Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

mpaul32001

It'd be cool if we could get the electrical parade from California Adventure along with Block Party Bash, but that wouldn't fit in MGM's Theme...

ToTBellHop

and MGM already has that little show at the north end of the park every night...I'd rather have it than the electrical parade...especially with rumors that AK will receive a nighttime parade in the nearterm, we don't really need 3 nighttime parades (4 if you count the water pageant).

WDWEric

Why does everybody on these forums complain about every little thing disney does. Who cares what the park is called you dont decide to go to a park based on a name, If it has Disney in front of it I'm there. I know what I am getting and I enjoy it, PIXAR,Lucas,MGM it doesn't matter because I am entertained. So why wouldn't PIXAR and Lucas fit into a " Hollywood Theme"? All this complaing in this forum and the one about the rumored Crush's Coaster are giving me a headache:brick:

WDWEric

and MGM already has that little show at the north end of the park every night...I'd rather have it than the electrical parade...especially with rumors that AK will receive a nighttime parade in the nearterm, we don't really need 3 nighttime parades (4 if you count the water pageant).

Why not?

ToTBellHop

while I do not subscribe to the argument that the Indiana Jones Adventure could never come to WDW b/c its ride system is identical to that of Dinosaur, I do think 4 nighttime parades is very repetitious. Current nighttime offerings at all parks except AK are adequate, and I think DCA needs the electrical parade more than MGM (since that is all DCA has at night--for now), so that would leave creating an entirely new parade for MGM as the only option, which seems wholly unnecessary to me. I'd rather see that money spent on new attractions for the park while they focus on adding nighttime entertainment over at AK.

Shaman

I took it to mean "all of the Hollywood studios"...granted not all of the studios they will showcase are located in Hollywood per se, but they are in California, which as far as the average WDW vacationer is concerned, is about the same.

Exactly. LucasFilm and Pixar are part of the "hollywood" institution. They are studios...under that umbrella. It seems Disney is looking to showcase work from various hollywood studios...maybe even some of their own...like Miramax...and Touchstone...etc...

I would love to see an attraction created by M Night Shyamalan maybe based on one of his films under Disney.

Think of the "studios" sections as Epcot pavilions...:shrug:

Mind you this is just speculation, based on what is already there (and what we know is coming in the way of Pixar), coupled with the name change.

juan

While it is confirmed that the park name will become DHS, the name Pixar Studios within the park is not dead yet.

ToTBellHop

it's called Pixar Place...cuz that's a reasonable name for both a land and a street. Anyone hear Lucas Lane in the near future?

Why does everybody on these forums complain about every little thing disney does. Who cares what the park is called you dont decide to go to a park based on a name, If it has Disney in front of it I'm there. I know what I am getting and I enjoy it, PIXAR,Lucas,MGM it doesn't matter because I am entertained. So why wouldn't PIXAR and Lucas fit into a " Hollywood Theme"? All this complaing in this forum and the one about the rumored Crush's Coaster are giving me a headache:brick:
Now hold on there. I am not complaining about the name change at all. I welcome it. I just didn't see how Pixar and Lucas fit under the Hollywood Boulevard/Sunset Boulevard theme. I agree with you on the fact the name doesn't really have anything to do with your park experience though.

Exactly. LucasFilm and Pixar are part of the "hollywood" institution. They are studios...under that umbrella. It seems Disney is looking to showcase work from various hollywood studios...maybe even some of their own...like Miramax...and Touchstone...etc...

I would love to see an attraction created by M Night Shyamalan maybe based on one of his films under Disney.

Think of the "studios" sections as Epcot pavilions...:shrug:

Mind you this is just speculation, based on what is already there (and what we know is coming in the way of Pixar), coupled with the name change.
Okay, now that you put it that way it makes perfect since. Have each section themed to a different studio per say. So it is Disney's collection of different Hollywood Studios in one park shortened to DHS.

dancin_in_epcot

Hollywood studios sounds more mature, but it's going to take a long time to get the fans to stop calling it MGM..I personally preffer MGM, it's easier to remember, hollywood studios doesn't sound Disney-y to me though.:hurl:

Pixie_Pirate

^Promise? That would be great as that would be one less person in front of me in line for whatever ride I'm queueing for at the moment. :ROFLOL:

Sorry to ruin your excitment but i highly doubt it lol.
But pixar does get on my nervs.
Sorry I guess your gonna have to deal with waiting for one more person + who ever comes with me. :p

Pixie_Pirate

I haven't seen Block Party Bash in person, but I've seen footage, and it looks very energetic and lively.

In comparison to Disney Stars and Motor Cars, which is almost void of any real movement. The crowd never gets into it, and there is very little interaction between the characters and crowd. Just car after car going by slowly with the characters sitting there waving.

That's true, I hope it is good tho.
But whatever it's disney.
Nothing can be compelte crap.

comics101

Hollywood studios sounds more mature, but it's going to take a long time to get the fans to stop calling it MGM..I personally preffer MGM, it's easier to remember, hollywood studios doesn't sound Disney-y to me though.:hurl:

It does when you call it Disney's Hollywood Studios.:ROFLOL:

I know, I know. No fan is going to call it DHS, but you can call it the Studios. I've done that for so long anyway, bc every trip I would assume Disney's and MGM's contract was up. It's been rumored for so long I didn't want to call it MGM around my friends in case it wasn't MGM anymore!:lol:

disney.co.nr

We might be missing something with the name change. Maybe this means that the Chinese Theater will be the icon again and the hat will come down.

I am not a hat hater so I really don't care, but there has to be a direct, marketing reason for the change to Hollywood. There has to be a direct Hollywood tie-in. A studio is a studio but this is now a "Hollywood" studio.

I dont think so. I believe the hat is more of an appropriate DISNEY movie park icon. I kinda like the hat granted its not in the best place COMPLETLEY blocking the Chinese theater. but all in all I like the hat, although it is a bit useless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom