Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

Disneylover152

My vote is for either The Jetsons or Yogi Bear.

I do have an idea for the Yogi Bear ride. A much-needed attraction for KidzZone, this attraction is in the style of Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin as you go on an adventure with Yogi Bear through Jellystone Park. You pass by scenic wonders, as well as scenes with Yogi Bear stealing picnic packets and running away from Ranger Smith. Pretty much you get dropped into the middle of a Yogi Bear cartoon. I think this could be a really cool concept and unique addition to Universal Studios Florida park, a park with way too many simulators. A nice full practical effects family-friendly dark ride.

While I see strong potential for the Jetsons, I don't yet have an idea for it, thinking a scenic ride through the world of the Jetsons with no real plot, maybe a similar ride system to ET where you ride a Jetpack. I Will post if I get a better idea.

goofyyukyuk

My vote is for either The Jetsons or Yogi Bear.

I do have an idea for the Yogi Bear ride. A much-needed attraction for KidzZone, this attraction is in the style of Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin as you go on an adventure with Yogi Bear through Jellystone Park. You pass by scenic wonders, as well as scenes with Yogi Bear stealing picnic packets and running away from Ranger Smith. Pretty much you get dropped into the middle of a Yogi Bear cartoon. I think this could be a really cool concept and unique addition to Universal Studios Florida park, a park with way too many simulators. A nice full practical effects family-friendly dark ride.

While I see strong potential for the Jetsons, I don't yet have an idea for it, thinking a scenic ride through the world of the Jetsons with no real plot, maybe a similar ride system to ET where you ride a Jetpack. I Will post if I get a better idea.
I love the Yogi idea! This is sort of what I was thinking, I just hadn’t fully fleshed out the idea yet.

Outbound

Apparently we can earn biased Tiki points if we choose Courage.

Awesome! So we’ve got a day to figure out a storyline for our Yogi dark ride... if anybody has more ideas, and if @Disneylover152 wants to elaborate on the ideas already put forward, I’d love to hear it!

But in all seriousness I think the dark ride should end with a gift shop selling Yogi themed merchandise. I would love to focus on something smaller this round and would be willing to take up the gift shop.

goofyyukyuk

Sounds good! I want to have a storyline nailed down before all the jobs are distributed, but you’ve earned your selection for sure!

CookieMouse

Sounds good! I want to have a storyline nailed down before all the jobs are distributed, but you’ve earned your selection for sure!
I know a bit about yogi bear. I saw the god awful live action movie once, and I know the main premise is that he likes picanic baskets. I know boo boo, yogi, and the ranger guy, but that’s just surface knowledge. Maybe the vehicles could be something boo boo made to get picnic baskets for yogi, by using humans to get them for him. He seems like the genius type to me.

goofyyukyuk

Off the top of my head, I think we need one person for:
-Exterior
- Vehicle
-Queue
-Gift Shop
-Interior of ride (though this will mostly be concept art of a story we decide to roll with and could belong to two people)
-Presentation

I can go ahead and take the presentation and whatever is left after everyone picks theirs, but first, we really need a story line to roll with.
The gist of Yogi Bear, like was just said, is that he lives in Jellystone Park and wants to take picnic baskets from campers, usually with Boo Boo’s help, while his girlfriend, Cindy, disapproves and Ranger Smith tries to keep Yogi from stealing baskets.
The first idea I had for a story is that guests are campers at Jellystone eating a picnic when Yogi takes their basket, leading to a chase/search for Yogi. I think it’d be cool if we could actually have a picnic basket on the ride vehicle that disappeared when Yogi was supposed to steal it and reappeared when you found him, but that’s something we can discuss later. I’d love to hear your ideas on this and, if you like it, how can we elaborate on the story, including the “why” Jellystone is at the park.

orlando678-

Hmmm itd be cool if we could somehow make it a bit more of a family thrill flume ride with dark ride elements, but by using newer technology, like switching tracks and turntables. Maybe even borrow a few elements from the initially planned version of Dudley-Do's Ripsaw Falls with the log splitting during the ride.

Disneylover152

Hmmm itd be cool if we could somehow make it a bit more of a family thrill flume ride with dark ride elements, but by using newer technology, like switching tracks and turntables. Maybe even borrow a few elements from the initially planned version of Dudley-Do's Ripsaw Falls with the log splitting during the ride.

I think that's too E-ticket. The level of this seems to be like Roger Rabbit/Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh level. Just a classic dark ride. But it's up to @TheOriginalTiki.

I'm not available atm to fully type out a fully-fleshed out idea, but I will by later in the day.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
That’s a cool idea... @TheOriginalTiki is that allowed?

At this point with that sort of tech I'm going to go ahead and leave it up to the team to determine what constitutes as an E Ticket vs. D Ticket. There's certainly D tickets out there that offer unique ride mechanics, but the realism score depends on you not going too over the top with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom