Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

They say the app is like a "third ride." Not only will there be small missions for you to complete (I'm thinking something like Agent P's World Showcase game), but there will also be a large, Ingress (Pokémon Go v1)-like game, where you join a side (First Order/Resistance) and battle for Batuu. Not exactly sure how it'll work, but it sounds like you'll be competing for land and buildings.

One of the articles (there've been so many, can’t remember which) mentioned that you’ll essentially solve puzzles to turn First Order surveillance devices on or off at various places in the land. Sounds like battling for gyms in Pokemon Go.

DisneyYorkian74

It seems like when this land opens, DHS could go from the bottom of people's ranking of the parks to an easy #1 or #2 right behind MK...

It’s hard to believe now, but back in the late 90’s-mid 00’s Disney-MGM Studios (as it was called at the time) was ranked as the highest Walt Disney World park in a few places (online sites and magazine articles).

I’m guessing it must have had something to do with the combination of Tower of Terror, Rock’n’Roller Coaster, Fantasmic!, and all the attention the park got during the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

Disney then let the park slide hard over the next decade, however it’s great to see the much needed love the park needed to be great again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the restaurant options have been answered, outside of the rides I’ve not had much interest in what’s inside the other buildings. Layout and architecture is more my thing than blue milk and buying an over inflated plastic stick. Nor do I own a plastic wand :)
I am slightly embarrassed to say that I spent less on a car than I did on either of my 2 sabers.

jt04

I think the restaurant options have been answered, outside of the rides I’ve not had much interest in what’s inside the other buildings. Layout and architecture is more my thing than blue milk and buying an over inflated plastic stick. Nor do I own a plastic wand :)

You probably shouldn't count on anything from Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge ending up at the Character Warehouse.

IMDREW

Anyone know if they're gonna use the same Disney Play App for DHS? I thought they would implement Magic Bands more in this land.

DisneyOutsider

Park Attractions/Shows comparison-

EPCOT:

Headliners:
GotG
Rat
Soarin'
TT
HEA
SSE

Filler:
JII
M:S
Nemo
IDF
LwtL
Canada Film
China Film
TTwC

The World Showcase

AK:

Headliners:
FOP
EE
KS
Dino
ROL

Filler:
KaliRR
Bug
River Cruise
Crap Dino Coaster
Crap Dino Spinner
Kitty Trail
Gorilla Trail
Random Animal Exhibits
Lion King
Nemo
Bird Show
Tree of Life Awakening

DHS:

Headliners:
RotR
Smugglers Run
TOT
RnRc
MickeyRR
Slinky Dog Dash
Fantasmic

Filler:
TSM
Star Tours
Indiana Jones Show
Muppets
Frozen Singalong
Mermaid Show
Star Wars Fireworks

What am I missing?

All else (read: crowds and price) being equal, EPCOT is going to be a strong last place of these four options for me. That attraction line-up for DHS, though still underpowered for what's needed, is very strong. Sunset Boulevard is still one of the best themed environments in WDW. Will have another new E ticket in MMRR, a still-fresh Toy Story Land. EPCOT will still be on life-support IMO until the spine project, Imagination, Spaceship Earth and Seas Pavilion are finally re-done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone know if they're gonna use the same Disney Play App for DHS? I thought they would implement Magic Bands more in this land.

Yes, they're going to rely heavily on the Disney Play App for both lands mostly through Bluetooth.

One reporter mentioned that a rep said they have more to come with regard to tracking but wouldn't say. The reporter thought about MBs, but, DL doesn't use MBs, so... we don't know.

Homer fan

It’s hard to believe now, but back in the late 90’s-mid 00’s Disney-MGM Studios (as it was called at the time) was ranked as the highest Walt Disney World park in a few places (online sites and magazine articles).

I’m guessing it must have had something to do with the combination of Tower of Terror, Rock’n’Roller Coaster, Fantasmic!, and all the attention the park got during the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

Disney then let the park slide hard over the next decade, however it’s great to see the much needed love the park needed to be great again.
The look and feel of DHS was always my favorite, along with the few, but very good rides they have.

blackpearl13

First time poster :)

Through the articles and these forums, one thing I have read several times is to expect a lengthy ride time for ROTR. Does anybody have any idea as to what would that "lengthy" ride time would be? This is perhaps what excited me the most, as I grew up loving the rides that really made me feel like I was immersed in another world, thanks in part to how long these rides were.

MickeyMinnieMom

First time poster :)

Through the articles and these forums, one thing I have read several times is to expect a lengthy ride time for ROTR. Does anybody have any idea as to what would that "lengthy" ride time would be? This is perhaps what excited me the most, as I grew up loving the rides that really made me feel like I was immersed in another world, thanks in part to how long these rides were.
I believe I've read 7-8min for the ride itself... correct, experts?? :)

And WELCOME!!!! :D

tfc3rid

Optimistic after reading these articles. The tech certainly seemed to be a heavy lift and guest interaction with performance CMs in the land are still going to be very interesting...

The attractions sound very good and I can't wait to ride them...

This also might end up setting a very, very, very, very high bar for the level of theme and immersiveness that Disney is going to throwing at us from now on... That only helps... So does healthy competition in the business.

blackpearl13

I believe I've read 7-8min for the ride itself... correct, experts?? :)

And WELCOME!!!! :D
Oops! Don't know how I missed that article and post from earlier, but thanks for answering my question! Having a 7-8 minutes that isn't a boat ride seems pretty mind-blowing to me, though maybe I'm overstating that. That leaves a lot of room for good story-telling and immersion. Also, I'm glad to hear it'll be that long, considering we will be waiting in long lines for the ride. I enjoted the Slinky Dog Coaster, but it was way too short for the line I waited in.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

trainplane3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom