Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyGigi

They also confirmed the Block Party Bash parade and Disney High School Musical 2: School’s Out! YaY!

My DD will be thrilled she has watched HSM so many times I hear it in my sleep:eek: not to mention all the related items she has to have! I however am not as excited. :hammer:

Peterwhite171

Yeah, good name. Better than the others that where rumored.

Here is something to consider. Before Tokyo Disney finalized their second gate they had a pitch from Imagineering about a Studio's park. Can you guess what it was called? Yep, Disney Hollywood Studios! Let's hope we have some great attractions added in the next few years!

Passport

It's too... "universal-ly" to me.. does that make sense? I think I would have been a-ok with just: Disney Studios, but the whole "hollywood" thing is throwing me off completely!

Universal Studios Orlando
Disney Hollywood Studios
Universal Studios Hollywood

Now I have to admitt, that with the attractions/shows they have in there: RRC, ToT, Great Movie Ride, etc... the new name is very fitting; probably more fitting then MGM ever was.

I have to say that it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as well as I would have liked either.

Me too. Hollywood is in CA not Orlando.

SirNim

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I thought there were better options on the table than this. And yet... it's not that bad. Though in everyday speech it'll always be MGM to me.

A more appropriate announcement for a park name change at this point in time would have been adding the word "Center" to WDW's second theme park... :lookaroun

Jekyll_Baker

I like. I know a couple people here have mentioned "Disney Studios Florida," but that sounds way too much like "Universal Studios Florida" and there's already too many people that confuse the two.

kybred72

Better hang onto and snatch up the last of the MGM apparel and other items...they're gonna be collector's items! :D

(heading over to Ebay) :lookaroun

I agree with the poster who said it sounds too Universal like. MGM is much easier to say and remember

Bolna

I think it might be a good name to market it to international guests. It's great to visit Florida and "Hollywood" during one trip to the USA and without the hassle of crossing a whole continent.

ROEFan88

Gotta admit, did not see this news coming so soon, and I'm not sure it's a constructive change - in my opinion, the name 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' has no ring to it at all. Just calling it simply the 'Disney Studios' would have been better, if you ask me, seen as that's what marketing materials have referred to it as for so long.

But I suppose change is good, and it's only a name.:shrug:

joshwill

why not call it just disney studios, i dont see why the need to add hollywood into it.

its in florida after all :)

Pete C

I agree with Screamscape...it should have just been "Walt Disney Studios". However, the new name is not bad.

I like the name change....I think it fits more with the "Old" Hollywood type of feel the park has (well, at least the front of the park). Granted, I'll probably still call it MGM for a while, but I think at some point I'll make the switch.

EpcotServo

BOO! What happened to that article about how the name WOULDN'T be changed? Is this another case of "Mr. Toad"? (AKA They say one thing and say another a little while later.)
Sad now MGM will have the WORST park name at WDW for me.

Old list:
-EPCOT
-MGM
-Animal Kingdom
-Magic Kingdom

New List:
-EPCOT
-Animal Kingdom
-Magic Kingdom
-Hollywood Studios

Oh well. Epcot will always be Epcot Center and Hollywood Studios will always be MGM.
:cry:

Only one thing left to say...

MGM!!! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom