Temporary Huggles

Connor002

nibblesandbits said:
*huggles* for Connor too! Why do the holidays make you feel guilty?

Uponastar said:
Question: Why do the holidays make you feel guilty?

Well, my Grossmama (German for Great-grandmom) passed away last Easter, so this will be the first Christmas without her, and this is the time of year my MomMom has suffered from depression in the past (getting close to the anniversary of my PopPop's death); but the reason I feel guilty is because I know this Christmas will not be as "extravagant' this year. I know money is much tighter than it's been before, due to my choicce of school.

nibblesandbits

Connor002 said:
Well, my Grossmama (German for Great-grandmom) passed away last Easter, so this will be the first Christmas without her, and this is the time of year my MomMom has suffered from depression in the past (getting close to the anniversary of my PopPop's death); but the reason I feel guilty is because I know this Christmas will not be as "extravagant' this year. I know money is much tighter than it's been before, due to my choicce of school.

I'm so sorry Connor...Special *huggles* :kiss:

Fantasmic!329

Original Poster
I didn't have that great of a day today, either. I have been having trouble getting to sleep the past few nights; my gym teacher freaked out at me because I didn't understand what I had to do in the game (a combo of basketball and kickball. :rolleyes: Give me a break.) Mind you, my gym teacher and I always seem to have a problem with each other. And then, my math teacher, who is usually a sweetie, freaked out at my class because we were playing a game, and a few people cheated. Very long day.

*huggles*

speck76

Fantasmic!329 said:
I didn't have that great of a day today, either. I have been having trouble getting to sleep the past few nights; my gym teacher freaked out at me because I didn't understand what I had to do in the game (a combo of basketball and kickball. :rolleyes: Give me a break.) Mind you, my gym teacher and I always seem to have a problem with each other. And then, my math teacher, who is usually a sweetie, freaked out at my class because we were playing a game, and a few people cheated. Very long day.

*huggles*

OMG the horror:eek:

Uponastar

Connor002 said:

I'm so sorry about your great-grandmom. Dealing with our older relatives as they start to fail and ultimately leave us is difficult, especially at the holidays. It's a part of life we all have to deal with and we all hate it. :(

Now! I can tell you a little something about less extravagant Christmases. Families generally go through different cycles. Some years are economically better than others. Expenses that make some years leaner (such as sending a special child to a better school :rolleyes: ) are just another part of the cycle. I bet this isn't your parents' first tight Christmas. It's just the first one you remember. And you're taking responsibility for it. You don't have to do that. Your parents made a decision that they knew was best for you. They don't regret that just because there will be less gifts under the tree! And I can tell you one more thing! Christmases with less presents are some of the nicest Christmases. They make us focus on the really important things. Like the people we're spending Christmas with.
Relax Connor, and have a Merry Christmas! :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom