Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

psuchad

We might be missing something with the name change. Maybe this means that the Chinese Theater will be the icon again and the hat will come down.

I am not a hat hater so I really don't care, but there has to be a direct, marketing reason for the change to Hollywood. There has to be a direct Hollywood tie-in. A studio is a studio but this is now a "Hollywood" studio.

shoppingnut

Hmmm... So Disney *is* in cahoots with the Department of Homeland Security after all.... :animwink:

If they were going to drop the MGM, I think it should have just been "Disney Studios", or perhaps Disney Studios Florida.

Think we'll get people driving around California wondering where the Disney Hollywood Studios are?

-Rob

Ah hah, knew it, they are planning on moving the missles out of cinderella's castle and put them under the hat :ROFLOL: .

Dizknee_Phreek

We might be missing something with the name change. Maybe this means that the Chinese Theater will be the icon again and the hat will come down.

I am not a hat hater so I really don't care, but there has to be a direct, marketing reason for the change to Hollywood. There has to be a direct Hollywood tie-in. A studio is a studio but this is now a "Hollywood" studio.

Hmm...good point. Wouldn't have thought of that. My initial reaction was "what a mouth full! Why didn't they just change it to The Disney Studios like previously rumored?" BUT you're right...there could be a specific reason for the "Hollywood" part. Now I'm intrigued. Although I'll probably always call it MGM just cause it's shorter and out of habit. Just like I still call Port Orleans Riverside "Dixie Landings".

Horizons1

Celebrating today's Hollywood. Doesn't today's Hollywood...stink? Ah well, it's still MGM in my book.

In other news, BPB coming to MGM sounds perdy cool.

disneydudette

It's too... "universal-ly" to me.. does that make sense? I think I would have been a-ok with just: Disney Studios, but the whole "hollywood" thing is throwing me off completely!

Universal Studios Orlando
Disney Hollywood Studios
Universal Studios Hollywood

Now I have to admitt, that with the attractions/shows they have in there: RRC, ToT, Great Movie Ride, etc... the new name is very fitting; probably more fitting then MGM ever was.

I have to say that it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as well as I would have liked either.

psuchad

<-- Looks at Steve and wispers.
"Don't you know people here don't like multiple posts. They are gonna get you banned.":lookaroun

DisneyGigi

Wow.... this will our last trip with the MGM then, it will take some getting used to I am sure I will still call it MGM out of habit.

DisneyJill

If memory serves (and in my old age, it's possible it doesn't) but when I was a CM, we tended to call it "The Studios" rather than "MGM" for a shortcut. Maybe that's what people will go with now. :shrug:

MrBug

Pffff. Remember back in the cheesy 80's when every other cheesy sub-B movie had a cheesy cop character that liked to be called "Hollywood"? Ptooey, gonna change my name to MrHollywoodBug. Just call me Hollywood.:veryconfu

Gorjus

The Chinese Theater CANNOT be the park icon. There are copyright and legal issues with having Disney make money off images of the Theater and since there are photopass photographers all up and down Hollywood Blvd, it can't be the theater.

However, I can see taking down the hat and putting up a forced perspective of the Hollywood sign that is in California. Do it much like the New York and San Francisco Streets. It would make a great photo backdrop.

Just so you know, it was my idea:cool: Oh wait, Disney owns all my ideas:hammer: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom