Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

AndrewsJ

I'm happy and sad at the same time. I am so excited that DHS is finally getting the love it deserves and Streets of America really had no purpose anymore (not counting the Osbourne Lights) but I'll miss strolling through there. Ok I'm over it! Bring on the Star Wars Experience!

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Seeing the demo this weekend and then looking at this pic I took on the night SOA closed really made me miss it.....
Streets of America 2.jpg

Seabasealpha1

I'll call the wall Snout...

And such a wall, as I would have you think,
That had in it a crannied hole or *****,
Through which the lovers, Kermitus and Piggy,
Did whisper often very secretly.

Did I seriously just get a word censored? For God's sake...it's Shakespeare...taken right from the script...not a racial slur...

Can someone turn down the settings on the "butt-hurt" monitor?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Very interesting they took the Muppet Square wall down. I thought that would stay. So much room for expansion now. Either Muppets or something else. Much more radical than the DCA 2.0 project.
Did I seriously just get a word censored? For God's sake...it's Shakespeare...taken right from the script...not a racial slur...

Can someone turn down the settings on the "butt-hurt" monitor?

The censoring system only looks for words, not the context they are used in. There is even a contractor name I can't post here because it get's censored.

tl77

They could call it Disney Florida Adventure.
Or since almost everything in the park is going to be a clone from somewhere else it could be called Disney Generic Adventure.
"Disney's Intellectual Property Adventure" ...because it sounds magical

Seriously though, if the DCA Tower of Terror is becoming something Marvel related, and it's going to be the center piece of a "Marvel-land", I think "The Avenger's Tower of Terror" makes the more sense than trying to make it into Guardians of the Galaxy... the gist of that ride is going up and down real fast anyway, I'm not sure it matters if the pre-show video is hosted by Rod Sterling or Captain America... it was nearly hosted by Mel Brooks after all

...anyway, I pretty sure I've gone way off topic now

tl77

I can imagine quite an uproar should this be announced. Especially with the original version receiving yet another overhaul.
Well people get into an "uproar" ever time they have to move a tree, which is probably reason they just now ignore "uproars" now... and they refrubed the exterior of Maelstrom right before the decide to turn it into Frozen, but I think that was more of a negotiation tactic

But if they can keep people happy with some Star Wars Fire Works at the end of the night, they can probably find a more profitable way to make use of the giant chunk of real estate that Fantasmic takes up... "all day" long instead of only using it for about a half hour a night... with no real profit. Fantasmic costs money but doesn't make money and that how these corporate goons who run the show seem to look at this stuff ...The Muppets are getting an expansion because Disney owns them and they are now trying to make some money off them ..."magic!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom