Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Shaman

Ugh...
As I said months ago in another thread, it was a matter of "when" not "if" the name changed.
Didn't see that name coming, but I understand it.
It leaves room to include Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Muppets, etc....but still....awkward.:shrug:

Maybe that had something to do with the name they went with...any chance Lucas wouldn't like to have his stuff (maybe a grander version down the line) in a park called "The Disney Studios"? Perhaps, that was a factor in the Potter talks...or it is something they want to avoid in the future during negotiations for the rights of some other franchise or creative work.

I agree with you...it is awkward....still, I think its a good one.

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
EPCOT....:eek: (I don't think I could call it Epcot Center after getting use to just Epcot)

:lol:

I'm happy there's no more MGM...:sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Eww... Hollywood Studios??.... ewww.

I mean... Orlando is 2,514 miles away from Hollywood... and its not even a functional studio. Ugh... whatever. I will still call it mgm.

WIX

DHS, I like it. When we visited DLP we noticed their studios were simply Disney Studios. Ever since then my husband and I just called WDW's version Studios as well. I like DHS it has a certain ring to it . . . all fully spelled out, not so easy off of the tongue.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well looks like you better go get some D/MGM Merchandise to collect soon before it's in yesterland...This makes me think of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot at DCA..And hollywood Pictures is a Disney Affiliate so it fits in my book...

jt04

Maybe that had something to do with the name they went with...any chance Lucas wouldn't like to have his stuff (maybe a grander version down the line) in a park called "The Disney Studios"? Perhaps, that was a factor in the Potter talks...or it is something they want to avoid in the future during negotiations for the rights of some other franchise or creative work.

I agree with you...it is awkward....still, I think its a good one.

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
EPCOT....:eek: (I don't think I could call it Epcot Center after getting use to just Epcot)

:lol:

I'm happy there's no more MGM...:sohappy:

I think you nailed it. The name allows other entities to be brought in (Lucas, Narnia(?), Pixar) and still only be under the Disney name. The name makes perfect sense. The strength of it is that it is generic actually. IMHO:cool:

nibblesandbits

I like it. I think it's much better than Disney-Pixar studios as it can still then encompass so many different facets still.

Of course, I'll still probably call it MGM for years...but I do like the new name.

bluefaery

why not call it just disney studios, i dont see why the need to add hollywood into it.

its in florida after all :)

If I remember correctly there is a a real working studio called disney studios and it is in France, that's probably why they added the hollywood to it. :shrug:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
For those of you wondering why it would be named 'Hollywood' Studios when it's not in Hollywood, try thinking of it as a tribute to Hollywood. Think of it as a place where you step inside to see Disney's tribute to Hollywood because you're in FL and are soooo far from Hollywood that you may never get there, so Disney's bringing Hollywood to you! :D

Slowjack

What about just Disney's Hollywood? It doesn't pretend to be a working studio any more, and I think it rolls off the tongue better without the "Studios."

uklad79

I wonder what kind of cheesy new logo will come with the new name? Lot's of things to change over in the next 6 months from signs all around the park, printed materials, road signs, merchandise, some cast uniforms, and much more. I wonder when they will start changing things over as this can not be done overnight and will need a start date at which time they will start to introduce the new name.

Peterwhite171

Do you think we are going to be hearing more about future expansion in January once the name comes into force? I know they are spinning the "most new attractions in the park for 18 years" but all but one are shows and hardly exciting additions. Even with Toy Story Midway Mania we are getting a clone of a ride that can be found on the west coast.

Does management think that these new additions and a name change is enough to bring studios back from the edge?

dxwwf3

I'm in the "not quite sure about the Hollywood part, but I still like the name" camp. I think the perfect name really is Disney-MGM Studios, but this will do. I doubt you'll ever hear the Hollywood part much really and you'll just see "Studios". Maybe I can get used to saying Studios instead of MGM over time. Overall, I am a little surprised about the Hollywood part, but I'm not dead set against it either.

culturenthrills

All of those creative minds at Disney and this is what they come up with. This has to be the lamest name I have ever heard. Disney's Hollywood Studios is just awful. It has no ring to it and is awkward. I could understand it if this was the name of a third park to be built in Anaheim but come on. Disney Studios Orlando, Disney Studios Florida or Disney Studios USA makes more sense than this name. A lame name for what is right now the lamest park at WDW.

DisneyDellsDude

Ok. Finished reading. I like the name. Since Animal Kingdom is really Disney's Animal Kingdom, do you think that people will just call the Studios park Hollywood Studios?

I like that. And yes, I believe it's better than Disney-Pixar Studios.:animwink:
Now that park can find some sort of theme!

(Edit: 1000 post!!:))
Finally!

Jessie&Buzz

I like the new name. I think it reflects what the park was meant to be. I can't wait to see what the future holds for it.

Oh and my dd was excited to hear about the new HSM show. She didn't like the pep rally even though she loves the movie.

Texas84

Lame. Very lame. We already call it Disney Studios or The Studios for short. The new name makes me think of Hollywood, FL. :hurl:

Lee

Adventurer
If I remember correctly there is a a real working studio called disney studios and it is in France, that's probably why they added the hollywood to it. :shrug:

Nope.
Disney Studios Paris is a theme park, nothing working about it.

The "Hollywood" in the name just provides an umbrella for including the work of other studios.

What about just Disney's Hollywood...

Yep. I like that better, myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom