Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

Disneylover152

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.11.04 PM.png

Disneylover152

SCENE A: Here you pass under the "Jellystone Park Sign" and past a Park Ranger stationed at an office, who waves at you and warns you to watch out for Yogi Bear!

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.56 PM.png

SCENE B:
Your Park Ranger tour guide takes you on a scenic tour guide of Jellystone Park. You pass lakes, trees, and even geysers! You then see Yogi Bear writing writing "except Yogi" on a sign that says "Do Not Feed the Bears”. Yogi asks you if you would like to leave the tour and go with Yogi instead, as he goes on his greatest escape yet! As per usual for a theme park ride, the park ranger goes one way, and you go the other way.

SCENE C:
You pass through Ranger Smith’s office, as he was listening through the window. He found out about Yogi's plan and decides to put an end to Yogi’s shenanigans.

SCENE D:
In a different part of the park, you pass by a scene of Yogi Bear with a shovel showing you his plan to make a tunnel. Ranger Smith spots Yogi, and he makes a run for it. This is part of the ride is where the ride speeds up a little. Your ride vehicle also has the ability to pre-control spin from this point on, adding to the madness while also being able to direct you in the direction of the action.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.37 PM.png

SCENE E: You enter Yogi's tunnel and on your right side, you see a projection of Yogi digging the tunnel. He digs at super fast speed as you zip past and through the tunnel.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.11.47 PM.png

SCENE F:
Yogi’s tunnel ends up at a baseball field, where Yogi becomes a pitcher. As the case throughout the ride, and fitting the style of a cartoon, in each room Yogi is in a different outfit. Here he is wearing a baseball uniform. You watch him be a great pitcher on the field, striking people out. Ranger Smith bursts out of the hole and Yogi makes a run for it.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.33.28 PM.png

SCENE G: Yogi ends up outside where he sees a building is on fire. He grabs a hose and fire hat (in typical cartoon fashion), and begins to attempt to put out the fire. At this point, Ranger Smith has come out, and Yogi sprays him with the hose.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.32.45 PM.png

SCENE H: Yogi is on the street when he jumps on a ladder attached to a helicopter.

SCENE I: Another scene using projections/screens, Yogi makes it in the cockpit of the helicopter, which is flown by Booboo Bear. When Yogi realizes that Ranger Smith is hanging on the ladder, he skydives out of the helicopter and into a circus tent.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.46.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.12.14 PM.png

SCENE J: Yogi skydives right into a circus tent, and the circus-goers mistake him as apart of an act. Yogi takes advantage of this and does his own tricks such as juggling, tight roping, etc. Ranger Smith now comes running in with back-up park rangers.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.46.30 PM.png

SCENE K: Yogi hops on the trapeze and swings himself into the next scene.

SCENE L: You are now in a concert hall. As what's happened throughout the ride already, Yogi changes his costume to a fancy tuxedo.
Yogi performs a concert for the audience (and your car swiftly glides through this scene as if you are dancing). Yogi bows at the end of the song.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.34.32 PM.png

SCENE M: Boo Boo Bear stole a park ranger truck and meets Yogi outside the performance space.

SCENE N: Using a hybrid of screens as the background, and a practical sets & animatronic cart, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo Bear & Ranger Smith are driving through the town. Yogi drives back into the tunnel, and back in Jellystone Park where they started.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.29.28 PM.png

SCENE O: The final scene of the attraction is set in Jellystone Park after Yogi's long adventure, and features Yogi, Cindy Bear & Boo Boo Bear snacking on stolen picnic baskets. The last part of the ride features a cartoonish "The End".

Outbound

I've got plenty of time to make adjustments if anybody has any thoughts

Small suggestion, keep the fonts the same. There’s a jump between Times New Roman and Century Gothic.

Also I would personally not use number listings and go for a big bolder header like I tried for “merchandise” and “yogi corner” but that’s all up to personal preference. A common trend is to avoid listings and go for central margins.

Disneylover152

Another suggestion- center all the text. Centering the text psychologically makes you think it's longer than it actually is, and is easier for the eye to read.

Also, do you think we can change the background to a little lighter color?

Disneylover152

PAGE 2
- We're keeping Yogi's Jellystone Adventure? I don't care either way, but I feel like this is a little bit generic. May be too late to change it though.
- Grammar thing but attraction names should be Italicized. It also helps with organization. (Not just this page but all of them)
- Again Grammar, but there should be a period between "yogi bear" and "so without further ado". They are too separate sentences.

PAGE 3
- Maybe add a heading at the top "Location".

PAGE 4
- comma after entrance
- Capitalize Jellystone

PAGE 5
We should mention how this play area would work. "Similar to how virtual queues work for attractions similar to Dumbo, if guests choose to wait in the play area they are able to. Upon entrance to the play area, guests receive a restaurant pager that will let them explore the area while keeping their place in line." Something like that :)

PAGE 6
- "that are" instead of "which are"
- This paragraph is really well done!

PAGE 7
- Capitalize Park (my bad!)
- New descriptions are great (throughout)

PAGE 8
- add a hyphen between "projection and based" --> projection-based (again my bad!)

All I could catch! Really great work everyone! Something we should be proud of!

goofyyukyuk

@PerGronStudio do you have any more concept art? I like Yogi's Jellystone Adventure but if everybody wants to change it we can... I noticed there was actually an episode of Yogi related to great escape so I thought that would be a little odd...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom