Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fsunolekrw

Really excited about what all was revealed. Definitely understand the reasons behind why the TSR was most likely taken out of the plans. Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Roasters though sound like they will be 2 very interesting and unique QSR offerings. The rides as we were expecting sound groundbreaking and amazing. This really should be the best themed land in the industry when it opens.

jaxonp

It seems like when this land opens, DHS could go from the bottom of people's ranking of the parks to an easy #1 or #2 right behind MK...

Because of one land? DHS is still going to be a little park, with the worst food, lack of atmosphere (on par with the other 3 parks) and with hardly anything to do.

They really should have redone animation courtyard once TSL opened as well as a major update to fantasmic. I'd imagine that more things will come to DHS rather quickly after we all see how the park is slammed by SWGE. There simply won't be enough draw elsewhere to disperse the crowds. I don't think they are prepared. Not enough things to do and not enough places for people to eat in the smallest footprint spells disaster of epic proportions.

jaxonp

Park Attractions/Shows comparison-

EPCOT:

Headliners:
GotG
Rat
Soarin'
TT
HEA
SSE

Filler:
JII
M:S
Nemo
IDF
LwtL
Canada Film
China Film
TTwC

The World Showcase

AK:

Headliners:
FOP
EE
KS
Dino
ROL

Filler:
KaliRR
Bug
River Cruise
Crap Dino Coaster
Crap Dino Spinner
Kitty Trail
Gorilla Trail
Random Animal Exhibits
Lion King
Nemo
Bird Show
Tree of Life Awakening

DHS:

Headliners:
RotR
Smugglers Run
TOT
RnRc
MickeyRR
Slinky Dog Dash
Fantasmic

Filler:
TSM

Star Tours
Indiana Jones Show
Muppets
Frozen Singalong
Mermaid Show
Star Wars Fireworks

What am I missing?

jt04

Because of one land? DHS is still going to be a little park, with the worst food, lack of atmosphere (on par with the other 3 parks) and with hardly anything to do.

They really should have redone animation courtyard once TSL opened as well as a major update to fantasmic. I'd imagine that more things will come to DHS rather quickly after we all see how the park is slammed by SWGE. There simply won't be enough draw elsewhere to disperse the crowds. I don't think they are prepared. Not enough things to do and not enough places for people to eat in the smallest footprint spells disaster of epic proportions.

Nah. Guests will do GE and head for the other parks.

jt04

Remember also that there will be two of these so the lines shouldn't go much past the front entrance for the first few weeks. I mean the park front entrance.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Just to be clear:

Oga's Cantina - Bar for now, not a table service?
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - Quick Service
Ronto Roasters - Quick Service (or walk up like Bengal BBQ?)

Milk Stand - Snack Stand
Kat Saka's Kettle - Snack Stand

Also, what am I looking at here?View attachment 353274

View attachment 353275
@marni1971 - Anything you can share here? We know the top photo is a gift shop, but what about the restaurant questions and the bottom photo?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So to summarize food options:

2 QSRs (Docking Bay 7 serving some pretty gorgeous looking plates, Rontos Roasters serving street fair)
1 Popcorn Shack (Kat Saka’s Kettle)
Milk Stands
Oga's Cantina

Really not a terrible mix. I think QSR is relatively smart in terms of getting people in and out, and sticking with the village/outpost vibe.
Just to be clear:

Oga's Cantina - Bar for now, not a table service?
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - Quick Service
Ronto Roasters - Quick Service (or walk up like Bengal BBQ?)

Milk Stand - Snack Stand
Kat Saka's Kettle - Snack Stand

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo has been called "fast casual" by Disney Park Blogs. "Fast Casual" is a QS type along with Counter Service and Food Truck. Satuli Canteen and ABC Commissary are also called 'Fast Casual' by MDE. Considering Ronto seems to be serving only one dish, it might be just a counter service.

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (Fast Casual): has the transport ship on the roof
  • smoked country sticky pork ribs with blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw
  • beef pot roast with cavatelli pasta, kale, and mushrooms
  • fried chicken, roasted veggie, mash p., herb gravy
  • roasted chicken, mixed greens, roasted veggies, pumpkin seed, green curry ranch dressing
  • oven roasted fish, mixed greens, roasted veggies, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, green curry ranch dressing
  • chilled shrimp over arrowroot marinated noodle salad
  • vegetarian
    • vegetarian meatloaf with mash p., veggies, and mushroom sauce
    • a plant-based kefta “meatball” dish with herb hummus and tomato-cucumber relish with pita bread
  • dessert
    • raspberry crème puff with passion fruit mousse
    • chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse and coffee custard
  • children's menu:
    • fried chicken, mac & cheese
    • chilled shrimp over vegetable and rice noodle salad, sweet orange dressing
Ronto Roasters
  • Ronto Wrap filled with BBQ pork, spiced grilled sausage, coleslaw, peppercorn sauce
  • meat wrap with turkey jerky

Milk Stand: (non-dairy fruit smoothies)
  • Blue Milk
  • Green Milk
Kat Saka's Kettle
  • Outpost Mix (sweet, salty, spicy) popcorn
Other carts

Oga's Cantina

• drinks only

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom