Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

Outbound

I think the storyline can be pretty basic. Most of the ride’s excitement shouldn’t come from some epic or subversive storyline, but from the general feel and ride mechanics. The story should be what’d you expect from the cartoon.

goofyyukyuk

I agree, but at the same time, we don’t want to lose points for being overly basic... and the storyline dictates how the interior of the ride looks, so I want everyone to be able to contribute to it because we can’t really get started on anything else until we know our story. If nobody has any other ideas, we can push out choosing jobs to tomorrow because story is the most important thing in attractions.

Disneylover152

So, this is the style of the ride I have in my head. It's a classic dark ride very similar to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. My idea is that the general ride plot is similar to the episode below (Yogi trying to escape), but incorporate other iconic aspects of the show as well.

Guests board a vehicle and go on a ride through the scenic wonders that is Jellystone Park. You start off with a scene of Yogi Bear and his friends mentioning that they want to escape the park and go see the world, meanwhile Ranger Smith finds out. You follow scenes of Yogi Bear trying to escape and causing mayhem, and Ranger Smith is trying to stop him. IDK if that makes sense, I am very tired and had a long day out hiking. I would be glad to be apart of the ride portion!

goofyyukyuk

It sounds great! I think that going with a traditional dark ride format sounds best... so we may want one more person on the ride portion, and I think them and @Disneylover152 can develop the story more unless disneylover152 wants to do it without extra help. We’ve got outbound on the gift shop, I’m doing presentation.
We need:
Ride Vehicle
Exterior
Queue
Ride interior (maybe)

We’ve got the gist of the story, but I’d still like for it to be developed further so that everyone knows more about what they’re designing. Let us know what you’re wanting to do so that we can get the ball rolling! So excited to see what we come up with!

PerGron

Hey team, crazy week these next two weeks for me as the zoo is getting ready for opening so I’ll be getting way more hours.

I’ll definitely still be around, but for this round I’d like to take a smaller part So that I don’t hold you guys back if I’m not hear to brainstorm as much. If you want I can do concept art for it all, or I can write something up, but I just won’t be as present on brainstorming itself

goofyyukyuk

That’s okay! Concept art would be cool, and I’ll take whatever is left over from the others that haven’t picked their job yet.

Disneylover152

Ideally, I’d like to have everything in by Friday morning so I can work on the presentation-let me know if time will be an issue, and once @Disneylover152 has a firm story line, can you share it with us so that we can try and make everything cohesive?

Yes, I have been working on a scene by scene outline that I will be able to share with you guys by later today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom