Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

goofyfan13

Cannot comment on Sounds Dangerous, but, Stitch isn't complete crap..... Not their best, and could be a ton better, but I wouldn't call it complete crap....

Personally, I can't stand either attraction. However, I do tend to over-exaggerate, but regardless we can agree that they could have done much better.

Captain Chaos

Personally, I can't stand either attraction. However, I do tend to over-exaggerate, but regardless we can agree that they could have done much better.

Coming from someone who is a huge Stitch fan, they could have done a lot better.... But, you have to admit, the AA of Stitch is awesome... The story, eh, not so much.... :)

Enigma

Account Suspended
I like the name Disney's Hollywood Studios better then Disney's MGM-Studios

I agree although Disney's Hollywood without Studios at the end is better. Disney mgm was dumb because

1) there was very little MGM representation in the actual park
2) MGM lost its reputation as "maker of instant classics" when they started mass producing all kinds of lame movies in the 70s/80s it became more of a corporation banging out movies based on trends, selling their rights to others ,etc. It wasn't like Disney that actually owned alot of timeless classics.
3) At this point in time MGM is so inferior to Disney that its strange seeing the park named after them.

Peaches Magee

Same here... will always be MGM to me.

And seems Pixar is taking over here as well in the new coming attractions...
I mean I love Pixar's creations, but sometimes it's overkill... meh. :shrug:

CSUFSteve

Disney mgm was dumb because

1) there was very little MGM representation in the actual park
2) MGM lost its reputation as "maker of instant classics" when they started mass producing all kinds of lame movies in the 70s/80s it became more of a corporation banging out movies based on trends, selling their rights to others ,etc. It wasn't like Disney that actually owned alot of timeless classics.
3) At this point in time MGM is so inferior to Disney that its strange seeing the park named after them.

Yeah but the MGM reference was never supposed to be a contemporary one. MGM was the most powerful studio in the 'golden age' of Hollywood; all the big-time musicals and the biggest stars were at MGM. MGM films painted a very bright, optimistic view. It was a perfect fit for the era of Hollywood that Disney wanted the Park to symbolize. For that reason, I think MGM was a perfect fit. Problem is that the Park never really executed on that goal and it was allowed to drift and stagnate. I can't think of any other attraction besides GMR that really utilized the MGM properties. Although I think Sorcerey in the Sky used some.

Haha, and for whoever said "you can't say SGE is total crap".... well, I can :)

Yeah, I have to admit though, the Stitch A100 is awesome, that's the only redeeming quality about it. It hurts to see the pre-show A100 turned into a comical, cartoony cop. The AE pre-show was so so effective in conveying a mood, theme, and story. Aside from resenting the fact that SGE has no real tie-in to Tomorrowland, I liked AE a lot and SGE is just a weak excuse of a replacement. In my humble opinion, of course... :)

killerbunny

I will probably just call the park Hollywood Studios... I feel no desire to be rebellious and say, "I'm going to keep calling it MGM just because" quote]

I do....I'm still gonna call it MGM cause it has been my favorite park for years, and I REALLY really don't like the name "Disney's Hollywood Studios." It sounds ridiculous to me.

EDIT: Could anyone help me make this not look so ridiculous?

goofyfan13

Coming from someone who is a huge Stitch fan, they could have done a lot better.... But, you have to admit, the AA of Stitch is awesome... The story, eh, not so much.... :)

I'll agree with you there, because truthfully, Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorite Disney animated movies, and Stitch is one of my favorite characters. Part my distaste for the show is that they really could have done A LOT better, and the other part is that they removed my favorite show to build it.

And yea, I agree that the AA is awesome. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom