Starbucks in Disney?

Pete C

I don't care if it is Starbucks or Seattle's Best (both Starbucks companies), we need to be able to get a decent cup of coffee at WDW. Currently, it just isn't possible.

Figment632

Al Lutz is reporting in his column today that the Disney’s Corporate Alliances group is attempting to convince Starbucks to place several sponsored locations in DL. In fact, the Market House on Main Street USA would be reconfigured into an old-fashioned coffee house serving up a basic menu of Starbucks espresso and coffee drinks. I wonder if this experiment is sucessful how long it would take for Starbucks to migrate east and into the WDW parks.....

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al101309a.htm

The Coffe at Starbucks tastes like :hurl: and is expensive even for Disney, but the coffe in DL was terrible.

Scorpiotiger

Having WaWa coffee in the parks would be an absolute dream. :lol:

I honestly wouldn't mind a Starbucks presence in the parks though. I totally rely on a good cup of coffee in the morning to make me into a human being. NesCafe does NOT fit this criteria even a little. Whenever given the opportunity I go off property and grab Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks before heading to the parks.

WaWa would be awesome. Being from GA we don't get WaWas here, so it is a real treat when we travel up north.

The Nescafe thing is funny, my wife and I hate Nescafe so we started saying the name in a sexy latin lover type of accent....NezCafe. Doesn't make it taste better, but somehow makes it more tolerable. "It is I, the most sexiest of the NezCafes, subbcomb to my prowess."

Mouse Man

WaWa has the best coffe hands down. I would love to see that in the park, but if not then Folgers and good ol Maxwell House would be a very nice fit. No disrespect to Starbuck lovers but this coffee is too strong and over bearing and most of all overpriced.

SirGoofy

I love how a con for this is that it's overpriced...

It's going to be in a Disney park! No matter what they pick it'll be overpriced!:lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
I love how a con for this is that it's overpriced...

It's going to be in a Disney park! No matter what they pick it'll be overpriced!:lol:

Agreed. I'd almost rather pay for a cup of overpriced Starbucks than the sludge they serve now though. :hurl:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
I could just see some of the tied-in marketing through Starbucks: Disney line of hot cocoa flavors, WDW mugs in the stores, baristas wearing Mickey ears. On second thought, maybe this would be a little too much. :)

heartodisney

Hmm..how about Dunkin Doughnuts'...coffee there is better..and not so overpriced..and no one has metioned McDonalds'..they have been trying to promote their coffee everywhere else..

sublimesting

Hmm..how about Dunkin Doughnuts'...coffee there is better..and not so overpriced..and no one has metioned McDonalds'..they have been trying to promote their coffee everywhere else..

I had McDonald's coffee a few months ago...:hurl:...it tastes like a fish was soaking in milky water for 10 minutes.

hpyhnt 1000

Eh... it'd be an improvement over NesCafe, but bringing Starbucks to Disney just doesn't get me excited. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice Frappuccino or Cafe Mocha every now and again, but... they're already everywhere as it is. I'm with the person who said where's Maxwell House or Folgers. :shrug:

btuftee

This sounds good to me - it's an upscale brand (compared with, say, McDonalds), it's popular, and could easily be themed to fit in the parks. Plus, you can already get Starbucks at the Shades of Green DoD resort, something I've done on my last two trips down there, so it already sort of feels "right" to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom