Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Analyst

They discuss this in the EW article a bit. The Play Disney Parks app will be the home to most of the interaction. They mention going to the cantina after riding the Falcon and being asked about your flight. So that’s still coming. I don’t think they will specially say your name tho.

I had read in some article that if you do really well as a smuggler then you may be called out by name by Hondo or something in the pre show at times as your reputation grows. Something like “Hey, is Bryan here?”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really like that they are using Hondo in the Flacon ride. For anyone who hasn't seen him in Clone Wars or Rebels he is often a source a some humor in the shows so he should be very entertaining as part of the attraction. I always loved his line in Rebels when he is talking to another character about his life's exploits...

Hondo: “Oh, the stories I could tell. So many of them true.”

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Listened to the latest Jim Hill podcast today and they were having a chat with one of the reporters who went to the 3 day media event at Disneyland, this place can't open soon enough !!

JohnD

Only thing that might be a problem is they are investing a ton....or all of this land on the new trilogy. No Han, Luke, Vader.
After the mixed reaction to "The Last Jedi", I'm sure Disney is concerned with the final movie of the trilogy and that they get it right.
Could hurt the enjoyment of the park experience if you don't care about the main characters.
Personally I like Rey and Kylo Ren but after that I don't care about any of the new characters after the Last Jedi. Which is a shame. (My personal opinion only...I'm sure others thought the last movie was great...I unfortunately did not.)

I noticed that the last several times I was on ST, it was prequel and original trilogy scenes only. That may be one distinction on how it is separate from SW:GE which is set in a place and time of the sequel trilogy.

Cmdr_Crimson

I really like that they are using Hondo in the Flacon ride. For anyone who hasn't seen him in Clone Wars or Rebels he is often a source a some humor in the shows so he should be very entertaining as part of the attraction. I always loved his line in Rebels when he is talking to another character about his life's exploits...

Hondo: “Oh, the stories I could tell. So many of them true.”
And score another attraction for voice actor Jim Cummings who many will know for Pooh,Tigger, Darkwing Duck, and especially the opening narration for Illuminations...

JohnD

Saw this posted on FB.

JohnD

Just to be clear:

Oga's Cantina - Bar for now, not a table service?
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - Quick Service
Ronto Roasters - Quick Service (or walk up like Bengal BBQ?)

Milk Stand - Snack Stand
Kat Saka's Kettle - Snack Stand

Also, what am I looking at here?View attachment 353274

View attachment 353275

Think this:

Oga's Cantina = Pongu Pongu
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo = Satuli Canteen

Last edited:

JohnD

Park Attractions/Shows comparison-

EPCOT:

Headliners:
GotG
Rat
Soarin'
TT
HEA
SSE

Filler:
JII
M:S
Nemo
IDF
LwtL
Canada Film
China Film
TTwC

The World Showcase

AK:

Headliners:
FOP
EE
KS
Dino
ROL

Filler:
KaliRR
Bug
River Cruise
Crap Dino Coaster
Crap Dino Spinner
Kitty Trail
Gorilla Trail
Random Animal Exhibits
Lion King
Nemo
Bird Show
Tree of Life Awakening

DHS:

Headliners:
RotR
Smugglers Run
TOT
RnRc
MickeyRR
Slinky Dog Dash
Fantasmic

Filler:
TSM
Star Tours
Indiana Jones Show
Muppets
Frozen Singalong
Mermaid Show
Star Wars Fireworks

What am I missing?

MK?

JohnD

None of the attractions in TSL do, as there's not really a gift shop (just merch carts).

IIRC Flight of Passage either dumps you into a gift shop or right in front of the entrance to a gift shop, strongly encouraging you to walk through it.

The only way out of FOP is through the gift shop. TSL doesn’t have a gift shop so there’s that.

JohnD

Well, one does, but you can bypass it if you're brave enough to go through the gate with the sign that says "do not enter" which is propped open half the time anyway. But the other doesn't. {The gate empties you into stroller parking which is usually empty next to a ride that toddlers can't ride.}

In TSL, they had the opportunity to make any of those three rides exit through a gift shop, and they didn't.

Ratatouille and Guardians won't have gift shop exits. Neither will the three new E-Tickets in DHS. Going back to New Fantasyland, neither Mermaid nor Belle exits into a shop.

I think if they ever build a gift shop for TSL, it will be where the long meandering path is exiting from TSMM. Not sure where else you could put it.

Marc Davis Fan

I noticed that the last several times I was on ST, it was prequel and original trilogy scenes only. That may be one distinction on how it is separate from SW:GE which is set in a place and time of the sequel trilogy.

I would love ST to be prequel/OT only. That would indeed help it maintain a “purpose” in light of GE (i.e., doing things that GE cannot, like bringing us face-to-face with Darth Vader).

Unfortunately, they are committed to using ST for showing scenes connected to each new film release, so it doesn’t look like this dream will come true anytime soon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom