Swine Flu unConfirmed in Orland/Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toystory 3

This is getting crazy!!! Are we going to get masks for walking through Epcot?? Its still sad that people are dieing from the flu....

girlface

Oh yeah, I remember those days, "OMG biRdFlEW!!!1 WeRE AlL GOiG to DIE!!!!!!!!!"

*NOTHING HAPPENED* :lol:

To be fair at least there telling us whats happening and what could happen...FOR ONCE!

+ Bird flu coudnt pass from human to human anyways.

Besides,i think it will die down in a couple of weeks...or days!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is getting crazy!!! Are we going to get masks for walking through Epcot?? Its still sad that people are dieing from the flu....
biosuite.jpg

We are all suited up mom! Can we go to the parks now?

bgraham34

Original Poster
I wonder if someone just wanted to write this article to freak people out in Disney or who are going to be traveling to Disney. I mean its confirmed, its not confirmed.

GrumpyFan

Geez, talk about some crappy reporting! Have they ever heard of fact checking and confirming their sources? I guess not!

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu, however Florida Hospital is denying the claim, which was made by one of their own officers in an email.

So, it's confirmed, even though the Hospital is publicly denying it? I'm confused...

durangojim

No cases of swine flu have been confirmed in central Florida. There are hourly updates given by the CDC and nothing in 45 states of the US have been confirmed. This doesn't mean things won't change. We are all likely going to hear about a "confirmed" case in our own home state tonight on the news, but until the CDC says it's so, it isn't so and there is no need to panic.

WDW1974

It's amazing what an era of living in fear we're in. ... Not one person has died of this illness in the USA. Yet you'd think we have a new plague. ... Of course if people are foamed up over piggy flu then they can ignore what is going down in Detroit with GM and Chrysler ... or the economy in general ... or even the Taliban taking over in Pakistan.

Another thing to fear, no thanks, I'll pass.

But I will say that I think the time has come for Disney to be more proactive about hygiene among its guests. They should, for example, have mandatory hand sanitizers at buffets and fixing bars much like on cruise lines to prevent Norwalk. They should also keep diaper dandies out of resort swimming pools.

What is common sense hygiene practices for some of us, aren't for vast numbers of people. (just look at the 'directions' on handwashing at WDW restrooms) ... That's why simple 'bugs' pass. I think this was the first year in a decade I managed to avoid any illness during flu season.

People are animals, but they don't have to act the part. If they didn't, all sorts of illness would be cut down.

Remember that the next time you're in a restroom and you inevitably see someone NOT wash their hands.

smk

http://www.wftv.com/news/19311020/detail.html

Swine Flu Case Confirmed In Orlando
Posted: 10:41 am EDT April 28, 2009
Updated: 11:04 am EDT April 28, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu. According to the chief medical officer for Adventist Health System, Loran Hauck, the case was diagnosed Tuesday morning.
"A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit," Hauck wrote in an email obtained by Eyewitness News.
No further details have been released, but Eyewitness News is working to learn specifically what days the tourist was at the parks and which park the tourist went to.
Details about the tourist, beyond being from Mexico, have not been released.
We have a confirmed case in Northern Indiana and the kid who (has recovered) has never been to Mexico nor has any ties to Mexico. We all need to stop associating the flu with Mexico and realize it is everywhere, wash your hands, cover your coughs and go about your daily life.

hardcard

We have a confirmed case in Northern Indiana and the kid who (has recovered) has never been to Mexico nor has any ties to Mexico. We all need to stop associating the flu with Mexico and realize it is everywhere, wash your hands, cover your coughs and go about your daily life.

it's NOT everywhere, and it DID originate in Mexico..

GMan123

That's funny, CDC says there aren't any confirmed cases in Indiana. Just because someone coughs doesn't make it the swine flu! :brick:

RiversideBunny

You can wash your hands.

Then later you touch door knobs, elevator buttons, turn sty finger scans, counters, railings for attraction and food lines, armrests on ride seats, guns on Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Midway Mania, fast pass machines, condiment containers, characters, faucet handles, seat belt buckles, escalator rails, monrail poles, straw dispensers, money, trays, plush toys, and the ever popular ride vehicle restraints.

3D glasses should be OK since they are reportedly washed after each use.

:)

durangojim

You can wash your hands.

Then later you touch door knobs, elevator buttons, turn sty finger scans, counters, railings for attraction and food lines, armrests on ride seats, guns on Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Midway Mania, fast pass machines, condiment containers, characters, faucet handles, seat belt buckles, escalator rails, monrail poles, straw dispensers, money, trays, plush toys, and the ever popular ride vehicle restraints.

3D glasses should be OK since they are reportedly washed after each use.

:)

Actually your hands can be as dirty as you want, just don't put them in your mouth or around any other mucous membranes. The biggest problem with all of this will be young kids. I suggest you douse their hands in tobasco that way they'll only put their hands to their faces once and never again will make the same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom