Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

Somebody has got to make up their minds. One says it DL another says it WDW. It looks to far advanced to me to be WDW. But, I'm not there so I'm just going by the last pictures I saw. Hopefully we can get some solid verification before a few people have an aneurysm. There seems to be some disorder in the force.

peter11435

Somebody has got to make up their minds. One says it DL another says it WDW. It looks to far advanced to me to be WDW. But, I'm not there so I'm just going by the last pictures I saw. Hopefully we can get some solid verification before a few people have an aneurysm. There seems to be some disorder in the force.
It’s WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The crane and structures in the background are off property. The building on the left is the Orlando World Center Marriott.
He has a point...

AF281B73-41EA-448C-A064-9DF98F73D0DA.jpeg

D17F7AC3-D2BA-4A76-B89D-FDE21ECF1C62.jpeg

Sped2424

The crane and structures in the background are off property. The building on the left is the Orlando World Center Marriott.
I have never been able to see the marriott from hollywood studios before! Especially when looking at SWL from that angle??

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

On the most recent Disney Dish podcast, Jim and @lentesta discussed Alcatraz and spoke seemingly in known aspects of the attraction. I know at one point it was discussed that there would be a disembarkation of the ride vehicle but that seems to have been dismissed. They did however indicate that the second part of the attraction would feature some sort of augmented reality helmet. Has this been discussed by anyone else?

britain

On the most recent Disney Dish podcast, Jim and @lentesta discussed Alcatraz and spoke seemingly in known aspects of the attraction. I know at one point it was discussed that there would be a disembarkation of the ride vehicle but that seems to have been dismissed. They did however indicate that the second part of the attraction would feature some sort of augmented reality helmet. Has this been discussed by anyone else?

Well, I was pretty sure that this ride would require 3D glasses. I suppose it wouldn't be a far stretch to require guests to wear a helmet.

Still, this is cutting edge stuff that, as you look at other tech companies' AR offerings, really ISN'T ready yet. Yes, I want Disney to push technological envelopes, but I don't know if I trust them to do AR right. I sure hope it works reliably and convincingly.

britain

The AR helmet thing always seemed to me to be like a premium souvenir thing to walk around the land with - like a pricy Potter interactive wand. Not a requirement for everyone who goes on Battle Escape.

bshah365

Does anybody have an update on the new Lightsaber patents that were filed a while back? I thought those were supposed to mimic the interactive potter wands....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom