TEA/AECOM 2013 Report

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Let me start by saying it is possible that some people love and get more enjoyment from Universal than they do from Walt Disney World. However it is also possible that some people get more enjoyment from Walt Disney World and love it. Is either person wrong? NO. People have their own opinions and views.

My wife and I don't like most roller coasters. We like family ones but not the large ones like they have at Great Adventure in Jackson NJ. However we do love the safari in Jackson and the lion cubs you get see just a couple of feet away from you. We actually like the Six Flags Great Adventure Safari better than AK because it's much bigger and includes many more animals. We still love WDW and the family rides and shows. We love Food and Wine, Flower and Garden and Disney Christmas. We will eventually get over to Universal and we think we will like Spiderman but we will not like to ride the roller coasters. Now unlike another poster here I do think Disney should probably have a large coaster or 2, but think they should build them in a 5th gate which should be aimed more towards teenagers. I do not think they belong in any of the existing gate.

Does is make a difference, I don't think so. Again I just don't get the hate. Enjoy the parks for what they have to offer.

One last thing, this thread was supposed to deal with attendance and the Disney fans are right Disney grew by 600,000 more customers than Universal. That is not putting Universal down but some of the comments in response to the attendance is to say the people who went to Disney had to be wrong and they should have gone to universal, that's just wrong. If you are in NJ go to Great Adventure and try the safari. You will enjoy it. If you are in Orlando go where you want to go. Don't listen to others and just have fun.

You seem to be implying the Uni is a "coaster park". I won't ride anything more intense the Big Thunder (and even that is pushing my limit), yet I can easily spend 2-3 days at Uni.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Again you are wrong. I am nearing 15000 post, every single one can't be right. I still say that if Legoland was not greenlit, you likely would have seen investment elsewhere. Even Steve does not have access to that sort of inside baseball.

People did claim DTD was dead after HW was shelved and suggested PI be reopened. And they also claimed Pandora was not happening. Some with qualifiers, some not.

The fact is that there are cranes all over WDW and more to come as I always said it would happen. Period. End of conversation.

I have never been able to find a post from a credible source on this board that said Pandora was not happening.

jt04

I have never been able to find a post from a credible source on this board that said Pandora was not happening.

Steve pretty much squashed the doubters on a fairly regular basis. The main claim was those made of Potter and WDI and that history was repeating itself. It was not credible but a lot of people here bought into it.

Skip

Steve pretty much squashed the doubters on a fairly regular basis. The main claim was those made of Potter and WDI and that history was repeating itself. It was not credible but a lot of people here bought into it.

Who? Who actually said that? There were talks of disagreements between Team Cameron and WDI, sure, but no one with any sense of credibility was saying Pandora would be outright canceled. No, people who just hate Avatar saying they wished the area would be canceled or that Disney would come to their senses don't count. Seriously. Provide some links to back up your claims, because I don't buy it.

WDWDad13

I don't, but the burden is on you. If someone's causing a problem, you don't blame the person who attempts to address it...

I don't feel burdened at all... and even if I did it's nothing a boat ride and a drink at DTD won't fix lol

seascape

You seem to be implying the Uni is a "coaster park". I won't ride anything more intense the Big Thunder (and even that is pushing my limit), yet I can easily spend 2-3 days at Uni.
I apologize if my statement was interpreted to imply universal was a coaster park. I think six flags in NJ is but it still has something I like, the safari. I don't know all the rides at Universal and rather than just say I won't ride certain ones I thought I would mention I think I would like spiderman. I like that you can check out the rides on the Internet before going.

I think I would like some of what universal offers. However I did have a better view of Universal before coming on these boards. I will not let the negative feelings some people cause keep me from making up my own mind. I have to say if I did not feel the way I do about not letting others influence me I would consider skipping Universal because of the negative feeling I get from some of the people here.

Disneyhead'71

Who? Who actually said that? There were talks of disagreements between Team Cameron and WDI, sure, but no one with any sense of credibility was saying Pandora would be outright canceled. No, people who just hate Avatar saying they wished the area would be canceled or that Disney would come to their senses don't count. Seriously. Provide some links to back up your claims, because I don't buy it.
Well, what about all those so called "insiders" who were saying Huperion Wharf was dead. They were obviously lying and just trying to make Disney look bad. Announcing HW was obviously a brilliant smokescreen to throw off the "insiders" on the real Disney Springs plan. TDO had planned all along to let 1/3 of DTD sit ply boarded up for 8 years. The entire plan is genius. And only a UniTard would fail to see the blinding brilliance.

jt04

The project was announced by Iger in 2011. The oldest thread in the Pandora forum is spring of 2012. There was a full year of discussion about the viability of the project. That is until it was announced in the NY Times. I have no intention of wading through that year-long debate. But if you are really interested you will search out the answers yourself. Unless you want to compensate me for doing your work for you. Doubt you have the means.

jt04

Well, what about all those so called "insiders" who were saying Huperion Wharf was dead. They were obviously lying and just trying to make Disney look bad. Announcing HW was obviously a brilliant smokescreen to throw off the "insiders" on the real Disney Springs plan. TDO had planned all along to let 1/3 of DTD sit ply boarded up for 8 years. The entire plan is genius. And only a UniTard would fail to see the blinding brilliance.

Probably the same people who told us Uni's third gate announcement was near. A long time ago.

doctornick

Indeed.

I will say, however, that even a lot of the "calm" rides at Uni have a decent amount of movement to them and many have 3D films which are poorly tolerated by some. As such, people who go to Disney for the "slow moving ride" type where you enjoy the story/songs/humor/etc might not find Uni as appealing (my dad falls into this category and he was okay with Uni when he went last year, but not terribly inclined to go back). The Hogwarts Express should help with this, though.

I think WDW has more universal appeal for that reason -- most everyone can tolerate and enjoy a lot of WDW rides. Now they may not be someone's cup of tea, but if you take a diverse group, you can probably find something at WDW that any one individual would find cool. Uni still has a wide appeal (it's certainly not a Six Flags type situation), but is a bit more limited due to the height restrictions/motion/etc.. Uni also doesn't have the breadth of large spectacle shows (parades, fireworks and the like) that tend to have wide appeal that Disney has.

WDWDad13

wow... lol

Disney Springs is going to be great....I have no doubt. Sure it takes construction but you can't have it both ways ya know (want change but don't want construction)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom