Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Casper Gutman

Other sources have already said they'll be a bunch of non-audio animatronics with lots of troopers subtly moving, like the background presidents in HoP. So, he's probably only counting the fully articulated and maybe talking ones. Or, he's not counting all the troopers since the ride in the LMS vehicle hasn't started yet at that point when you see the troopers.
I was under the impression there would also be figures of various beasts and aliens, is that incorrect? How much of the content of the LMS section is screen based?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was under the impression there would also be figures of various beasts and aliens, is that incorrect? How much of the content of the LMS section is screen based?

I don't remember any alien menagerie AAs or even on screens for RotR. Now for Smuggler's Run, there's a giant tentacled monster to avoid on the screen. And there's a fully articulated Hondo in the queue at the level of the Navi Shaman.

There's a bit of an AA menagerie in the pet shop, tho.

Casper Gutman

I don't remember any alien menagerie AAs or even on screens for RotR. Now for Smuggler's Run, there's a giant tentacled monster to avoid on the screen. And there's a fully articulated Hondo in the queue at the level of the Navi Shaman.

There's a bit of an AA menagerie in the pet shop, tho.
So - without giving too much away - is there much variety in RoR or is it a lot of Imperials in shiny hallways (beyond the launch bay with walker and Tie we’ve seen)

drod1985

So - without giving too much away - is there much variety in RoR or is it a lot of Imperials in shiny hallways (beyond the launch bay with walker and Tie we’ve seen)

"Without giving too much away" - there's basically a pre-ride, the core ride, and maybe a post ride. The pre-ride is more Resistance based but transitions to The First Order, the core ride is going to be like the bulk of concept art released (First Order escape), and the end of the ride will be escaping The First Order and returning to Batuu.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There's simulated space travel, being taken prisoner, unbelievably huge set pieces, unbelievable special FX and pew pew, AAs and screens and holograms, and travel to different levels, and surprise escape route. Anything a dark ride can throw at you.

Casper Gutman

Just curious, do you have all of your glasses marked with a line so that they are never half full? ;)
I’ve been pretty consistently enthusiastic and positive about RoR over the last several years. The “2 AAs” thing threw me a bit, but I’m still optimistic.

Now... that lack of table service and a third ride, thats when I start eyeing my glass suspiciously.

Piebald

The food here as well as Satuli Canteen remind me of Tokyo Disney: innovative and unique. Not sure how Joe America will feel but I personally love it.

CinematicFusion

Only thing that might be a problem is they are investing a ton....or all of this land on the new trilogy. No Han, Luke, Vader.
After the mixed reaction to "The Last Jedi", I'm sure Disney is concerned with the final movie of the trilogy and that they get it right.
Could hurt the enjoyment of the park experience if you don't care about the main characters.
Personally I like Rey and Kylo Ren but after that I don't care about any of the new characters after the Last Jedi. Which is a shame. (My personal opinion only...I'm sure others thought the last movie was great...I unfortunately did not.)

rle4lunch

the.dreamfinder

Just wanted to highlight this quote from Chapek. There’s a level of total cluelessness here that, had it happened in any other line of business, would be disqualifying for high level executives.
"When you're inside Galaxy's Edge, you will not think that you're in a theme park. There will be no cues that you're in a theme park. This is really a marker for where we are going as an organization in the future across all of our intellectual property, across all of our sites, across all of our businesses."
He’s not describing something new, he’s describing the old standard for Disney theme parks. Galaxy’s Edge appears to be more of a return to form than something brand new and that distinction matters. As does the fact that in Florida, Galaxy’s Edge will sit alongside Toy Story Land, smh.

The Pho

Just wanted to highlight this quote from Chapek. There’s a level of total cluelessness here that, had it happened in any other line of business, would be disqualifying for high level executives.

He’s not describing something new, he’s describing the old standard for Disney theme parks. Galaxy’s Edge appears to be more of a return to form than something brand new and that distinction matters. As does the fact that in Florida, Galaxy’s Edge will sit alongside Toy Story Land, smh.
I think you’re mistaken. We all know the Chapek invented the concept of immersion in 2015.

drod1985

Only thing that might be a problem is they are investing a ton....or all of this land on the new trilogy. No Han, Luke, Vader.

I think there are plenty of opportunities to include them. The articles talk about how the stories and characters we know have spread through the galaxy, influencing the in-universe toys you can purchase. I wouldn't be surprised to see more Original and Prequel trilogy toys inspired by the in-universe legends. The holocrons and interactive experiences also offer other opportunities to reference Luke, Vader, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom