Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now, if they would have added the rumored "Bantha Peoplemover" concept.
Peoplemover moves about 3,600 pph. Assuming this lower ticket level only have a 2 hour wait, that gives us a line of 7,200 people. If there is fast pass, about 3,800. On top of that, people mover holds ~600 people on ride for a total of 4,400 people on ride or in line for Banthamover.

Banthas are slow. They're elephants in costume. People keep mentioning the cut Bantha ride, but they haven't, AFAIK, said what the mechanics of that ride was except a vague "Bantha's pulling carts" IIRC. That would have been an incredibly slow ride with an incredibly low PPH. I've never seen anyone compare the cut Bantha ride to MK's People Mover.

Now, I'm not saying they shouldn't have added more ride capacity in SWL and in DHS, just that the Bantha ride was probably cut for good reasons. Now, a *landspeeder* people mover... that would've been nice. :)

Purduevian

Banthas are slow. They're elephants in costume. People keep mentioning the cut Bantha ride, but they haven't, AFAIK, said what the mechanics of that ride was except a vague "Bantha's pulling carts" IIRC. That would have been an incredibly slow ride with an incredibly low PPH. I've never seen anyone compare the cut Bantha ride to MK's People Mover.

Now, I'm not saying they shouldn't have added more ride capacity in SWL and in DHS, just that the Bantha ride was probably cut for good reasons. Now, a *landspeeder* people mover... that would've been nice. :)

Bigger than a wombat and not an A.

More like a Peoplemover with Bantha styled ride vehicles.

People mover capacity might be out of the question, but I did not come up with the comparison :).

RSoxNo1

I feel someone (perhaps @marni1971 or @WDW1974) described the bantha ride as the TTA, presumably as a kinetic thing.

Edit: Yep, it was Martin...
Bigger than a wombat and not an A.

More like a Peoplemover with Bantha styled ride vehicles.

RSoxNo1

I'd go to DL, too, but I don't want to have to squeeze through all the Pixar Pier and Mission Breakout protesters.
Mission Breakout is a better ride than DCA's Tower and the old building was disruptive to that skyline just as much as the Hollywood Tower Hotel was. The greater issue is that in a park called Disney California Adventure they took away an attraction tied to California in favor of kicking off a land that has very little tie to California.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Mission Breakout is a better ride than DCA's Tower and the old building was disruptive to that skyline just as much as the Hollywood Tower Hotel was. The greater issue is that in a park called Disney California Adventure they took away an attraction tied to California in favor of kicking off a land that has very little tie to California.

You must have missed the explanation. Most of the production work for GOTG was done in California!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

ACF1593C-672E-40E4-9452-4AA1CE2A8CFA.jpeg
73E27F61-FE74-461F-860B-00285937D9CB.jpeg
49219182-3E65-4037-BE78-075192FFC410.jpeg
2CE31127-E232-4BDC-9428-FE04FD1394D3.jpeg
96375D93-6D94-4D50-A1D4-A7842804FBD9.jpeg
6D58C769-EE2F-49FA-8E3A-617F9BF9BC26.jpeg
EA65D634-AA16-42BA-AEE4-BBF1ACE7A723.jpeg
F884F6B6-0708-498A-A301-6FA8C568CC18.jpeg
68A44123-389D-4075-A18E-76B27AD2E60C.jpeg
E177C2B8-E1AF-401A-81EB-957716248401.jpeg

SpoiledBlueMilk

Well they do still have the rapids ride which is Northern California themed, right? And that really nice section that looks all national park-ish...

Brummyboy92

Asked on a previous topic about oepning date, which has of course not been confirmed yet. Better question would be, do we know when we will get an official opening date? Not looking to book until March 2019, and want my trip to coinside with the opening of SWL, surely something official would have been released by then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom