Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Timothy_Q

Asked on a previous topic about oepning date, which has of course not been confirmed yet. Better question would be, do we know when we will get an official opening date? Not looking to book until March 2019, and want my trip to coinside with the opening of SWL, surely something official would have been released by then?
The way its looking I would say around the middle of Dec, perhaps even the same day as when Ep IX comes out.
It seems you guys are talking about different things.

@Brummyboy92 is asking when an announcement would happen
@LieutLaww is saying when the land will possibly open

Sorry to intervene

matt9112

I'm pretty sure that concept art is old. I believe that was going to be the Battle Escape queue area before they changed it to a Resistance area (probably to better fit the story of the ride). I believe the primary residence of the First Order can be seen here on bottom:
0723_fea_ocr-l-dlniles-01.jpg

why would one tie fighter be parked randomly in a very vulnerable state across town from a resistance base....makes no sense :)

matt9112

Cut it with whom? Since 2010, attendance at DHS has only increased year after year with the exception of a less than 1% dip in 2017, which is understandable with all the ride closures. It's growth is slow, but has always increased or plateaued.

So, you're saying that with the addition of TSL, 3 upcoming new E-Tickets, and a full SW Land, that DHS is going to fail in some way? How is it not going to 'cut it'?

your confusing making lots of money and managing that in the correct way.

sedati

why would one tie fighter be parked randomly in a very vulnerable state across town from a resistance base....makes no sense :)
The Resistance Base is more like a temporary shelter. Their numbers are small and I believe they are meant to be there in secret- hiding in the outskirts of town inside of abandoned ruins.
Ties are short-range vehicles. If there is even just a single Tie Fighter that means there is at least one larger craft nearby, most often a Star Destroyer. So if you saw a lone tie and looked up to the sky you would probably see this:
1540263768563.png

Those distant triangles represent a magnitude of trouble.

Movielover

The Resistance Base is more like a temporary shelter. Their numbers are small and I believe they are meant to be there in secret- hiding in the outskirts of town inside of abandoned ruins.
Ties are short-range vehicles. If there is even just a single Tie Fighter that means there is at least one larger craft nearby, most often a Star Destroyer. So if you saw a lone tie and looked up to the sky you would probably see this:
View attachment 321630

You mean like the Star Destroyer that we are being taken to which is the entire setting of the Alcatraz ride? ;)

First-Order-battle-ride-vehicle-at-Star-Wars-Land-1024x768.jpg

galaxys-edge-tall-1536x864.jpg

Last edited:

Lensman

View attachment 321630
Disney should try to figure out how to keep a couple of triangular balloons over the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom