Swine Flu unConfirmed in Orland/Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

What is the solution for those people? Surely if this situation does become severe something will be set up to help these people. Any idea of what would happen? There are so many unemployed people right now because of the economy...

Yep.. and that's exactly why your friends in the medical field are deathly afraid of this thing... Not because it is going to be a wide spread epidemic like AIDS, but because the media is going to turn Americans into nervous bunnies who think because they sneeze or cough they have Swine Flu.... Doctors, hospitals, clinics are going to be over run with people, and i venture to say majority WON'T have health insurance.. So, your friends are deathly afraid of not getting PAID to treat these individuals who WILL NOT have this flu... Nothing against your friends, please don't think I meant anything bad...

kadesha

Yep.. and that's exactly why your friends in the medical field are deathly afraid of this thing... Not because it is going to be a wide spread epidemic like AIDS, but because the media is going to turn Americans into nervous bunnies who think because they sneeze or cough they have Swine Flu.... Doctors, hospitals, clinics are going to be over run with people, and i venture to say majority WON'T have health insurance.. So, your friends are deathly afraid of not getting PAID to treat these individuals who WILL NOT have this flu... Nothing against your friends, please don't think I meant anything bad...

No, that is a valid concern. I'm sure that being in the healthcare field that are concerned about the possibility of this not having a good outcome because they have never seen anything like this, but I didn't really think about the effect it could have on the economy. What a horrible time for something like this to happen. I agree that people will be running to the doctor for every sniffle now. It'd be great if they could offer some discounts for the uninsured. I know some of the larger cities have free clinics but those aren't available to everyone. :shrug:

jsdratm

You can't feasibly check everyone getting off a plane for the virus. Maybe if they were showing symptoms like a fever you could spot them, but this guy might not even have been showing any and was simply harboring the virus until it took a foothold a few days later and finally started showing symptoms. There is no way to know 100% sure if anyone is carrying the virus at some stage of infection since it could be anywhere in the body. If you have a virus in you, you won't know until it multiplies sufficiently to warrant a major immune system reaction.

JEANYLASER

thanks for the info! OH! one more thing the swine Flu On Cnn they said that disney is closing the parks from Swine Flu it is true or rumor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom