Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

CAPTAIN HOOK

hollywoodstudios1yg1.png

Yep - thats a great effort.

DHS seems to roll off the tongue just like MGM

Bolna

By the way that other studios park in Paris is officially called "Walt Disney Studios". So they might have wanted to avoid to have to parks with exactly the same name.

They are at the moment adding new Hollywood theming to an area of the park, including a Hollywood sign backdrop. A picture of the concept art is here: http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/upload/concept_tot_blvd1.jpg

And a nice overview of the whole placemaking project is here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/15thanniversary/hollywoodboulevard/guide/

I guess the Hollywood thing is quite popular at the moment...

Lee

Adventurer
Just popping in to say....Can we please get over the hat?:brick:

It's there for a reason. You might not agree with it, but that's the fact.

It would have no purpose near Fantasmic...or in front of the park...or in place of Crossroads...etc.

And it's not a temporary structure like the wand. It's built to be there long after the theatre behind it is gone...not saying it's going anywhere...oh, you know what I mean..:dazzle:

JPVonDrake

To better understand the reasoning for the change, here are some excerpts from the Cast message...

The Disney-MGM Studios has always been "dedicated to Hollywood, not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine."

Disney’s Hollywood Studios truly represents the best of Hollywood – from movies (Star Wars, Indiana Jones) to TV (Playhouse Disney) to music (Rock-n-Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith) to theater (Beauty and the Beast).

The Sorcerer Mickey Hat truly represents the magic of show business and the entertainment wizardry of Disney. This imaginative icon falls in line with the tradition of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

nibblesandbits

To better understand the reasoning for the change, here are some excerpts from the Cast message...

The Disney-MGM Studios has always been "dedicated to Hollywood, not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine."

Disney’s Hollywood Studios truly represents the best of Hollywood – from movies (Star Wars, Indiana Jones) to TV (Playhouse Disney) to music (Rock-n-Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith) to theater (Beauty and the Beast).

The Sorcerer Mickey Hat truly represents the magic of show business and the entertainment wizardry of Disney. This imaginative icon falls in line with the tradition of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Thanks JP! That's a really good description of why the change occured to what it was and why the hat is indeed staying!

DABIGCHEEZ

Ok so I didn't read ALL 12 pages of this thread (although I did read like 9 of them, haha), so sorry if this had been mentioned already, but if it hasn't......here you go.

What you need to remember is that the new name is not Disney-Hollywood Studios. It's Disney'(S) Hollywood Studios. Just like Animal Kingdom is actually Disney'(S) Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom is Disney'(S) Magic Kingdom. But we all call them Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, plus the signs in front of those parks also say Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. So by Disney naming this park Disney's Hollywood Studios the actual name is probably going to be Hollywood Studios. Which I find to be a fantastic and perfect name for what this park represents.

Just my 2 cents.:wave:

Here's your change (1 penny). It was only worth 1 cent!!! J/K:sohappy:

Enigma

Account Suspended
For what its worth they are going to be making some modifications to the hat soon so maybe that will improve it and make it more of an icon and less of a gimmicky eyesore. Time will tell but at least it wont be staying just the same.

Shaman

What's in a name?
A Disney park by any other name would theme as sweet.

:ROFLOL:
Ah but the new name allows for the park to be divided into...STUDIOS...

Disney's Hollywood Studios

How is it that this didn't get leaked on these boards earlier?

We all knew a name change was coming. They probably fast forwarded stuff a bit because some project go approved, or some deal is in the works for a franchise that is not Disney, and the name of the park was crucial to win the rights.

:shrug:

Just popping in to say....Can we please get over the hat?:brick:

It's there for a reason. You might not agree with it, but that's the fact.

It would have no purpose near Fantasmic...or in front of the park...or in place of Crossroads...etc.

And it's not a temporary structure like the wand. It's built to be there long after the theatre behind it is gone...not saying it's going anywhere...oh, you know what I mean..:dazzle:

I've always liked the hat. It adds to the park. The wand just seemed out of place...it wasn't terrible either, and over the years you got use to it...but I think the hat is better.

Now if only they could completely do away with the theater concept and have a building that works WITH the hat...to make an even greater centerpiece.

erasure fan1

We all knew a name change was coming. They probably fast forwarded stuff a bit because some project go approved, or some deal is in the works for a franchise that is not Disney, and the name of the park was crucial to win the rights.
Yea now we can get the Transformers ride!:lookaroun I know, Wishful thinking on my part.
EPCOT Explorer said:
It'll take about 5 years though for me to stop calling it MGM,though.
Yea I agree, and once I get myself to stop saying MGM I will probably be calling it just the studios.

Pixie_Pirate

OMG I can't believe they're getting rid of Stars and Motor Cars!!
To replace if with crap-______ Block Party Bash,
Pixar is takeing over Disney!!
If they keep it up I'll probaly never go again.

Swoosh

^Promise? That would be great as that would be one less person in front of me in line for whatever ride I'm queueing for at the moment. :ROFLOL:

Shaman

Yea now we can get the Transformers ride!:lookaroun I know, Wishful thinking on my part.

Yea I agree, and once I get myself to stop saying MGM I will probably be calling it just the studios.

Transformers...probably not. But wasn't there a rumor about Lord of the Rings? :lookaroun

OMG I can't believe they're getting rid of Stars and Motor Cars!!
To replace if with crap-______ Block Party Bash,
Pixar is takeing over Disney!!
If they keep it up I'll probaly never go again.

;)

Stars & Motor Cars is, in my opinion, the most uninspired parade I've seen at Disney World in all my years of going, and I'm staggered it's limped on for so long. Delighted to see it replaced by something else.

I hope there are lots more new things for DHS in the coming years, what's been announced so far is promising, but there's a lot still left to do to bring it back to the level of the other parks in my opinion.

erasure fan1

Transformers...probably not.
Hey I can dream cant I!:lol:
AnimalMagnetism said:
Stars & Motor Cars is, in my opinion, the most uninspired parade I've seen at Disney World in all my years of going, and I'm staggered it's limped on for so long. Delighted to see it replaced by something else.
Yea I agree, of course my wife is going to be MAD, she loves this parade and so does my daughter. I am not a huge fan of any of the parades but at least if its new it wont completely put me to sleep.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom