Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

Disneylover152

Yeah, and I just meant the material used would be reminiscent of those mall Playgrounds. Those hard, shiny, plasticy looking things. It’s tacky, and I like it. Maybe there could be some kind of geyser, or fallen redwood tree kids could slide down?

Here's an idea- what if we take Curious George and adapt it to become an interactive queue space for this attraction, similar to Dumbo?

Disneylover152

Also I would want to expand the Barney building, maybe just a little bit.

Oh yes, I'm planning on demoing the building and rebuilding a new show building the same size as ET & Cat in the Hat.

Here's an idea- what if we take Curious George and adapt it to become an interactive queue space for this attraction, similar to Dumbo?

So, here's my update-
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 8.49.23 PM.png

Yellow is Curious George, Purple is the Barney area (queue, building & shop)

This is what I'm proposing. If we like it, cool, if not, we can ditch this and start something new.
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 8.49.30 PM.png

You enter here(1), which is on the pathway leading down to Woody Woodpecker. Reusing parts of the Barney queue, we have one queue for Express and another one for the queue. The queue (2) winds through Jellystone Park before making its way down to the play area (3), formerly Curious George. The play area works very similar to Dumbo where you get a restaurant pager and the kids, and adults, can wander throughout and play. When their pager goes off, they go inside the main show building (4), which is the same size as E.T. and a tiny bit bigger than Cat in a Hat. I just used those buildings as a reference, later tonight when I go write the ride-through more I will find a more accurate size. You exit the ride through the gift shop (5) which is the same building as Barney.

Thoughts? Also final thoughts on the ride I mentioned before? I want to make sure we all like it before moving further with it.

CookieMouse

The Queue:
The Queue will be themed to jellystone Park, and the entrance to the ride will be the entrance gate to jellystone park.
2113B85E-4D50-4787-8128-BB243E6C7A24.jpeg

The queue will wind around a forested area, and they soon reach a small waterfall, though this will look much more cartoony than the reference image.
3D1E712D-C952-45AF-8BEB-AD658D69FBD4.jpeg

guests then pass by the waterfall, and into a play area, reusing the previous curious George play place, themed to a forested area. There is a slide, themed to look like a fallen tree, and also a ball shooting arena themed to a treehouse. There are also some jumping fountains themed to geysers.
F37813F9-B605-422C-9898-739070646482.jpeg

after that, you wind back through the forest, and then go into a cave. After some switch backs, you finally arrive at the loading station, themed to a cavern. There are also some musical stalactites, with rainbow colored lighting. By musical I mean they drip water.

Last edited:

orlando678-

I just wrote up a description of what I had in mind. Let me know if it needs some changes or more explanation!

Jellystone Park is inspired by American national nature reserves and parks and an almost direct reference to Yellowstone National Park, set in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Amongst conifers, quaking aspen and cottonwood trees lies a quaint yet large and proud wooden lodge, reminiscent of the many wilderness lodges in national parks, like the Yellowstone's very own Old Faithful Inn, yet a bit more "cartoon-ified"; so more roundish and a brighter color scheme. The building will serve just like many Fantasyland Dark Rides as a loose teaser to the ride's story and theme. Instead of focusing on actual in-story locations, the lodge is supposed to represent the atmosphere and tone of the ride and its story. Once Guests have boarded their vehicles, they will actually travel into the Yogi Bear franchise and its world, in terms of style and theming. The Central House section of the building is a tall gabled log structure housing the interior queue and loading dock. Above the entrance a sign with the ride's title and static figures of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo mark the buildings facade. The milled lumber framing is supported by twisted and curved branches, giving the building a strong rustic air. The building is topped by shangled roofs which are accented by shed and gabled dormers. The building is anchored to the ground by a rhyolite foundation that extends to the first floor window sills.

CookieMouse

The Queue:
The Queue will be themed to jellystone Park, and the entrance to the ride will be the entrance gate to jellystone park.
View attachment 476078
The queue will wind around a forested area, and they soon reach a small waterfall, though this will look much more cartoony than the reference image.
View attachment 476079
guests then pass by the waterfall, and into a play area, reusing the previous curious George play place, themed to a forested area. There is a slide, themed to look like a fallen tree, and also a ball shooting arena themed to a treehouse. There are also some jumping fountains themed to geysers.
View attachment 476080
after that, you wind back through the forest, and then go into a cave. After some switch backs, you finally arrive at the loading station, themed to a cavern. There are also some musical stalactites, with rainbow colored lighting. By musical I mean they drip water.

Outbound

@goofyyukyukyuk17 , what are your thoughts for the presentation? I don’t think it needs to be anything complicated. Honestly even a forum post would work: this is a fairly simple prompt. But I’m interested to hear your ideas.

goofyyukyuk

I wasn’t gonna do anything complicated, probably just a google doc or something close to that... like you said, this is a smaller project that doesn’t need to be over complicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom