest brunt of work is right now, technically speaking) but I've also heard that WDI is having some issues with the tech they want to do for some of the interactive exhibits.

t3techcom18 - ANY chance of this being in ANY sort of soft opening October 20-27? Don't laugh too hard, please. TT wasn't scheduled for this refurb when we booked out trip and moving it wasn't an option - I've been hoping for a soft opening for TT and FLE ever since, and it looks like we're missing FLE by 2 weeks or so. Any idea on TT soft openings if Test and Adjust is starting 'extremely soon'?

t3techcom18

t3techcom18 - ANY chance of this being in ANY sort of soft opening October 20-27? Don't laugh too hard, please. TT wasn't scheduled for this refurb when we booked out trip and moving it wasn't an option - I've been hoping for a soft opening for TT and FLE ever since, and it looks like we're missing FLE by 2 weeks or so. Any idea on TT soft openings if Test and Adjust is starting 'extremely soon'?

Not going to laugh at you - no such thing as a dumb question. :)

From what I keep hearing, with FLE, mayyyyybe. Almost sounds as if things are way ahead of schedule there that soft openings could happen faster than you think, so there's a legit possibility there.

TT, however, most definitely not. Soft openings, if they were to happen, are scheduled to begin mid-November.

Test and Adjust, while starting soon, is going to take a while.

themonkeyisthesultan

Not going to laugh at you - no such thing as a dumb question. :)

From what I keep hearing, with FLE, mayyyyybe. Almost sounds as if things are way ahead of schedule there that soft openings could happen faster than you think, so there's a legit possibility there.
I wouldn't get my hopes up about FLE. Those dates fall within the cast previews.

t3techcom18

I wouldn't get my hopes up about FLE. Those dates fall within the cast previews.

True, a good point. Forgot about that. However, history has shown that they sometimes intermingle soft openings when the Cast Preview hours or days are done with, maybe even before or after the period of previews as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom