Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MickeyMinnieMom

And now confirmed......."For food, the land won’t have a table-service restaurant but will offer two quick-serve restaurants and a cantina with alcohol and snacks." from Orlando Sentinel
So to summarize food options:

2 QSRs (Docking Bay 7 serving some pretty gorgeous looking plates, Rontos Roasters serving street fair)
1 Popcorn Shack (Kat Saka’s Kettle)
Milk Stands
Oga's Cantina

Really not a terrible mix. I think QSR is relatively smart in terms of getting people in and out, and sticking with the village/outpost vibe.
In WDW-speak I think of these spots as more "Counter Service" than "Quick Service", but I know they're sometimes used interchangeably. Gotta' say that I'm disappointed that there's not a true TS experience. I don't get that choice, personally. Why not have a high price tag place that eats guests for a little longer than CS? Then again, I don't get the choice not to open with more attractions from day one rather than leaving an expansion pad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In WDW-speak I think of these spots as more "Counter Service" than "Quick Service", but I know they're sometimes used interchangeably. Gotta' say that I'm disappointed that there's not a true TS experience. I don't get that choice, personally. Why not have a high price tag place that eats guests for a little longer than CS? Then again, I don't get the choice not to open with more attractions from day one rather than leaving an expansion pad.
Regarding the restaurant; I sort of get it from a logistical standpoint. The place is going to be a utter zoo for years making running a TS place problematic.

As to expansion; It makes sense from both a capex and marketing standpoint. You keep the initial construction costs and times lower and you create a marketing opportunity with every new expansion.

Kamikaze

I wonder how much the hotel played into the cutting of the TSR. Force you to stay at the starship resort to get a table service experience.

matt9112

New pictures and info are great, super exciting. My two biggest personal takeaways:

1) The Saber Shop is going to be everything I want it to be.

2) Those food items look appropriately otherworldly and gorgeous but seem a bit out there in terms of amount of ingredients, I feel like my stomach is going to rebel just looking at them

dont worry it wont last....menus never do....

flyerjab

Regarding the restaurant; I sort of get it from a logistical standpoint. The place is going to be a utter zoo for years making running a TS place problematic.

As to expansion; It makes sense from both a capex and marketing standpoint. You keep the initial construction costs and times lower and you create a marketing opportunity with every new expansion.

Do you think that it was cut so that they make their pronounced opening schedule for this year? Or was it cut in Disneyland too?

Snapper Bean

I don't know....those pictures of Rise of the Resistance look a little awesome to me. Even if the Ride Tech isn't revolutionary it still can be a fantastic ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The cantina is the planned table service restaurant.

Ah but when will that plan come to fruition?

If they do fill in that empty spot with a TSR, I hope it's modeled on Hoop Dee Doo, wherein groups are settled all in at one time, limited choice of menu, and some entertainment. Then, move 'em on out.

So help me understand the food situation....

Is the Cantina just for drinks? And all the food options are quick service similar to Pandora?

Yes the Cantina is just for drinks for now. It's attached table service restaurant won't debut with the opening of the land.

One of the other two QS is definitely like Satuli, but seemingly less build-your-own.

durangojim

Man I am so excited! I have to say I think everything looks great and amazing! I really hope that this lives up to our expectations. Good for Disney for really hitting it out of the park on this one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom