Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cmdr_Crimson

Who here thinks they should get lightsaber guy to open up Batuu East..😂
TNtkNN1.gif

drod1985

Sounds like this will use the Disney Play app.

Whether it leverages the app or not they've got to have some other trick up their sleeve. If it was solely reliant on the app it sounds like a goofy user experience.

walk up to bar
"Yeah, hi, can I get a Tatooine Sunset?"
"That depends, can I see/scan your Play Disney Parks app?"
"Sure..."
pulls out phone, wait for app to load, app crashes, restarts app, app finally loads, pulls up appropriate screen, shows to castmember
"ahh, so you're the one who wrecked the Falcon, eh?"

There's got to be something more seamless to the experience that we're not privy to yet.

drod1985

I haven't been to Pandora or Toy Story Land. Do none of the new attractions end in a gift shop??

None of the attractions in TSL do, as there's not really a gift shop (just merch carts).

IIRC Flight of Passage either dumps you into a gift shop or right in front of the entrance to a gift shop, strongly encouraging you to walk through it.

ilovetotravel1977

Do we know where the FP and Standby lines will merge? If you have a FP, do you miss out on all of the backstory / pre-ride scenes?

This is assuming the FP system stays the same for Galaxy's Edge and they don't create something new just for this land.

Surferboy567

Say what you will about Jim Hill...but on the latest episode of the Disney Dish they got a reporter to talk a
little more then an hour of what she saw in Galaxy’s Edge (As she was on the press tour that just happened). It is a great podcast and really provides some perspective on Galaxy’s Edge as a whole. I highly recommend it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't been to Pandora or Toy Story Land. Do none of the new attractions end in a gift shop??

Well, one does, but you can bypass it if you're brave enough to go through the gate with the sign that says "do not enter" which is propped open half the time anyway. But the other doesn't. {The gate empties you into stroller parking which is usually empty next to a ride that toddlers can't ride.}

In TSL, they had the opportunity to make any of those three rides exit through a gift shop, and they didn't.

Ratatouille and Guardians won't have gift shop exits. Neither will the three new E-Tickets in DHS. Going back to New Fantasyland, neither Mermaid nor Belle exits into a shop.

Disney Analyst

I thought I had read in one of the articles that the app is used for some of the interactive elements, but the reputation situation / animatronics being able to call out your name has not really be revealed.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

Say what you will about Jim Hill...but on the latest episode of the Disney Dish they got a reporter to talk a
little more then an hour of what she saw in Galaxy’s Edge (As she was on the press tour that just happened). It is a great podcast and really provides some perspective on Galaxy’s Edge as a whole. I highly recommend it.
All I can picture now that a handful of people have had an in person preview :p... “Brothers, sisters, I have been to the Edge and back. Join me!!!”

Last edited:

Rteetz

I thought I had read in one of the articles that the app is used for some of the interactive elements, but the reputation situation / animatronics being able to call out your name has not really be revealed.
They discuss this in the EW article a bit. The Play Disney Parks app will be the home to most of the interaction. They mention going to the cantina after riding the Falcon and being asked about your flight. So that’s still coming. I don’t think they will specially say your name tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom