Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Clowd Nyne

Disney recognizes that MK has more to offer that's why we pay more for it. I expect to shell out more for HS when it gets STWL and TSL and more for AK once Pandora opens. The only thing that saddens me is that I see nothing on the horizon for Epcot that would warrant a price bump.

Mike S

Monstropolis.
image.jpeg

ToTBellHop

For years this has been on the table at DCA and now DHS but nothing ever domes out of it. I guess it's too much to ask for a door coaster and a nice dinner at Harry Hausen's. I wouldn't mind a ride and go seek in the American parks too, but i guess we'll have to settle for the laugh floor...
A ride and restaurant wouldn't be out of the question. Just not a whole city block.

doctornick

Monstropolis.

Well, that's unfortunate. I do think that a properly done Monstropolis -- on the scale/quality level of Cars Land -- would have been an awesome addition and really balanced out the park. I've long proposed that it would be a great IP to add to DHS.

Hopefully, as you have mentioned, we'll at least get maybe a mini-land regarding Monsters Inc, like a ride and a Harry Hausen restaurant (and I suppose the requisite M&G).

doctornick

Make it more of a mix and have Gusteau's as the restaurant.

I think there is a real value to more generic lands over the immersive single IP ones. Yes, the latter allow you to really recreate iconic settings, but the downside is that they are limited in growth and run the risk of the base IP becoming unpopular over time. A more generic "Pixar Place" with different IPs would be more flexible in adding different attractions over time -- the downside is to get everything to mesh well as a themed land.

SCOTLORR

I think there is a real value to more generic lands over the immersive single IP ones. Yes, the latter allow you to really recreate iconic settings, but the downside is that they are limited in growth and run the risk of the base IP becoming unpopular over time. A more generic "Pixar Place" with different IPs would be more flexible in adding different attractions over time -- the downside is to get everything to mesh well as a themed land.
I think the closest Disney has gotten to this is in Disney Studios Park in Paris. Not sure how well the theming flows, but it goes from Finding Nemo to Cars to Ratatouille to Toy Story pretty quickly. It's hard to tell how seamless these transitions are just by the map, but at least Disney has some history in doing it. Im really hoping the generic Pixar theme is what we get.

Herbie

Monstropolis has always seemed like a confusing concept for a land... it'd basically be the Streets of America except with a dark ride, meet-and-greet, restaurant, and gift shop. Which is dandy and needed, and I wouldn't reject it, but I've never understood the excitement some people have for that idea. It's not exactly Cars Land or even A Bug's Land. However, we definitely need the ride even after TSL and SWL..

SirLink

Since when is 3 E-tickets and other offerings considered a light ride lineup?

Since when is DHS getting 3 E-tickets I know its you and you believe anything positive that is written but still... oh wait you mean now. Yes that is light extremely light, that is a drought.

Last edited:

SirLink

Monstropolis has always seemed like a confusing concept for a land... it'd basically be the Streets of America except with a dark ride, meet-and-greet, restaurant, and gift shop. Which is dandy and needed, and I wouldn't reject it, but I've never understood the excitement some people have for that idea. It's not exactly Cars Land or even A Bug's Land. However, we definitely need the ride even after TSL and SWL..

Well depends on which plan. Family coaster, potential dark ride, laugh floor, meet and greet, restaurant and gift shops. It would be a step up from any Bugs Land.

Next Big Thing

Since when is DHS getting 3 E-tickets I know its you and you believe anything positive that is written but still... oh wait you mean now. Yes that is light extremely light, that is a drought.
I think he was talking about the current ride line-up and including ToT, RNRC and TSMM as E's, but I could be wrong.

If that's what he meant, he's not wrong per say (although TSMM is a D). Although the park only has 5 rides, every ride in the park currently is a great experience and all D's or E's. Also, arguably EVERY RIDE can give you a slightly different experience for multiple re-rides.

The problem with the park has just been lack of investment.

ToTBellHop

I think he was talking about the current ride line-up and including ToT, RNRC and TSMM as E's, but I could be wrong.

If that's what he meant, he's not wrong per say (although TSMM is a D). Although the park only has 5 rides, every ride in the park currently is a great experience and all D's or E's. Also, arguably EVERY RIDE can give you a slightly different experience for multiple re-rides.

The problem with the park has just been lack of investment.
I think he was suggesting the two SWL rides and Slinky Dog (lol) are Es.

CrescentLake

That doesn't make it a half-day park. When you skip things, that's not DAK's fault for offering too little, that's your fault for not doing what they offer. Yeah, you can ride Kilimanjaro and Everest and leave at 11:00, but that's like calling Magic Kingdom a half day park because you walk in, ride Splash Mountain, and then go home.

See now if you actually read the post, I ended that with 2pm. I could do Nemo and FOTLK and all the rides I wanted, eat, and be out by 2, 2:30 at the latest. Is that a full day for you? Because last I checked, that was mid afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom