Tarzan Rocks to close?

PKD

I mentioned before "currently" they are planning to not open another show....but that can always change =) but do keep in mind, they currently have the Diamond Horseshoe Dark, the Hunchback Stage is Dark, Tomorrowland Theatre is dark, they downsized the Cinderellabration show to have about ten performers & they cut back on the street performers on main street. WDW Ent is really starting to lack.

If anyone has seen a show from Tokyo then they know there is no comparison to the shows we have here in Florida.

mkepcotmgmak

convrsboy said:
I mentioned before "currently" they are planning to not open another show....but that can always change =) but do keep in mind, they currently have the Diamond Horseshoe Dark, the Hunchback Stage is Dark, Tomorrowland Theatre is dark, they downsized the Cinderellabration show to have about ten performers & they cut back on the street performers on main street. WDW Ent is really starting to lack.

If anyone has seen a show from Tokyo then they know there is no comparison to the shows we have here in Florida.

are you talking about the band, the streetmos, the trolley show, the quartet, in regards to main street performers...

CaptainMichael

convrsboy said:

My family and I skip most of the shows and parades, so in relation to where we as guests spend our time, it makes sense. We only watch Fantasmic, Spectromagic, Illuminations, and Wishes.

speck76

STR8FAN2005 said:
Yeah, they haven't been replaced because the existing shows are based on the best films that Disney has made in the past 15 years. The rest of the films have been duds.

Why do all of the shows have to be from newer films.

DCA just opened an Aladdin show.....12 years after the movie came out, and DL just opened a Snow White show, 66 years after the show came out. Cinderellabration is about to start, only 45 years after that film was made.

CaptainMichael

speck76 said:
Why do all of the shows have to be from newer films.

DCA just opened an Aladdin show.....12 years after the movie came out, and DL just opened a Snow White show, 66 years after the show came out. Cinderellabration is about to start, only 45 years after that film was made.

They don't have to be newer films. I'd love to see older films get some attention because they rock!!!! I don't know where an Aladdin show or Snow White show could go because they are both already represented in the Magic Kingdom. Cinderellabration is just replacing an old Cinderella show. Maybe they could change shows to a different version like they are doing with Cinderella!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree with speck, Barnum and others who enjoy the difference of the show, and being one of the few with live music. Being more of a pit person than Barnum, I really enjoy the live music aspect. The show is fun, high energy, and has some novel components. My kids have always enjoyed the movement and energy...and getting to see a "rock concert".

Don't know what they'd replace it with to link with Dinoland....
Power Rangers Dino Thunder :lookaroun :zipit:

Invero

TravisMT81 said:
puhlease you are just like me and will miss the the bare chested man LOL!
Actually, I never really liked Tarzan. The dancer in the blue outfit was more to my liking.

Hank Scorpio

Tarzan rocks did indeed Rock. My fiance didnt want to see the show but I talked her into it as we had done most of AK that day. So we went along and she loved it.

I dont go to Disney theme parks to see a broadway style epic theatrical preduction so I am not looking for it when i do stop by to see a show. Some of you on these boards expect so much... lighten up! Take it for what it is. It's theme park, and still one of the best theme parks in the business.

KevinPage

Good lord, let's hope they close this show. I don't think Disney can afford to keep this theatre shut down, so they must have something in the works (or at least one would think).

:D

KevinPage

TravisMT81 said:
puhlease you are just like me and will miss the the bare chested man LOL!

Travis,

You are scaring me, Golden Girls quotes, bare chested men posts. :lookaroun
:lookaroun :lookaroun

barnum42

KevinPage said:
I don't think Disney can afford to keep this theatre shut down
With all the cutbacks, management may be thinking that they can afford to keep the theatre shut. They won't have to pay for cast, crew, front of house CMs or upkeep of equipment and set.

I like the show, it grew quickly on me, but I'd welcome a new show. It would be be nice to have another show with live music that is not just a watered down version of a film. Hunchback IMHO is the only one that made a really good job of condensing a film to stage.

nicholas

barnum42 said:
Invero & Nicholas - see if you can spot your faves in my collection of Tarzan Rocks photos:
http://joechester.fotopic.net/c319745.html
Though I think you will find my tastes lie at the opposite end of the spectrum and may be reflected a bit in the photos ;)
LMAO! We beat ya to it! We searched through those last night looking! HAHAHA! We were able to find the costumes, but not the right people in them :(

Mine has since moved to FOLK, and I wasn't able to find him in those pics either.

barnum42

nicholas said:
LMAO! We beat ya to it! We searched through those last night looking! HAHAHA! We were able to find the costumes, but not the right people in them :(

Mine has since moved to FOLK, and I wasn't able to find him in those pics either.
I have a video of Tarzan Rocks that I'm edititing. I made an edit last year before my visit in September, so I now want to include the additional footage I took then. So they may be in there, just not in as high a resolution.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
KevinPage said:
Good lord, let's hope they close this show. I don't think Disney can afford to keep this theatre shut down, so they must have something in the works (or at least one would think).

:D

Yes, Kevin, like they have for 20K, WoL, Odessy and half of MGM :rolleyes:

And for those that have wished for the DL Snow White show, now that is horrid! :( There are Disney shows that I have loved, liked, felt like ehh, not for me, but that one is a travesty.

Legacy

barnum42 said:
I have a video of Tarzan Rocks that I'm edititing. I made an edit last year before my visit in September, so I now want to include the additional footage I took then. So they may be in there, just not in as high a resolution.
Let me know when you get it done. I would love to download that.

wannabeBelle

barnum42 said:
Any shot of getting this to Steve to put up on the site?? Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom