Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Analyst

So to summarize food options:

2 QSRs (Docking Bay 7 serving some pretty gorgeous looking plates, Rontos Roasters serving street fair)
1 Popcorn Shack (Kat Saka’s Kettle)
Milk Stands
Oga's Cantina

Really not a terrible mix. I think QSR is relatively smart in terms of getting people in and out, and sticking with the village/outpost vibe.

cohaco

So Mr.Robert Niles posted that rise of the resistance will be 11 minutes long and have 2 animatronics. I guess the reports of multiple animatronics included the stormtroopers that are part of the queue as well as the one we'll see inside the transport ship ? ( if i'm interpreting things correctly, that is)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So Mr.Robert Niles posted that rise of the resistance will be 11 minutes long and have 2 animatronics. I guess the reports of multiple animatronics included the stormtroopers that are part of the queue as well as the one we'll see inside the transport ship ? ( if i'm interpreting things correctly, that is)

Other sources have already said they'll be a bunch of non-audio animatronics with lots of troopers subtly moving, like the background presidents in HoP. So, he's probably only counting the fully articulated and maybe talking ones. Or, he's not counting all the troopers since the ride in the LMS vehicle hasn't started yet at that point when you see the troopers.

cohaco

Other sources have already said they'll be a bunch of non-audio animatronics with lots of troopers subtly moving, like the background presidents in HoP. So, he's probably only counting the fully articulated and maybe talking ones. Or, he's not counting all the troopers since the ride in the LMS vehicle hasn't started yet at that point when you see the troopers.
Yes, that was also my interpretation. The stormtroopers are probably A) not really AAs and B) are not part of the "ride". But I, if memory serves right, remember reports of multiple creatures AA such as rathtars. Now that could very well be one of the two animatronics ( with at least one being Kylo ren for sure). I also kind of see why they don't need alot of AAs as this ride seems to be highly energetic and full of action and that kinds of lends itself better to screens. I mean PotC shanghai only has 4 animatronics ( with the hammerhead and second jack sparrow one being two that could very well be removed and not affect the ride that much, leaving us with the same number of AAs as rise of the resistance) and is one of the most impressive and spectacular rides ever. And on the bright side, 11 minutes is , i believe, longer than what thought the ride time would be so that's great news :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How long is the ride depends how you define 'ride.'

Insiders have said about 7-8 minutes. But that's the time in the LMS vehicle, I presume.

The extra time padding it out to 11 probably includes 'riding' the transport ship, getting captured by the First Order, marched into the holding pens, and boarding the ride vehicles.

cohaco

How long is the ride depends how you define 'ride.'

Insiders have said about 7-8 minutes. But that's the time in the LMS vehicle, I presume.

The extra time padding it out to 11 probably includes 'riding' the transport ship, getting captured by the First Order, marched into the holding pens, and boarding the ride vehicles.
Actually the rumored time of the whole experience ( transport ship, getting captured, first order + ride ) was 28 minutes. This 11 minutes is just for the LMS ride I believe. The reason being, in EW report Disney has gone out of their way to mention that the rumored 28 minutes ride time (alot of sites mistakingly interpreted it as the pure ride time) was not true, so why would they repeat that whole process themselves and announce the experience time as the ride time if they just refuted it that same day ? I don't know if i got my point across clearly, but I hope i did.

drod1985

New pictures and info are great, super exciting. My two biggest personal takeaways:

1) The Saber Shop is going to be everything I want it to be.

2) Those food items look appropriately otherworldly and gorgeous but seem a bit out there in terms of amount of ingredients, I feel like my stomach is going to rebel just looking at them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom