Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MrHappy

The speculation on SWGE opening being after Dec. 16th can be shot down now. The ticket calendar is now available through the end of Dec. 2019 and pricing isn’t too much different.
Sorry, it takes me a while. So does this suggest it wont open until at least January. Or if it opens in Dec then there wont be price increases?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry, it takes me a while. So does this suggest it wont open until at least January. Or if it opens in Dec then there wont be price increases?

The idea was that the ticket pricing ended on Dec 16, therefor, WDW has holding back on showing the huge spikes in prices to drive away SWL crowds, thus, SWL wouldn't open until Dec 17 the earliest.

But since we now have pricing, it means that WDW isn't spiking cost of tickets because of SWL in 2019 at all. SWL is still expected to open in 2019.

MrHappy

The idea was that the ticket pricing ended on Dec 16, therefor, WDW has holding back on showing the huge spikes in prices to drive away SWL crowds, thus, SWL wouldn't open until Dec 17 the earliest.

But since we now have pricing, it means that WDW isn't spiking cost of tickets because of SWL in 2019 at all. SWL is still expected to open in 2019.
Thanks. So as of now, correct me if I'm wrong, there are no other indicators that may suggest an opening date: black outs, pricing, pass holder events, etc.
Call me selfish, but I'm trying to plan a trip in early November - clearly trying to avoid the crush and take advantage of the tsunami effect.

drod1985

Thanks. So as of now, correct me if I'm wrong, there are no other indicators that may suggest an opening date: black outs, pricing, pass holder events, etc.
Call me selfish, but I'm trying to plan a trip in early November - clearly trying to avoid the crush and take advantage of the tsunami effect.

I think the only solid indicator is exactly what they've announced: Late Fall.

Fall 2019 starts on September 23 and ends on December 20. That's an 88 day spread. For the sake of simple math let's break it up into 30 day segments for early, mid and late Fall...
  • Early Fall: September 23 - October 23
  • Mid Fall: October 24 - November 23
  • Late Fall: November 24 - December 20
So...you might be safe in early November. But I wouldn't book anything you can adjust dates on if you're determined to avoid the opening of GE.

MrHappy

I think the only solid indicator is exactly what they've announced: Late Fall.

Fall 2019 starts on September 23 and ends on December 20. That's an 88 day spread. For the sake of simple math let's break it up into 30 day segments for early, mid and late Fall...
  • Early Fall: September 23 - October 23
  • Mid Fall: October 24 - November 23
  • Late Fall: November 24 - December 20
So...you might be safe in early November. But I wouldn't book anything you can adjust dates on if you're determined to avoid the opening of GE.
Thanks, i like your logic. As long as the 88 days are broken into 3rds. But they may consider "late" as the last 44 though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The other issue with "Late Fall" is that WDW is in the theme park / travel / vacation / tourism business. And the industries' idea of the seasons don't exactly line up with astronomy. Usually "late Fall" means "shortly before we do Christmas, which can be anywhere from the day after Halloween to the day after Thanksgiving."

tomast

Yesterday I was thinking... I have read somewhere over this forum that Alcatraz ride would ,in some point of the ride, make the guest leave the vehicle. I don´t know if that is still a rumor. But if thats a possibility???

From my point of view loading and unloading vehicles its one of the critical areas of the atractions. there is the need of cast members that help the guest. its also on of the most illuminated areas in a ride and it generates some kind of accumulation (is that a word? jam?) of guest that loads and unload on the previous and next vehicle and also that want to wait to some party member in another vehicle.

idk how are they going to pull something like that and make it part of the ride and not a "post-atraction-queue"

any thought about the this?? guest are supose to re-ride the vehicle after unload ir?

doctornick

Yesterday I was thinking... I have read somewhere over this forum that Alcatraz ride would ,in some point of the ride, make the guest leave the vehicle. I don´t know if that is still a rumor. But if thats a possibility???

I think this myth was dispelled. It seemed like the rumor started because of some confusion over the pre-show (think equivalent to the stretch room for HM in terms of setting the scene) seeming like the first part of the ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

From my point of view loading and unloading vehicles its one of the critical areas of the atractions. there is the need of cast members that help the guest. its also on of the most illuminated areas in a ride and it generates some kind of accumulation (is that a word? jam?) of guest that loads and unload on the previous and next vehicle and also that want to wait to some party member in another vehicle.

idk how are they going to pull something like that and make it part of the ride and not a "post-atraction-queue"

any thought about the this?? guest are supose to re-ride the vehicle after unload ir?
I think this myth was dispelled. It seemed like the rumor started because of some confusion over the pre-show (think equivalent to the stretch room for HM in terms of setting the scene) seeming like the first part of the ride.

HauntedMansionFLA

22572BC5-9BEB-4F48-A41E-0473B26E1D1A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom