Temporary Huggles

robynchic

DDuckFan130 said:
Well...um guys...skip this post unless you want to be grossed out :lol:

Well, he told me I have a hormonal imbalance, with androgen being a little more than estrogen. To fix that and to get my period back, he recommended a pill called Yasmin which so happens to be the birth control pill my other doctor prescribed...I just haven't started on it yet. He said this pill is excellent for anti-androgen agents or whatever he said. He also wants to check my Cortisol levels again which means more blood :lol: He finally said I need to lose weight...DUH! He said that would help, and I told him I've never been able to lose a substantial amount of weight. So whatever, I gotta try harder I guess.

:lookaroun

Yasmin has been shown to help people lose up to 6 lbs in 6 months. And the problem with birth control is remembering to take it at the same time every day. Just remember to take it at a time you'd always do something else, and it'll become part of the routine. An alarm doesn't hurt, either.
I used to work in a pharmacy, so while I don't know a LOT about prescriptions, I have a lot of ideas on how to get you to remember to take it.

tigsmom

DDuckFan130 said:
Well...um guys...skip this post unless you want to be grossed out :lol:

Well, he told me I have a hormonal imbalance, with androgen being a little more than estrogen. To fix that and to get my period back, he recommended a pill called Yasmin which so happens to be the birth control pill my other doctor prescribed...I just haven't started on it yet. He said this pill is excellent for anti-androgen agents or whatever he said. He also wants to check my Cortisol levels again which means more blood :lol: He finally said I need to lose weight...DUH! He said that would help, and I told him I've never been able to lose a substantial amount of weight. So whatever, I gotta try harder I guess.

:lookaroun

Ok, thats a plan. The Yasmin will help with all of the problems. Cortisol levels are important because they can cause fat storage.

stranger

robynchic said:
Yasmin has been shown to help people lose up to 6 lbs in 6 months.

Yup Yasmin does help lose weight versus the one you were taking before, provera, which causes weight gain.
You know I should’ve sent you my flu for Christmas instead, Reg! :lookaroun

*huggles*

DDuckFan130

robynchic said:
Yasmin has been shown to help people lose up to 6 lbs in 6 months. And the problem with birth control is remembering to take it at the same time every day. Just remember to take it at a time you'd always do something else, and it'll become part of the routine. An alarm doesn't hurt, either.
I used to work in a pharmacy, so while I don't know a LOT about prescriptions, I have a lot of ideas on how to get you to remember to take it.
I've taken contraceptives before so I'm used to keeping it on a routine :lol:...

Mad, I was talking to my cousin for the longest time since she just took an endocrinology class :lol: Anyhoo, she told me that cortisol levels tend to be high in the morning for everyone and that's why it came out high for me since I got my blood work done in the morning while fasting. So should I just go get this blood work done later?

My cousin also tried to not step on my toes as far as losing weight goes :lol: I told her not to worry and when she comes down to Miami this weekend for Christmas, we'd go to the grocery store and work on improving my diet :lol:. And I've got ideas on exercise...I already exercise some, but I know I can do more.

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
Yup Yasmin does help lose weight versus the one you were taking before, provera, which causes weight gain.
You know I should’ve sent you my flu for Christmas instead, Reg! :lookaroun

*huggles*
Well I asked him whether I should take Provera first...he said if I have it then yes so it can clear the uterus or whatever he said since I've gotten my period after taking that pill. I dunno though...should I?

tigsmom

DDuckFan130 said:
I've taken contraceptives before so I'm used to keeping it on a routine :lol:...

Mad, I was talking to my cousin for the longest time since she just took an endocrinology class :lol: Anyhoo, she told me that cortisol levels tend to be high in the morning for everyone and that's why it came out high for me since I got my blood work done in the morning while fasting. So should I just go get this blood work done later?

My cousin also tried to not step on my toes as far as losing weight goes :lol: I told her not to worry and when she comes down to Miami this weekend for Christmas, we'd go to the grocery store and work on improving my diet :lol:. And I've got ideas on exercise...I already exercise some, but I know I can do more.

Trying it later in the day could be a way to go, but I'm not sure if you need to be fasting or not.

Your heritage does not lend itself to a low fat way of life (nor does mine) and your mom seems to be a great cook. :D

DDuckFan130

tigsmom said:
Trying it later in the day could be a way to go, but I'm not sure if you need to be fasting or not.

Your heritage does not lend itself to a low fat way of life (nor does mine) and your mom seems to be a great cook. :D
Yeah I hear you...rice...damn :lol:

But my cousin was pleased (I guess :lookaroun) that when my mom grills steak or makes marinated steak, I don't eat rice with it, which in this culture, you eat everything with rice :lol:

As far as who I can go to for a low fat way of life :lol: that would be my dad. He's had to cut down on fatty foods himself so he broils chicken and vegetables a lot...I can talk to him. My cousin also said she'd take me to the supermarket to go for a trial run at foods I should eat :lol:

nibblesandbits

imagineer boy said:
Let' see then, this makes the fifth huggle thread, am I correct? Could someone name them all?

There have only been five of these? I could have sworn there were more...although I haven't been participating in all of them, so I didn't exactly pay real close attention to them before.

Uponastar

Well, I see this thread is off to a rollicking start!

I can't believe I missed the hot chocolate after wishing, at the end of the last huggles thread, that disneymoc would roll in a cart and make some. :(

I hope everyone enjoyed it! I would have had extra whipped cream! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom