Starbucks in Disney?

DisneyWall-E

Last trip I brought my own single cup coffee maker and used folgers coffee pods. I had a great cup every morning. But, I drive to the world so that makes it easier for me. Sorry to those who can't.

Brian_WDW74

This sounds good to me - it's an upscale brand (compared with, say, McDonalds), it's popular, and could easily be themed to fit in the parks. Plus, you can already get Starbucks at the Shades of Green DoD resort, something I've done on my last two trips down there, so it already sort of feels "right" to me.

You can also get Starbucks at the Swan and Dolphin. They even leave packets of Starbucks Africa Kitamu for the in-room coffee service. It would be the perfect blend for Animal Kingdom. :)

njDizFan

wow, I guess it's not that suprising that people can't agree on what coffee they like.

At .15 cents more expensive, I would gladly take Starbucks over the DD tub water in styrofoam anyday. And please, Wawa...? Folgers?

Don't want to sound elitist but American coffee in general is not very good. It is a watered down and lightly roasted version of real coffee. Starbucks is the only major chain that serves anything drinkable. But it has to start with good water or it's no use.

Let the flames begin.:fork:

DisneyWall-E

wow, I guess it's not that suprising that people can't agree on what coffee they like.

At .15 cents more expensive, I would gladly take Starbucks over the DD tub water in styrofoam anyday. And please, Wawa...? Folgers?

Don't want to sound elitist but American coffee in general is not very good. It is a watered down and lightly roasted version of real coffee. Starbucks is the only major chain that serves anything drinkable. But it has to start with good water or it's no use.

Agree about the use of good water. I also brought my Brita water filter with me to make my coffee

sweetpee_1993

The great coffee debate!

I'm a huuuuge coffee drinker. I drink the stuff every day. During warm weather it's iced and cold weather it's hot. Sometimes I drink it black. Sometimes with Splenda & skim milk. Sometimes I like a smooth, relaxed texture. Sometimes I want something bold to make my toes curl. Every day I start the day with a coffee because if I don't...well...some unfortunate soul will get bitten, kicked, smacked, or shoved before noon.

That said, when at WDW I hunt down the good cups of coffee. I will not drink that NesCafe stuff that is implied as a cup of coffee. That's just :hurl:. It'd be wonderful to have more decent coffee spots to get a good cup. I don't particularly care what brand as long as there is a true selection. If Starbucks happens I'll be elated. Until then, I'll be scurrying about seeking out the decent cups (Kona does have some rockin' coffee) or carrying my little packets of Starbucks Via (if you haven't tried it yet I was pleasantly surprised).

No matter what brand, Disney needs real coffee. (No, Folgers & Maxwell House don't count...that's like saying root beer is the same thing as Dr. Pepper.) Coffee drinkers will always have their favorite brands or coffee bar companies which is fine. If Disney just wanted to put up more coffee shops then they could just throw some up and give 'em witty names. No, I think they'd be smarter to draw people in with a name they recognize. I know Canadians are big on their Tim Hortons but Tim Hortons isn't world-wide. If it weren't for my Canadian sis-in-law & her endless chatter about the place I wouldn't know what it was. Starbucks is world-wide. Everyone knows what Starbucks is. Open one in each of the 4 parks with some interesting theming and I'll lay you money you'll see lines out the door on a regular basis. :cool:

And I totally want a Disney Bear-ista or Mickey & Minnie plushes dressed in the green apron. And oooohhh...ya know...Sbux has their own pins to trade, too!!!!

Pete C

I seriously doubt they would just serve Dunkin Donuts coffee without having to open a store with other goods offered by the company. I have never seen DD coffee brewed outside of a DD store or kiosk. That said, I don't even like their coffee at all. Coffee is so subjective that everyone has an opinion, however Starbucks is a proven winner that attracts a LOT of people, hence so many stores. The ONLY reason they are having trouble is because coffeehouse coffee is an expense that can be cut in hard times. If they want to be different, there are plenty of other coffee-only brands they could go with like Caribou, Barnies, Seattle's Best, Peet's, Volcano, etc.

bugsbunny

Those would be my choices. OR, seeing as how you're from Mt. Laurel.....WAWA !!!!!

Wawa coffee is good, especially when its like $$1.30 for a 16 ounce. :sohappy: Starbucks does make a good cup of coffee, but like ANY real coffee, its expensive. I think too many Americans are drinking the 5 pound tub of coffee ground you can get at Walmart for $8 and setting their palettes to that. Its similar to how most Americans drink Coors Light or Miller Lite and look at all other beers as "strong" or "heavy". No, you just acclimated yourself to the lowest rung on the ladder so of course everything above it seems higher!

And the word "nescafe" sends chills up my spine. ANYTHING is better than the colored water passed off as coffee at WDW. I like strong dark coffee (by the slice rather than the cup), so nescafe is flavorless to me. However, even my less intense flavor seeking friends tell me they thing nescafe is just awful, too.

For my upcoming December trip, I'm bringing a travel coffee press and buying coffee ground in the gift shop when I get there!

vonpluto

Those would be my choices. OR, seeing as how you're from Mt. Laurel.....WAWA !!!!!

wawa.jpg

:eek:

heartodisney

I seriously doubt they would just serve Dunkin Donuts coffee without having to open a store with other goods offered by the company. I have never seen DD coffee brewed outside of a DD store or kiosk. That said, I don't even like their coffee at all. Coffee is so subjective that everyone has an opinion, however Starbucks is a proven winner that attracts a LOT of people, hence so many stores. The ONLY reason they are having trouble is because coffeehouse coffee is an expense that can be cut in hard times. If they want to be different, there are plenty of other coffee-only brands they could go with like Caribou, Barnies, Seattle's Best, Peet's, Volcano, etc.
Yes, you are correct, they would have to open up so much more for their venues..could be many possiblities on revenue on both sides of the coin though..and agree..SO many other coffees out there..I have had fresh Kona in Hawaii, dark roast in Pureto Rico, dark roast in Panama from the border of Costa Rica..but so far the best was while I was in my wonderful wifes country of the Phillipines..they grow there own on their plantation and grind it up so fine it was like baby powder..I made the mistake of using too much and one cup had me on the ceiling all day long! WDW just needs to make up their minds and open up a very nice venue for all! :sohappy:

urbanvegan

This would be fantastic, in my eyes.

I love Starbucks Coffee, be it from a Starbucks location, or from the grocery store. Plus, I far prefer espresso drinks to regular coffee.

sweetpee_1993

I like this. It's just odd having a Starbucks on Main Street. But, whatever.

Yeah, I was gonna say something about putting a Sbux on Main Street but the visual was just too much for me considering that the story for that area is turn of the century. :lol:

We're going to Kona for dinner on our first night in the kingdom... maybe I'll spring for that French Press for Two for my Mother and Father in law. :)

Oooohh...might not wanna do a pressed pot at night...unless you want the in-laws up all night. Pressed is soooo strong and wonderful (I get the warm-n-fuzzies just thinkin about it) but the stuff totally rips my stomach to shreds. I suppose if you wanted to ditch the in-laws it could be a possibility... :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Something that can NOT happen in Orlando, or anywhere in Central/North Florida. Water is GROSS up there.

Miami water is very good, though.:shrug:

EpcoTim

Starbucks is vile garbage as far as I'm concerned, but it will be nice to get a double shot of espresso somewhere relatively convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom