Temporary Huggles

nibblesandbits

Connor002 said:
Don't be. It's not your fault.

I know...but I know what's it's like to have a Christmas without a loved one. My grandpa died last year and it was a really tough Christmas last year, so I definitely understand a little of what you're going through.

Take Dot's advice though...don't worry about it being a leaner Christmas (whether it's because of where you go to school or not), as she said, it's all about being with the ones you love and remembering the ones you love that cannot be with you any longer.

*smiles up at her grandpa* :(

Connor002

Uponastar said:
I'm so sorry about your great-grandmom. Dealing with our older relatives as they start to fail and ultimately leave us is difficult, especially at the holidays. It's a part of life we all have to deal with and we all hate it. :(

Yes, she will be missed, but it was her time. (3 years was enought for her, and she was ready.

Uponastar said:
Now! I can tell you a little something about less extravagant Christmases. Families generally go through different cycles. Some years are economically better than others. Expenses that make some years leaner (such as sending a special child to a better school :rolleyes: ) are just another part of the cycle. I bet this isn't your parents' first tight Christmas. It's just the first one you remember. And you're taking responsibility for it. You don't have to do that. Your parents made a decision that they knew was best for you. They don't regret that just because there will be less gifts under the tree! And I can tell you one more thing! Christmases with less presents are some of the nicest Christmases. They make us focus on the really important things. Like the people we're spending Christmas with.
Relax Connor, and have a Merry Christmas! :xmas:

I still feel guitly about the school thing...
I was offered a $16,000 to LaSalle, but I turned it down go to [my school, which I believe you anyway].
I don't know much about the family finances, but I know that it would have helped.:(

Uponastar

Fantasmic!329 said:
I didn't have that great of a day today, either. I have been having trouble getting to sleep the past few nights; my gym teacher freaked out at me because I didn't understand what I had to do in the game (a combo of basketball and kickball. :rolleyes: Give me a break.) Mind you, my gym teacher and I always seem to have a problem with each other. And then, my math teacher, who is usually a sweetie, freaked out at my class because we were playing a game, and a few people cheated. Very long day.

*huggles*

Gosh it seems like our huggles teens are overstressed this week! Break time is coming fast Freddy, relax! :xmas: :)

Fantasmic!329

Original Poster
Thank you Dot. School has been crazy lately. Mid-marking period reports are coming soon, and math and science are both areas of concern. I was good at science, until our teacher retired. :cry: Now the lady we have is just awful. Math has always been a sticky spot for me.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Yes, she will be missed, but it was her time. (3 years was enought for her, and she was ready.

I was offered a $16,000 to LaSalle, but I turned it down go to [my school, which I believe you anyway].
I don't know much about the family finances, but I know that it would have helped.:(

Connor! You're not listening! Of course the extra money would have helped, but you are what matters here! Your parents made your education top priority. That's what parents do! Stop feeling badly. You should be happy!

Connor002

Uponastar said:
Connor! You're not listening! Of course the extra money would have helped, but you are what matters here! Your parents made your education top priority. That's what parents do! Stop feeling badly. You should be happy!

I can't help it. :(

nibblesandbits

Connor002 said:

Look at it this way...will you really really remember what you got for Christmas in a few years anyway? Sure, you might remember a few things, but honestly you aren't going to remember everything.

So if you have a few less presents, pretend those are the ones that you can't remember. :lol: Just kidding.

What I was going to say was that if you have a few less presents, it doesn't matter because it's spending that time with your family that matters.

So don't worry about the hard times that your family is going through and concentrate on the happy things that makes the season what it is.

Merry Christmas Connor! :xmas:

Fantasmic!329

Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, Connor. But, please don't do something stupid, because you're upset. And I'm not saying something about the comical explosions here in Huggles. Please don't do anything drastic.

*huggles*

DDuckFan130

Connor002 said:
I can see where you're coming from, which is why I worked my butt off to get my Bright Futures (a Florida scholarship) scholarship and academic excellence scholarship. My parents (and I) only have to pay for books. But my parents would have paid regardless because education is their priority for us now. In the end, the hard work and the money will be very well spent and a wise investment :wave:

nibblesandbits

Fantasmic!329 said:
Thank you Dot. School has been crazy lately. Mid-marking period reports are coming soon, and math and science are both areas of concern. I was good at science, until our teacher retired. :cry: Now the lady we have is just awful. Math has always been a sticky spot for me.

I know what that's like! And those two subjects are always ones where you need a good teacher that can explain things clearly, otherwise you're screwed b/c you can't understand what the teacher's talking about.

Connor002

Fantasmic!329 said:
I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, Connor. But, please don't do something stupid, because you're upset. And I'm not saying something about the comical explosions here in Huggles. Please don't do anything drastic.

*huggles*

I wouldn't do anything drastic.

Fantasmic!329

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
I know what that's like! And those two subjects are always ones where you need a good teacher that can explain things clearly, otherwise you're screwed b/c you can't understand what the teacher's talking about.
I do have a good math teacher, I'm just not terribly good at it. :lol: But science, ugh, this woman is just awful. She doesn't teach! She goes around checking homework while we have to teach ourselves the lesson from the book.

Lil'mermaid

Very tired *huggles*

I made more cookies, worked on my term paper, and a bunch of other stuff. I might just go to bed soon. I am far too tired to work anymore.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:

You're hopeless! :lol:

One more try! Have you tried talking to your mom and dad about this? I'm sure they'll tell you to stop worrying. Really, I hate to see you miserable over Christmas because of this. It is not necessary. Bottom line, kids come first. Good parents do what's best for them. That's what your parents did. No regrets. Let it go. Or you'll give yourself an ulcer.

nibblesandbits

Fantasmic!329 said:
I do have a good math teacher, I'm just not terribly good at it. :lol: But science, ugh, this woman is just awful. She doesn't teach! She goes around checking homework while we have to teach ourselves the lesson from the book.

Yeah, that sounds like math for me back in the day. It's like, how do you expect me to learn this from the book if you don't show me in class too. I'm gonna need more than one example here.

Connor002

Uponastar said:
You're hopeless! :lol:

One more try! Have you tried talking to your mom and dad about this? I'm sure they'll tell you to stop worrying. Really, I hate to see you miserable over Christmas because of this. It is not necessary. Bottom line, kids come first. Good parents do what's best for them. That's what your parents did. No regrets. Let it go. Or you'll give yourself and ulcer.

I'm not worrying, it's just something that pops up once in a while.
I'm not misrerable, nor am I depressed, it's just something that one thinks about once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom