Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

Rather have this than Frontierland for the 50th. Would be awesome.

And possibly a new add in Epcot. IP based of course. Seriously.
I agree actually. I know the absolute perfect IP for Epcot that Disney hasn't leveraged for far too long and could make for an amazing new ride.
latest

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So SWL is going to be in SOA correct? Wouldn't that mean Phase 3 would be the LMA area? Or does everyone now believe phase 3 to be off the table completely? As much as I would want a phase 3 or 4 I had always figured they wouldn't happen unfortunately.
It looks like SW will cover LMA and SOA areas. Phase 3 appears to be dead or at least on life support. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything more than some minor updates.

I think hope of the Indy show being salvaged is slim to none. I can't see them keeping it as is and I can't see them spending money to redo it. It will stay open until the new SW and Toy Story stuff comes online and the initial rush is over then probably close for good. I'd say an Indy ride is also unlikely but who knows.

Brian Swan

Sorry, no. It's a fuller park than DHS, that's for sure, but consistently I find myself able to leave the park anywhere between 11-2 depending on if I do the shows. This vacation, I went twice to it, but often I go just once and get it all done. Meanwhile, MK and Epcot I can't get all I want done in one whole day. I think it's a "your mileage may vary situation" at best.
NOT being argumentative... When I "evaluate" if a park is full/half day, I take into account ALL that it has to offer, not just the particular things I like to do. If you see all three live shows, take the train to CS, spend time on the walking trails and do all of the rides, it WILL take a full day (or at least most of a full day) to fit it all in.

articos

You are completely nitpicking it. I was going by info given to me in about a 15 minute phone conversation. My apologies if I had TSland very, very slightly larger to the south and north on my map. I would hardly call it "widely inaccurate" by any stretch of the imagination. The location and walking paths are entirely accurate. While the exact size may not be 100%, it's about 95% accurate if your sources are correct.

Remember, I gave this information at a time no one had any clue at all about TS or SW (at least the specifics hadn't been shared on the boards anyway, at that point). The info I was given was that it would go south of the Animation Courtyard and end around where the preshow buildings for BLT were. It wasn't as though someone was pointing things out on a map. It was a phone call. I reproduced what I was told as accurately as I could.

**For complete transparency, I was also told that the south portion of the Animation Courtyard (including the shops, the Pirates Soundstage, OMD AND The Little Mermaid) would all be going. That info has been rebuffed by other insiders here, so that is up in the air as to if the info I have is inaccurate, or was changed at some point. I was told the infrastructure for TLM and OMD were the same, so it wouldn't be possible to tear one down without the other, but I have zero personal insight on that. THAT is info that may be "widely inaccurate", so I'm happy to put it out there and say the info I had was wrong if that's the case.**

As for SW, we have always agreed that the area that was to have been used was 'close' but disagree on the specific location. I stand by what I was told completely and that, at whatever point, the buildings around Echo Lake were absolutely to have been used in this project, and the cost saving involved was the entire reason it was originally planned for that location. To say the area would have been back further doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since the entire purpose of locating it there would have been to save money by repurposing the existing structures but I'm sure the others have all of their info from very good sources, so not sure what the story is there. I only know what I was told.

But I guess all of that is moot now, since SW isn't going in that area any longer anyway.
Without getting into details, I will say the process sometimes starts with multiple plans. The idea to reuse existing buildings is often one of those plans. Then things changed.

Talking to everyone here, not responding to @Ignohippo, with all the talk of a Phase 3 and budgets, just keep in mind there's a lot of time from now through what happens after Star Wars is vertical. Budgets and executives come and go during that amount of time. I wouldn't be that concerned about what's planned or cut for that timeframe just yet.

Last edited:

cheezbat

NOT being argumentative... When I "evaluate" if a park is full/half day, I take into account ALL that it has to offer, not just the particular things I like to do. If you see all three live shows, take the train to CS, spend time on the walking trails and do all of the rides, it WILL take a full day (or at least most of a full day) to fit it all in.
Only on crowded busy days. I've done everything by around 2pm before. Spent the rest of the day at DHS.

CrescentLake

"Most of a full day" or "if you do everything in the park a certain way, it is a full day" are the key arguments against the DAK is a halfday park statement and while I respect and understand where you are coming from, neither apply here. First, your average guest leaves the park early assuming they have done everything. But not even considering that, how is a park a "full day park" only if you do it in a certain way? I love AK, its my second favorite park and I am ecstatic for the new expansions, but its not like MK or even Epcot. When I go to AK, I go once a vacation, for half a day, and for the last ten years it has almost been the exact same experience every time. Go to the safari, ride twice, head to Everest, ride twice, eat breakfast, head to Dinosaur, head to Kali and ride twice, see Nemo, lunch, see Lion King, back to the hotel by 1:30. MK and Epcot are different every single time. I can go to either park two days in a row and not have the same experience. Even DHS, before everything closed, was like this.

I am not saying DAK is a bad park- it is easily has the best overall theming in WDW, maybe even Florida, but it just does not have enough to do. If I can only stretch it into a full day park if I try really, really hard, its not a full day park. Even these expansions, while amazing, are really lacking one or two more rides to really flesh the park out. I think we'll get there, and DAK will be the crown jewel of WDW for a while. But we aren't there yet.

Monoblanco13

Without getting into details, I will say the process sometimes starts with multiple plans. The idea to reuse existing buildings is often one of those plans. Then things changed.

Talking to everyone here, not responding to @Ignohippo, with all the talk of a Phase 3 and budgets, just keep in mind there's a lot of time from now through what happens after Star Wars is vertical. Budgets and executives come and go during that amount of time. I wouldn't be that concerned about what's planned or cut for that timeframe just yet.
In all this darkness this post actually just shined a little light at the end of the tunnel. It is very true lots could happen between now and 4 yeas from now. I would like to keep optimism on my side if possible.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
say an Indy ride is also unlikely but who knows.

I think they are waiting for the movie in this case... the last one was such a dud that they are hesitant to invest in a "dieing" IP. If the movie reboots the IP than we might see a ride. If the film tanks I think any hopes of seeing Indy in the swamps is done... just my $.02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom