Stitch's SuperSonic Celebratin opening day

DisneyDellsDude

Only thing I did like was the Close Encounters of the Third Kind reference in the music.:D

Otherwise... blah.

The "street party" thing on Main Street should be enough for the "Celebrate Today" promo.

Now there is nothing good to see in Tomorrowland except for Carousel of Progress (right now). Why can't Tomorrowland be like Liberty Square, or Frontierland with original attractions made to fit the theme.

Space Mountain, TTA, Carousel of Progress...VS...Monsters Inc, Stitch, Stitch Party, Buzz.

We're losing.:(

I won't count Tomorrowland Speedway for/against either party.:lookaroun

WDW1974

I never have high hopes for anything coming out of Disney so that way I'm pleasantly surprised when something does make it through the cracks.

That's a sad, cynical 'tude.

I have the exact same one ... moreso in O-Town than anywhere.

Funny, there was a time when I always expected to be wowed by Disney because they never disappointed me.

Talked to a Pixar pal over the weekend and the same subject came up. I remember the first Disney attraction that I felt was just 'OK' ... Maelstrom (a Joe Rohde project) ... but I chalked them up to an aberration (and it wasn't awful or anything) because Disney continued to wow be into the mid-90s.

But then something happened. One after another came attractions/redos etc that didn't just disappoint ... they mostly sucked. So now I expect the worst and hope for the best. ... Guess that's why I enjoyed Idol and Kim Possible so much!

~Twitter? Is there a treatment for it?~

WDW1974

Can't disagree with you more. Stitch would be great in the Tiki Room, and a great improvement over its current inhabitants.

Sadly, I agree.

But I'm a Stitch-lover who has watched them over-expose and ruin the character. And I hate the current Tiki Room ... I'd much rather an updated, non-character show. But no one asked me.

SirGoofy

A headache.

Another reason to stay at home.

I never have high hopes for anything coming out of Disney so that way I'm pleasantly surprised when something does make it through the cracks.

I feel that way about Orlando. I have faith everywhere else.

Sadly, I agree.

But I'm a Stitch-lover who has watched them over-expose and ruin the character. And I hate the current Tiki Room ... I'd much rather an updated, non-character show. But no one asked me.

I would much rather have the original back, but we both know there's 0% chance of that happening in O-town.

puntagordabob

Right because the show we have now is so full of Disney imagination that we can't possibly lose such a classic attraction as "Under New Management":rolleyes:

Actually Im rooting for the Disneyland show in California to come to our Florida room... sorry I failed to mention that in the post.... and I am in your corner when it comes to "under new management".......Give Jose back his show! :)

puntagordabob

I would much rather have the original back, but we both know there's 0% chance of that happening in O-town.

Dont be so sure... every incarnation they have made that wasnt true to the original has failed. I was even told by a Disney exec that the Tokyo one has not done any where near as well as they had hoped, completely de-railing a stitch tiki room here (Thank God!)

I dont HATE Stitch either...its just that he doesnt fit in The Tiki Room... Stitch is about as Polynesion as I am a Martian from outer space... He is cool...and I am sure they can find him a home... I always wondered why they didnt give him a home in EPCOT... I know many people hate Stitch because of the "Alien Encounter" switch....but dont hate the character, he just has not found a good home at WDW yet....

If I could make some advice to the Imagineers, I would suggest a least Non-intrusive role for the characters like Captain Jack in PoC... and as an example of what didnt work with too much intrusion: that would be Iago in the Tiki Room... Zazu can stay :)

WDW is a big place...there is room for the E-ticket lovers who want new thrills all the time, and for those who want something else....

MousDad

Okay, finally got around to viewing the video. Just give me a minute here.

[Wipes drool puddle off desk. Examines keyboard imprint on my forehead. Drinks two 5 Hour Energies.]

Where was I? Oh yeah - I'm taking the high road and saying something positive about the new Stitch show. Here goes. [ahem]

I feel at least 37% sure that this show will not cause "screaming, projectile vomiting, amnesia, spine loss, embarrassing accidents, uncontrollable gas...and explosive diarrhea" in most guests.

Keep it positive folks, keep it positive!

Atomicmickey

Stitch does fit in the Tiki room because of the Hawaiian setting.

Sorta. This is coming from a place where I know we can't have the original back, so we just gotta live with it.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of the Hawaiian music from Lilo and Stitch being sung by the birds in the Tiki Room, actually.

I just want the Iago Animatronics to break down for good. Soon.

SirGoofy

Dont be so sure... every incarnation they have made that wasnt true to the original has failed. I was even told by a Disney exec that the Tokyo one has not done any where near as well as they had hoped, completely de-railing a stitch tiki room here (Thank God!)

I'm curious as to which "exec" told you this.

I always wondered why they didnt give him a home in EPCOT... I know many people hate Stitch because of the "Alien Encounter" switch....but dont hate the character, he just has not found a good home at WDW yet....

Seriously? You think he doesn't fit in TR...but you think he fits in EPCOT?:veryconfu

puntagordabob

I'm curious as to which "exec" told you this.

Never ever going to tell...I dont like to spread rumors...but I Love the Tiki Room and was excited about it getting some Tender Loving Care!

Seriously? You think he doesn't fit in TR...but you think he fits in EPCOT?:veryconfu

Well...yeah I guess he "fits" in Tomorrowland, but with everyone always bashing the Alien Encounter overlay I figure if I suggested he "stay in Tomorrowland" a lot of the posters on here would shoot me or hang me by my toes! :)

Castle Cake Apologist

Add to that the people who did the or came up with the following

SGE
Sounds Dangerous
Putting Nemo in The Living Seas
Doing away with Tapestry of Nations
The current state of JITTI
WOL closing
And most of all the person who designed the Yetti

Yeah, too bad Imagineering had absolutely nothing to do with this show... good try, though.

Honestly, though... not good/not bad... it's just there and it prevents you from having to wait in line for Buzz during showtimes, so there you go.

Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Pretty simple.

NMBC1993

Well the reason it's terrible is because they aren't making any money off of the show, so why put any creativity in it? But you know there is this place I know where people could be entertained and they could make some money in the process....nah, who would want that:shrug:

freediverdude

I saw the last show of the day on Sunday, and it wasn't too bad. Not fantastic or knock your socks off, but cute. That particular show the crowd did seem to get up and dance. Everybody seemed to like it ok. It's not on the scale of a Dream Along with Mickey, but it's cute. I think that's what they were aiming for, a distraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well well.
If this was Disney’s attack plan to keep crowds of people away from Space Mountain while it is undergoing refurbishment - it’ll work.
Sums it up perfectly. What a... ha! You know.... I`m speechless. And I liked the original film and quite like the attraction for what it is.

It was more interesting observing the empty, static WEDway cars.

A new low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom