Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

goofyyukyuk

Alright everyone, we’re a little less than 48 hours away from turning in our project! I realize a lot of you have had other things going on, but we really need to see a finished product from each of you by tomorrow morning. Let me know if there’s anything you won’t be able to finish or need help with. Disneylover, when you get a chance, can you pop in here to talk about your storyline and let Orlando know whether interior or exterior needs attention? We’ve got this!

PerGron

Alright everyone, we’re a little less than 48 hours away from turning in our project! I realize a lot of you have had other things going on, but we really need to see a finished product from each of you by tomorrow morning. Let me know if there’s anything you won’t be able to finish or need help with. Disneylover, when you get a chance, can you pop in here to talk about your storyline and let Orlando know whether interior or exterior needs attention? We’ve got this!

I do need some write ups begin doing concept art as well, so if you guys could try to get them done a bit sooner that’d be even better.

In the meantime, what’s the name as I’ll draw up a logo

Disneylover152

Hey guys, so sorry this is posted much later than I expected. I really have seemed to lose the free time I once had to do these Imagineering competitions.

For the animatronic's I'm thinking many static figures with minor movements, such as what can be found in rides like Winnie the Pooh. The ride features a lot of painted flats and basic 3D elements, like classic Fantasyland rides, but with a modern update. Basically I'm picturing if Winnie the Pooh & Runaway Railway had a baby, but more along the lines of Pooh.

Here is the rough scene & storyline layout-

PROLOGUE: Here you pass under the "Jellystone Park Sign" and past a Park Ranger stationed at an office.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.56 PM.png

SCENE ONE: WELCOME TO JELLYSTONE PARK
Your Park Ranger tour guide takes you on a scenic tour guide of Jellystone Park. You pass geysers, lakes, trees, etc. You then see YOGI Bear writing writing "except Yogi" on a sign that says "Do Not Feed the Bears”. The Park Ranger tells Yogi to stop, and explains who Yogi is. The Park Ranger continues the tour by going straight when Yogi asks you if you would like to leave the tour and go with Yogi instead. You then go with Yogi on his adventure to escape.

SCENE TWO: Ranger Smith Finds Out
This is sorta like a mini-scene similar to Owl’s house in Pooh. You enter Ranger Smith’s office as Yogi told you his plan outside his office. Ranger Smith was listening through the window and decides to put an end to Yogi’s shenanigans.

SCENE THREE: YOGI’S PLAN
This is another large scene through Jellystone Park as Yogi & his other bears are trying to escape the park by building a tunnel. When Ranger Smith sees them, they make a run for it through the tunnel. *This is where the ride speeds up a little* You enter the tunnel, and on your side you see Yogi Bear digging as you travel through the tunnel (only projection in the ride).

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.47 PM.png

SCENE FOUR: Yogi’s tunnel ends up at a baseball field, where Yogi becomes a pitcher. You watch him be a great pitcher on the field, striking people out. Ranger Smith bursts out of the hole and Yogi makes a run for it.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.33.28 PM.png

SCENE FIVE: Yogi ends up outside where he sees a building is on fire. He grabs a hose and fire hat (in typical cartoon fashion), and begins to attempt to put out the fire. At this point Ranger Smith has come out, and Yogi sprays him with the hose, and hops aboard a helicopter with a ladder attached.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.32.45 PM.png

SCENE SIX: Booboo Bear is flying the helicopter before Yogi takes the flying position. Yogi realizes that Ranger Smith is climbing up the ladder, so Yogi skydives down.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.46.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.12.14 PM.png

SCENE SEVEN: Yogi skydives right into a circus tent. Rather than letting down the circus-goers, Yogi does his own tricks such as juggling, tight roping, etc. Ranger Smith now comes running in with back-up. Yogi hops on the trapeze and swings himself into

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.46.30 PM.png

SCENE EIGHT: a concert hall. Yogi performs a concert for the viewers (and your car swiftly glides through this scene as if you are dancing). BooBoo Bear then drives into the scene with a cart from the park, and Yogi bows before hoping on.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.34.32 PM.png

SCENE NINE: Yogi is driving through the town, with Ranger Smith & Backup right behind them. They drive back into the tunnel, and back in Jellystone Park where they started.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.29.28 PM.png

SCENE TEN: Final scene features Yogi, Cindy Bear & Boo Boo Bear snacking on picnic baskets they just stole. The End.

Thoughts? I'm going to type it up and put more details in later today. Again, sorry this took so long!

Outbound

The Gift Shop:

CookieMouse

The Queue: (rough draft)
The Queue will be themed to jellystone Park, and the entrance to the ride will be the entrance gate to jellystone park, albeit a bit more realistic.
72B5ED00-BF04-417C-98C8-FA75798F82B2.jpeg

The queue will wind around a forested area, and they soon reach a small waterfall.
37646195-12BD-4CD6-850B-38E340375EA1.jpeg

guests then pass by the waterfall, and into a cave. The further the guests go into the cave, the more cartoony it becomes, signaling the transition from the real world to the cartoon world. They then exit out of the cave into the show building, they are in a forested area, resembling the unique painted style of the shows backgrounds.
A23789F4-0A4D-48EE-99C3-5E7ABCA142D6.jpeg

that’s what I got so far. Anyone want to help with this? It’s a little hard, but I got the basics down.

goofyyukyuk

It sounds great! If @Disneylover152 has a map of the interior, we may have an easier time mapping out the queue and integrating the two together. It doesn’t need to be super in depth to be honest, although, if you want, do you have any ideas for in-queue games that are becoming popular on some dark rides in fantasyland?

Disneylover152

Looks great!

Good! Please, anyone, let me know if you have any suggestions! I should be available throughout the evening to read through & adapt the ride!

It sounds great! If @Disneylover152 has a map of the interior, we may have an easier time mapping out the queue and integrating the two together. It doesn’t need to be super in depth to be honest, although, if you want, do you have any ideas for in-queue games that are becoming popular on some dark rides in fantasyland?

I don't have a map of the interior, but that could be something I can do! Also, I don't know if anyone set a specific location inside of Kidzone. Kidzone is pretty outdated, and besides E.T. & Woody Woodpecker, the rest is shops, shows, restaurants or play areas.

I think we should have it replace Curious George or Barney. While the other properties in Kidzone are outdated, Barney & Curious George have both been showing it's age.

Disneylover152

The Queue: (rough draft)
The Queue will be themed to jellystone Park, and the entrance to the ride will be the entrance gate to jellystone park, albeit a bit more realistic.View attachment 475973
The queue will wind around a forested area, and they soon reach a small waterfall.
View attachment 475974
guests then pass by the waterfall, and into a cave. The further the guests go into the cave, the more cartoony it becomes, signaling the transition from the real world to the cartoon world. They then exit out of the cave into the show building, they are in a forested area, resembling the unique painted style of the shows backgrounds.
View attachment 475977
that’s what I got so far. Anyone want to help with this? It’s a little hard, but I got the basics down.

The only issue I really have with this is going from realistic to cartoon. In Kidzone, you are already pretty much in a cartoon. Fieval, Woody Woodpecker, Curious George, & Spongebob are all featured in this land. I feel like we don't need this transition from real world to cartoon because you are already sorta in a cartoon.

CookieMouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom