Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

Heh! You should be. The bean counters are trying to cut corners at every opportunity and one just came up that saves them $500 million+. Don't be surprised TS and SW are all that gets added for quite awhile.

I've heard the possibility of an attraction here or an attraction there, but nothing as grandiose as what was originally envisioned.

I see it more likely that they'll want to take advantage of the turnstiles rotating from TS and SW and won't see the need to invest any more $$ for quite a while, but that's purely speculation.
#ThanksGreedyExecutives

CrescentLake

DAK already IS a full day park; the Pandora expansion will just make it a "fuller" day park...

Sorry, no. It's a fuller park than DHS, that's for sure, but consistently I find myself able to leave the park anywhere between 11-2 depending on if I do the shows. This vacation, I went twice to it, but often I go just once and get it all done. Meanwhile, MK and Epcot I can't get all I want done in one whole day. I think it's a "your mileage may vary situation" at best.

SirLink

please can we keep the half day full day argument away from this thread.
there all opinions anyway, this thread moves fast enough without these debates

It is a worthwhile discussion to be had in this instance - are two high capacity rides attached to a popular IP that replace two high capacity rides, better for the park as a whole? Does it increase your length of stay? When the park should, and might by 2021, needs to increase the total number of rides and shows?

Ignohippo

Couldn't it be possible that they keep the muppets area for now and that when Toy Story Land opens (before SWL), they'll get rid of the muppets and connect the (still under construction) SWL to Star Tours? So SWL will include the Muppets Courtyard area and ST at the end, but for now they need the Muppets for the large crowds but they won't when TSL opens. That way TMC won't be an Island and ST will be in SWL. I hope I make sense, sorry English not my first language.

I believe Muppets will be around for another decade (they wouldn't be re-theming PP if it weren't). I think you're probably looking at a SW expansion no sooner than 5-10 years after SW land opens, so Muppets is safe for a while.

Ignohippo

It is a worthwhile discussion to be had in this instance - are two high capacity rides attached to a popular IP that replace two high capacity rides, better for the park as a whole? Does it increase your length of stay? When the park should, and might by 2021, needs to increase the total number of rides and shows?

Well said.

@twebber55 Maybe make a new thread for it if you want? Maybe discuss it as what we know so far as the net gain/loss for DHS, so that it's News & Rumors? Maybe list the losses and gains?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couldn't it be possible that they keep the muppets area for now and that when Toy Story Land opens (before SWL), they'll get rid of the muppets and connect the (still under construction) SWL to Star Tours? So SWL will include the Muppets Courtyard area and ST at the end, but for now they need the Muppets for the large crowds but they won't when TSL opens. That way TMC won't be an Island and ST will be in SWL. I hope I make sense, sorry English not my first language.

All indications are that Pizza Planet is being re-themed to Muppets, and if that is the case then it's unlikely Muppets would go away in that time frame.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What about the entrance to the Muppets being flipped and accessing from the back. This leaves Star Tours at the entrance of the land. The entire area in red could be future expansion if Indy is taken out for access. That's if it does not become a parking lot.

View attachment 137800

I could see that happening long term, but it will require garages to be built, which in turn will require most of the red area to be temporary parking.

CaptainAmerica

Sorry, no. It's a fuller park than DHS, that's for sure, but consistently I find myself able to leave the park anywhere between 11-2 depending on if I do the shows. This vacation, I went twice to it, but often I go just once and get it all done. Meanwhile, MK and Epcot I can't get all I want done in one whole day. I think it's a "your mileage may vary situation" at best.
That doesn't make it a half-day park. When you skip things, that's not DAK's fault for offering too little, that's your fault for not doing what they offer. Yeah, you can ride Kilimanjaro and Everest and leave at 11:00, but that's like calling Magic Kingdom a half day park because you walk in, ride Splash Mountain, and then go home.

JUFL2019

That doesn't make it a half-day park. When you skip things, that's not DAK's fault for offering too little, that's your fault for not doing what they offer. Yeah, you can ride Kilimanjaro and Everest and leave at 11:00, but that's like calling Magic Kingdom a half day park because you walk in, ride Splash Mountain, and then go home.
100% Agree, Our family always spends a full day at DAK by the time we walk the Animal Trails, see the shows, eat, and ride the attractions. Not to mention if we stop to enjoy some of the street entertainment.

Seabasealpha1

I guess I'll just wait and see how they plan to put the puzzle pieces together...too much anxiety about the flow of current/new stuff and the flow whilst having little actual knowledge...

and...um...3/4 day!

jt04

It makes ZERO sense to me. Zero.

I was told RnRC would be re-themed to Guardians because, simply, the thought is no one gives a crap about Aerosmith anymore and it gives them a very, very easy and quick way to get Marvel into the park. The music tie-in is a perfect way to make it work. They have been looking to replace Aerosmith for years, and they finally have an opportunity - and one that costs them zero in licensing, too.

I was told nothing about WDW1974's info about ToT being converted, but it does seem to make some sense, I guess, if they are thinking about changing RnRC. I don't see where the tie-in would be between ToT and GotG, but it is obvious someone in Glendale is working on it and it's a HUGE coincidence.

That's a far cry from changing the entire Hollywood Blvd. to a GotG theme, though. I imagine, if it happens at all, it would just be one or both of those attractions, and nothing else.

I just think Marvel will definitely be getting a land. Contenders would be HB, Tomorrowland, and Future World IMHO. There will be more and more lP' s under the Marvel umbrella that Disney will have exclusive rights to. And nothing says the ToT in both DL and WDW have to be reimagined in the same way.

But we are a decade in the future now I imagine.

CaptainAmerica

It makes ZERO sense to me. Zero.

I was told RnRC would be re-themed to Guardians because, simply, the thought is no one gives a crap about Aerosmith anymore and it gives them a very, very easy and quick way to get Marvel into the park. The music tie-in is a perfect way to make it work. They have been looking to replace Aerosmith for years, and they finally have an opportunity - and one that costs them zero in licensing, too.

I was told nothing about WDW1974's info about ToT being converted, but it does seem to make some sense, I guess, if they are thinking about changing RnRC. I don't see where the tie-in would be between ToT and GotG, but it is obvious someone in Glendale is working on it and it's a HUGE coincidence.

That's a far cry from changing the entire Hollywood Blvd. to a GotG theme, though. I imagine, if it happens at all, it would just be one or both of those attractions, and nothing else.
Do we have any idea what the legal situation is with Aerosmith? Does that agreement expire at some definite point? Can Disney unilaterally decide they're not going to pay for the license anymore? Would there be a buyout?

jt04

Marvel the characters everyone wants will not be in the park! Not in WDW not happening... so lets move on from that subject....

Please PM the mods because there is an entire thread on the subject that should be locked if you are right. Thanks.

gmajew

Please PM the mods because there is an entire thread on the subject that should be locked if you are right. Thanks.

Read my post I said the characters people want! Not the second tier ones that are being talked about as options. Marvel needs to stay on west coast where they can do it and do it right with the top tier talent of that brand.

CJR

The optimist in me would hope that once the two lands are finished, they'll turn their attention to the Animation Courtyard, which will almost certainly close the Star Wars Experience at that point. It'll be the worst area of the park at that point, in my opinion.

I'm thinking Indy is staying now, likely due to the movie coming out a in a few years. It'd be nice for it to get a bigger presence in the park though. I doubt it'll happen since they'd need to be working on it now if they wanted to take advantage of the film's release date (and obviously, nothing's in the pipeline for Indy).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom