Stitch attracting a redo?

satchamo

We need to start a petition to bring back Alien Encounter. THat way we can feel better and Disney can ignore the petition and do whatever they wanted to anyway........

KCheatle

If you are referring to the CAROUSEL of Progress, then you can just forget it. That ride is a true CLASSIC, it's got Walt's influence all over it and if it were to go you'd have a lot of upset folks. SGE is just a bad attraction, COP is an old attraction, but not bad.

Yeah! Agreed!! COP is on another level. There are attractions/rides that need to be updated every once in awhile and there are attractions/rides that should absolutely never change. COP should never change. If you don't "get it" or don't like it then you don't truly respect the genius of Walt Disney.

ToTBellHop

Yeah! Agreed!! COP is on another level. There are attractions/rides that need to be updated every once in awhile and there are attractions/rides that should absolutely never change. COP should never change. If you don't "get it" or don't like it then you don't truly respect the genius of Walt Disney.
I disagree...while most of CoP is great, that final scene desperately needs an update. Keep the rest though (with updates to improve the animatronics from time to time).

dxwwf3

I disagree...while most of CoP is great, that final scene desperately needs an update. Keep the rest though (with updates to improve the animatronics from time to time).

Yep it needs one of those great refurbishments that the MK classics have been getting recently.

KCheatle

I would agree with this inasmuch as the final scene went back to the original final scene. I think they are kidding themselves with contiuing to update the final scene to be futuristic. I know that it would fit the motif of Tomorrowland better to keep it futuristic. But the rest of it showcases time periods throughout the 20th centurym and I think it would be weird to skip like 100 years between scenes. I'm all about returning it to the original so that people can see it for what it was and what the "future" was when Walt designed this. I think it's the history of it that's really cool.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I guess I am in the minority here - another non-hater.
On the plus side: there is no wait, it offers a chance to sit, it's air-conditioned, and it's a hoot to watch first-time riders try to figure out how fast the attraction is going to spin.
On the minus side: the shoulder restraints are too confining (if you fail to sit up really tall or put your hands on your shoulders), the foul chili burp (which really is nothing to the mother of two teenage boys), and the spitting water, which is no big deal.
Don't get me wrong though, I am not a lover either. The attraction is really meh after the first time, and doesn't warrant visiting more than once a trip. Unless, of course, the park is packed and the temperature is unbearable; you know, like, June, July, August, September.
I never really totally hated Sounds Dangerous either, for the same reasons - a relaxing seat in the air conditioned dark.

Magenta Panther

I think a simple script rewrite would go a long way. IMO the attraction's concept is strong, it's just the writing (along with some of the effects) that's weak.

I agree with this. The attraction is very well-built and beautiful to look at. But oh, the show. It's dreadful. Stitch is TOO scary, the seats are horribly uncomfortable, and there's not a drop of actual entertainment value in the entire attraction.

But, replace or alter the seats so that they don't press down so painfully on your shoulders, rewrite the script (add Lilo so she can perhaps soften Stitch's attitude), and tweak the story a bit, and the ride might actually become enjoyable.

ToTBellHop

I agree with this. The attraction is very well-built and beautiful to look at. But oh, the show. It's dreadful. Stitch is TOO scary, the seats are horribly uncomfortable, and there's not a drop of actual entertainment value in the entire attraction.

But, replace or alter the seats so that they don't press down so painfully on your shoulders, rewrite the script (add Lilo so she can perhaps soften Stitch's attitude), and tweak the story a bit, and the ride might actually become enjoyable.
Agreed, actually. The Stitch animatronic and those laser arms are actually very impressive and it would be a shame to put them to waste. They could put together a better show with the existing infrastructure for relatively little money.

Donald96

Agreed, actually. The Stitch animatronic and those laser arms are actually very impressive and it would be a shame to put them to waste. They could put together a better show with the existing infrastructure for relatively little money.

I agree! I love having stich (well it was one of my favorite movies) and the effects are cool! With just a little Disney re-writing this could become one fun attraction!!!! :sohappy:

Oh and I would love to see Tron replace that mildly fun, but stinky speedway!!!

the-reason14

I think it'd be best if they were to just get rid of the show completely instead of trying to tweak the script. They already changed it maybe 2 or 3 times from the time it opened up until 2006 ish or so. Very small and subtle changes to make it 'better' but it's still pretty bad. I think it'd be better to just evict stitch and stick him some place else and put in an entirely new show ride or return to AE. People already have a bad taste in their mouth for it as the line is never long. I think it'd be difficult and pointless to try and market a "new" SGE.

ToTBellHop

I think it'd be best if they were to just get rid of the show completely instead of trying to tweak the script. They already changed it maybe 2 or 3 times from the time it opened up until 2006 ish or so. Very small and subtle changes to make it 'better' but it's still pretty bad. I think it'd be better to just evict stitch and stick him some place else and put in an entirely new show ride or return to AE. People already have a bad taste in their mouth for it as the line is never long. I think it'd be difficult and pointless to try and market a "new" SGE.
Update it, give it a slight rename, and put "NEW!" in front of its name on the guide map and the sheep will come.

Some people on these boards plan visits to document new bathrooms (or even the construction of new bathrooms).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom