Starbucks in Disney?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
And if it's not, I don't see Starbucks sticking with only Universal if they have a chance to cash in on Disney.

Bingo. No matter how many little stores they may be shuttering elsewhere, if Starbucks can get "in" with Disney they would leap at the opportunity.....

Except he's usually right.:rolleyes:

Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Of course, he breaks all the significant stories, right? Like the Pixar buyout. Oh, wait... That's right, the Marvel purchase. Oh, no, not that one either...

But he knows attendance figures! :ROFLOL:

Those who believe. Well, they certainly deserve to. :animwink:

Animaniac93-98

I don't drink coffee, but when it comes to hot chocolate and pastries/doughnuts you Yanks need to be introduced to Tim Hortons. Second Cup would also be fabulous (both are slowly coming into the US actually).

TP2000

I hope this never happens. Starbucks coffee is not really that good at all and is way over priced. What wrong with good old Maxwell House or Folgers?

As a native Seattleite that grew up on Starbucks in the 1970's, I can't help but be shocked and amazed. I had no idea there were still people drinking Folgers, digging through the can and looking for the "flavor crystals". :cool:

If this happens at Disneyland, and Al Lutz very clearly stated it is not a done deal yet, this would be great news. That Nescafe stuff they sell at Disneyland is pure junk. I always stop at the La Brea Bakery on my way into Disneyland for a decent latte, but it's still not as good as Starbucks.

I assume they are also still using Nescafe coffee at the WDW parks? The Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel were using Deidrich beans (a local SoCal gourmet coffee roaster with excellent roasts and beans) last time I checked because the fine restaurants there were too embarassed to serve Nescafe.

SirGoofy

Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Of course, he breaks all the significant stories, right? Like the Pixar buyout. Oh, wait... That's right, the Marvel purchase. Oh, no, not that one either...

But he knows attendance figures! :ROFLOL:

Those who believe. Well, they certainly deserve to. :animwink:

I'm not going into it after this, because this isn't what the threads about, but the guy has broken more Disneyland related stories recently than any one else I read.

EPCOT Explorer

:slurp::slurp:

Oh I hope this happens. This summer, I had Starbucks almost everyday :slurp:

Guys, I don't see what the problem is. I don't care if a giant Starbucks shop replaces SGE! :lookaroun:lol:
It would smell better...:lol:

I could have Starbucks everyday...My University has one riiight in the lobby of our library. Where I am most of the day.:brick:

However, I have to convince myself that I'm saving the money for Disney so...it works out...sorta...:lol::lookaroun:eek:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Those would be my choices. OR, seeing as how you're from Mt. Laurel.....WAWA !!!!!

Having WaWa coffee in the parks would be an absolute dream. :lol:

I honestly wouldn't mind a Starbucks presence in the parks though. I totally rely on a good cup of coffee in the morning to make me into a human being. NesCafe does NOT fit this criteria even a little. Whenever given the opportunity I go off property and grab Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks before heading to the parks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As much as I dislike Starbucks coffee, I loathe NesCafe, so a potential improvement in my opinion.
This is where everyone claims their favorite coffee.... I think Dunkin is by far the best coffee out there (we are talking store coffee with the availability to purchase in the store)

Boma had the best coffee in 2006 I ever tasted in my life. I cant recall the blend it ways.

It's mud in a cup.

Starbucks would be a great improvement.
:lol: perfect description.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Starbucks is nasty, disgusting, overpriced, tasteless coffee.

If I want something addictive that'll give me the jitters at WDW, I'll ride Mission Space after eating pasta.

If I want the caffeine, I'll go off property for good coffee (you Americans really don't know what it is) or I'll drink a coke.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not going into it after this, because this isn't what the threads about, but the guy has broken more Disneyland related stories recently than any one else I read.

I agree. And I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Lutz either. But he does appear to have pretty good information about the ins and outs of DL. I'm not claiming he's 100% on, but I thought it would simply make an interesting topic of conversation.

I suppose some people feel the need to go negative no matter what.:shrug:

Captain Hank

I'd love to see Barnie's Coffee come onto property. It's a moderately-sized chain located primarily in Florida with some absoultely amazing coffee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom