Stitch attracting a redo?

Mike K

Eh.. I love "Lilo & Stitch" but Stitch's Great Escape certainly fares pretty low on everything in Tomorrowland for me. Personally, I'd much rather them retire Stitch and implement a Wall-E attraction in the space. Then again, if a refurb of the existing attraction is in the cards, I'd be interested to see what is done with it.

Flight Safety

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of bringing back old attractions. I would rather see something new and original, lest Magic Kingdom turns into a museum.

I understand your point of view and somewhat agree, but unless the whole attraction is gutted and completely re-designed from scratch, we're not getting anything "new". I think that Tomorrowland in general needs some newer attractions that aren't just bandaids, but instead new and exciting attractions (minus of course Space Mountain, Rocket Tower Plaza, and DCOP). Its called Tomorrowland after all.

Some would argue MK already is museum, aside from a couple new attractions on the way. Not that I feel that way, Im just pointing it out. I personally have a deep connection to MK the way it has been for ages, as I'm sure many people do.

P.S. Alien Encounter was truly original.

TalkingHead

I would love to see XS-Tech back in action! Oh how I miss Skipper.

Skippy and SIR.

If they insist on retrofying the parks, maybe they could give us Mission to Mars. I don't remember what it was like.

I guess the attraction doesn't have space for much more than a theater (and probably not willing to spend more money to give us something other than the theater-in-the-round)?

By the way, what's the source for the rumor?

Flight Safety

Skippy and SIR.

If they insist on retrofying the parks, maybe they could give us Mission to Mars. I don't remember what it was like.

I guess the attraction doesn't have space for much more than a theater (and probably not willing to spend more money to give us something other than the theater-in-the-round)?

Haha! S.I.R. Yes! The real one!. I think Mission to Mars would be cool. I don't remember it either.

The Duck

Skippy and SIR.

You're lucky not remembering what it was like. I saw it once or twice back in the 70's and it was dull then so I could only imagine how it would be received now. Anyway, lets hope for a major overhaul but I doubt if it will happen until FLE is finished at the very least.

Bolna

There might be a reason why you don't remember it - because it wasn't very memorable at all! I saw it in DL and when we got out we just laughed because we thought it was unbelievable that something so unexciting would be considered an attraction... :lookaroun

Cotton178

I don't know what is it!

MarkTwain

I think a simple script rewrite would go a long way. IMO the attraction's concept is strong, it's just the writing (along with some of the effects) that's weak.

dman1373

i would love if they put alien encounter back. Out of all of the rides besides the mountains, this was my favorite. I remember going one year and locking for it and seeing stitches escape. Wow did that ride turn from the best to worst ride real fast.

jjharvpro

I would be ALL FOR THIS! Stitch's Great Escape is probably my least favorite attraction, for lack of story and just the fact that it is pretty gross and unenjoyable. So, I would love for them to replace this with a NEW attraction. I'm not saying update Tomorrowland to make the whole land completely futuristic, because I've accepted the whole "classic/retro future" theme. But imagine if there was an actual ride where you could go to space! Or something with Wall-E!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Forget about about Mission to Mars...

Bring back Flight to the Moon....now that was truly uninspiring.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SGE consistently scores low with guest satisfaction. A rework has been discussed a lot, alas with no results yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom